What's new

Question The Big Balancing Patch is Coming. What buffs does Bane still need?

I didn't read through all 3 pages, and I'm pretty happy with Bane's design at the moment, but wouldn't it be nice if:

b,f+2 MB lead to a 'ground bounce' instead of a 'knock away' so you could continue to combo?

Keep the damage low on the move... it would become a decent over head that can now lead into damage at the cost of meter.

Given the capabilities of the rest of cast, I don't think this would be too unfair. It would open up a lot of possibilities for Bane to make opponents fear his mixup.

It'd also be nice if Venom mode increased his defence, but that's asking for way too much.

I think it would just take him off 'bottom' (which, I really don't think he's bottom tier anyway).

How is it any worse than Killer Frost's slide or any other character's MB specials that lead to combos (which is pretty large portion of the cast)?

I'll be honest... it's more of a 'that would be great!' than a 'he needs it.'

Here is my list

- Be able to cancel out of charge
- Have an increase in the armor count per level (2 hits for level 2 and 3 hits for level 3 but in terms of balanced the most balanced would be having 1 hit of armor for levels 1 and 2 and 2 hits of armor for level 3)
- Have F2d armored on every level
- Faster start up for B2 (This is a big one since majority of Bane's damaging combos start off with this)
- Lastly, his super animation should be instant and the opponent should not be able to jump away from it when activated (I only want this one b/c i love ending my matches with the super and it urks me all the time when opponents jump out of it b/c when i see them sitting there crouch blocking i tend to use super lol. For example like in MvC3 when haggar uses his lvl 3 super the screen freezes and if they are in range, he grabs them)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
God I hope NRS doesnt listen to the changes in this thread or else this character will be beyond broken.

Bane is a character that is incredibly difficult to balance, because while he has some matchups that are extremely lopsided in the opponents favor he also has some that are extremely lopsided in his favor.

God I hope NRS doesnt listen to the changes in this thread or else this character will be beyond broken.

Bane is a character that is incredibly difficult to balance, because while he has some matchups that are extremely lopsided in the opponents favor he also has some that are extremely lopsided in his favor.
lol what you say is true, but people just like to voice what they wish the character would have. I mean of course everything everyone wants its going to be broken, even if their character is already good.

Error

DF2+R2
I think it would just take him off 'bottom' (which, I really don't think he's bottom tier anyway).

How is it any worse than Killer Frost's slide or any other character's MB specials that lead to combos (which is pretty large portion of the cast)?

I'll be honest... it's more of a 'that would be great!' than a 'he needs it.'
Double punch is the move you should be landing the most as Bane because it's a relatively quick advancing overhead special, which is a mix-up with D1/B1/B2. Bane would basically get guaranteed damage every time he was near the opponent if double punch MB launched, especially considering how little he needs meter. He would become Flash with meterless damage and armor.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Level 2 Venom granting armor to F2 and F2D would be nice. I wouldn't mind if Level 1 charge and Level 2 Command throw broke armor either.

But I've said it way too often and I'll say it again... if his air throw did 18%+ damage, Bane would actually be scary when he landed a combo. His combo damage is pretty lackluster without Venom. Sacrificing positioning by ending a juggle with the air throw so he can just keep up with the rest of the cast in damage is pretty important, especially when he's in cooldown.

Zoidberg747

Level 2 Venom granting armor to F2 and F2D would be nice. I wouldn't mind if Level 1 charge and Level 2 Command throw broke armor either.

But I've said it way too often and I'll say it again... if his air throw did 18%+ damage, Bane would actually be scary when he landed a combo. His combo damage is pretty lackluster without Venom. Sacrificing positioning by ending a juggle with the air throw so he can just keep up with the rest of the cast in damage is pretty important, especially when he's in cooldown.
Again, stuff like this would break the character. For certain characters MB B3 is the only thing stopping him from charging in and terrorizing them. F2d is already a great string on its own, doesnt need armor.

The air throw thing would fuck over characters with air teleports and air dashes, as if they decide to dodge the charge in that way your inputs will reverse causing you to do the air throw. He doesnt need more damage without venom because most of his damage is supposed to come from Venom. The character is based around Venom.

One thing I do think they could change would be the reduction of the movement restrictions while in debuff. This could help Bane survive the debuff by being more mobile and able to backdash and back walk away from things, etc.

D_Matt_Ma

Again, stuff like this would break the character. For certain characters MB B3 is the only thing stopping him from charging in and terrorizing them. F2d is already a great string on its own, doesnt need armor.

The air throw thing would fuck over characters with air teleports and air dashes, as if they decide to dodge the charge in that way your inputs will reverse causing you to do the air throw. He doesnt need more damage without venom because most of his damage is supposed to come from Venom. The character is based around Venom.

One thing I do think they could change would be the reduction of the movement restrictions while in debuff. This could help Bane survive the debuff by being more mobile and able to backdash and back walk away from things, etc.
I am fine with the debuff. I'm not fine with an air throw with bad hitbox, poor damage, no invincibility/armor, and no positional advantage whatsoever on hit. Air throw auto-correct is a fluke, because the charge can be reacted to. There is no need to guess charge, so there's no way the auto-correct throw is landing outside of luck.

