What's new

The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Lobo still need?

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
If I'm able to stack my shells, imagine the damage in the following combo:

j2, b2u1, 3 xx czar toss MB, B3 (trait shot used), j2, 21 xx space hook. Most likely that'll reach near 60%. The last thing Lobo needs is more damage output, considering he hits like a truck with one bar.
Simple solution, they tweak the damage scaling....

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Hook Charge would be OP

Make mid shot overhead he already has a low, and yes armor breaking....
Hook Charge:
  • First Hit becomes an overhead - unnecessary, it's a getting in tool
  • MB Armor Kicks in sooner - absolutely
  • More Invincibility Frames on wake up - would be nice
Trait:

• Slightly increases the range for all gun attacks - not really necessary, although is funny that 3 in 213 string have a bit more range than pump shot special
  • Can stack up to two shots - would be nice, considering load time
  • Turns Mid shot into a Lowshot - df1d is already low
  • Allows Pump Shot to send the opponent into a juggle state, allowing Lobo to combo afterwards - not necessary, low traited shot does that... only thing I would change is that it doesn't bounce opponent away from Lobo, allowing easier link with 1 into toss
  • Maybe give his shots armor breaking - maybe, but only nuclear shots, combined with stacking this could become multi-purpose tool
Sorry, my bad, I just got Lobo the other day and I didn't notice that there was already a low shot. :oops:

Alright, so how about this:

Hook Charge:
  • MB Kicks in sooner
  • More Invincibility Frames on Wake Up
Trait:
  • Add Armor Breaking properties to all of his nuclear shots
  • Faster load time
  • Mid Shot with a Nuclear shell loaded becomes overhead

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Sorry, my bad, I just got Lobo the other day and I didn't notice that there was already a low shot. :oops:

Alright, so how about this:

Hook Charge:
  • MB Kicks in sooner
  • More Invincibility Frames on Wake Up
Trait:

• Add Armor Breaking properties to all of his nuclear shots
  • Faster load time

I mostly agree, but heres my take. Whether it's MB or not, a hit of armor should be given to the initial start-up of the move, just before the chain hits the ground is when the armor should be active. It could still be broken non-MB since it's only one hit. And the MB variant would be able to come out without being stuffed therefore, preventing a waste of meter. Yes, all nuclear shells should break armor, we've already received a faster load time in a previous "buff" so it would be nice but not completely necessary. His low nuclear pump shot should bounce the opponent slightly higher and suspend them for a bit longer in the air. Perhaps closer to Lobo as well, this would allow more versatile combo capabilities off his low pump shot. I can only get a full combo off his low pump shot if I have the opponent in the corner.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
i have not really kept up with this game but i remember reo talking about how annoying it was doing i think b1? into his command grab in combos. they should change the motion for the command grab to like b,d or something

I noticed in the Hawkgirl forums that, at one point during the patching process of this game, her Heavenward Stomp was changed from a true hard knockdown in combos to a techable knockdown. I decided to see if she was able to be punished for this, and it turns out that she cannot. I then tested if the same could be same for Lobo. And after testing, I can say that Lobo is at the very least, at a disadvantage when he uses his Party Crasher similarly.

If you were to take Hawkgirl and see her Heavenward Stomp used after, say, a F3, the opponent would splat and let her do the following: Dash forward 3 times or Jump back and activate trait to initiate her zoning.

Now, let's take Lobo and use his Party Crasher after Czar Toss MB, a vital combo starter and part of Lobo's pressure game. Something you'd immediately notice is, the opponent is given the opportunity to roll out of the knockdown at a faster time when compared to Hawkgirl and her divekick. What this means is that Lobo is, at least, -2 frame disadvantage when doing this move. Which means he can be punished for doing this by Superman's super move.

Hawkgirl gets a few seconds to set things up before the opponent rolls when her divekick is used in a combo, how come we can't even try to chase the roll or we get punished with a super for doing the same thing?

colt hecterrific

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I say give invincibility frames on wake up hook charge so we can have an actual wakeup attack. Hook charge is negative on block so I think it's balanced.

Other than that... I say make his roll go under projectiles a bit better. It's doable now... but make it better.

I'd like for 113 czar toss to connect on block, like Shazam 22 HM. But that's just me. Also the hitbox on his chain in the 21 string to be adjusted to match his whole chain maybe

How about 21 actually makes sense when it hits. Instead of just glitching out for no reason sometimes. Also, It would be nice if the hitbox for low chain was the entire chain, so if some one jumps it, but does it wrong, they still get caught. Think GLs stupid gatlin gun or deathstroke mb shots.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Would it be OP if his nuclear shells stopped armour attacks?
With how it is now, I don't think so. It has a fairly long reload time and it's just one shell. It would definitely buff his close up game. Damn you Grundy..

Flagg

Noob
With how it is now, I don't think so. It has a fairly long reload time and it's just one shell. It would definitely buff his close up game. Damn you Grundy..
Exactly. It's hard enough for him to get in and with armour piercing ppl should respect waking up to him.

If he had this, 11 actually hitting mid, improved Chain charge and improved roll I'd be happy.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Lobo: Decrease the start up on Hook Charge to maybe two frames longer than whatever his wake up invulnerable frames are. That will do two things for him.
1. Allow him to meter burn it faster, enabling the armor faster to blow through projectiles and close distance.
2. Give him a viable wake up option that cannot be armor b+3ed by the opponent, forcing them to respect his wake up game up close, as he should be.
Lower the hurt box on his dash to legitimately go under high projectiles
Fix the hitbox on his chain when performing Skull Rider (2,1) So the chain makes contact with the opponent consistently.
Decrease the recovery on Party Crasher when it whiffs, so it can be better utilized as another way to close the distance.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Alright, updated my list of Lobo Changes.
Lobo:
  • Slightly decrease startup on b2
  • Change 1,1,3 into an Overhead
  • Add more invincibility to Hook Charge on wakeup
  • Allow MB Hook Charge to activate MUCH sooner
  • Give Party Crasher slightly more priority
  • Lower Lobo's Vertical Hurtbox while dashing forward
  • MAYBE Extend Hook Charge's Chain Vertical Hixbox to the tip of the chain. This will hit anyone directly above Lobo's Head.
  • MAYBE Change df1b into an overhead
Lobo's Trait:
  • Decrease Trait Activation time
  • Give all Nuclear Shell Shots armor breaking properties. df1, df1b, df1d, f21, 213, b3, f3
  • Allow Nuclear Shell Low Shots to float the opponent toward Lobo instead of away.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Would it be OP if his nuclear shells stopped armour attacks?
No it wouldn't. But NRS won't do both, I imagine. They will either give Lobo the capability to stack 2 at time OR make the one nuke armor piercing (and maybe shave those frames a lil bit more).

I'd be happy with either, as long as they fix the goddamn priority on party crasher and have the invincibility frames on charge start sooner.

I also totally agree with his dash. It doesn't need to be faster, but his ability to dodge projectiles in mid dash needs improving. All in all, if I get these tweaks and only these tweaks, I might cream the jeans.