Here's a novel idea... in addition to making projectiles actually count as projectiles, TAKE AWAY ALL THROW INVINCIBLE MOVES.

Zoidberg747

Here's a novel idea... in addition to making projectiles actually count as projectiles, TAKE AWAY ALL THROW INVINCIBLE MOVES.
Yeah this needs to happen for many characters.

I am not aware of throw invincible moves, to what are you referring to?

D_Matt_Ma

Yeah this needs to happen for many characters.

I am not aware of throw invincible moves, to what are you referring to?
Characters have throw invincible moves. These are special moves or strings which are immune to throws during their active to recovery frames. This is the real reason Nightwing destroys Bane in staff. Not only can he smash the ground all day, but if he does his staff twirl, you can NEVER punish it with a throw... EVER. Go to training mode and record him doing staff twirl over and over again. Not only will it beat your armored moves, but if you super/special/regular throw him during his recovery, it will always whiff. Every character has moves that do that, which is why if you use Bane, and I want to beat you, I can take my 5 min nightwing and probably go at least 50/50 with you.

I'm not fine with an air throw with bad hitbox, poor damage, no invincibility/armor, and no positional advantage whatsoever on hit.
Yeah. Air throw/Ring Toss is shit. It's absolute shit, it is almost totally replaced by Venom Uppercut, I've tried to use it now since I started playing the character and it's a garbage move that has a terrible hitbox and weird active frames and is just yuck. Every time I do it instead of Venom Uppercut and eat a full jump-in combo I want to take off my luchador mask and punch myself in the nose for being so dumb.

I want to love the move. I want to grab people by their ankle and bounce them off the floor or suplex them. But it's a bad move. A bad, bad move.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
He needs small bits of damage increase.

Venom debuff removed.

Or give him extra armor stacks per venom to justify all the damage, speed, and defense loss afterwards.

That and few zoning moves don't count as projectiles so he just can't gamble much against that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Extra armor stacks would do nothing for Bane. None of the problems he has would be solved by more armor. The only scenarios that would be affected are multi hit projectiles and multi hit wakeups.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Extra armor stacks would do nothing for Bane. None of the problems he has would be solved by more armor. The only scenarios that would be affected are multi hit projectiles and multi hit wakeups.
What do you suggest?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I wouldn't mind having it to help with some of the 6f jabs interrupting us and on our wake-up. It has more uses.
Also imagine if it applied to super. 7 hits of armor on that thing would be amazing for no reason other than having it.

Me personally, I think double punch needs about 3% damage increase at all levels at least.
Outside of that, give charge a hit of armor naturally would be too much so just increase the amount of power venom can give us in the early stages so we don't have to do crazy for damage.

We don't need anything else except for other characters getting nerfed up. We should be fine as long as their projectiles start counting as such and they get the normalize stick.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
More armor stacks would solve almost ALL of Bane's problems. There are a lotta 2 hit moves that give Bane trouble. With 2 hits on lvl 2 venom he'd be able to disrespect: Batarangs, GL MB rockets, Flash MB Lightning Charge, DD MB Venom, Superman MB eye lasers, KF daggers, Trident Scoop, DS Quick Fire and Low Shots, NW seismos and probably others I'm forgetting.

And at lvl 3, if he got 3 stacks then, I think, we take care of all of the "not-projectiles" projectiles except GL minigun, which is kinda fair because we dick him immensely on wakeup and pretty much anywhere but full screen. And what makes it even cheaper is that many of those moves we shut down cost meter, so we get to make em burn it for free. That shit would be gdlk.

More armor stacks would solve almost ALL of Bane's problems. There are a lotta 2 hit moves that give Bane trouble. With 2 hits on lvl 2 venom he'd be able to disrespect: Batarangs, GL MB rockets, Flash MB Lightning Charge, DD MB Venom, Superman MB eye lasers, KF daggers, Trident Scoop, DS Quick Fire and Low Shots, NW seismos and probably others I'm forgetting.

And at lvl 3, if he got 3 stacks then, I think, we take care of all of the "not-projectiles" projectiles except GL minigun, which is kinda fair because we dick him immensely on wakeup and pretty much anywhere but full screen. And what makes it even cheaper is that many of those moves we shut down cost meter, so we get to make em burn it for free. That shit would be gdlk.
All these scenarios you're describing only affect charge (except trident scoop). We don't lose to those characters because of those multihit attacks in my opinion. I don't think the armor is necessary, but that's just me. It seems like it would be good, but I can't really think of that many situations where two hits of armor would have made a difference in the outcome of a match.

Fix projectiles so they are projectiles, give us some damage on DP, and improve F2.

Error

DF2+R2
9 frame f1 with less block advantage, more of a luxury than a necessity, but I think f1 is a pretty normal that deserves to be useful.

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
Has it been suggested that 1 shouldn't whiff after jd3? That and a slightly better b23 is all I want...

Error

DF2+R2
Has it been suggested that 1 shouldn't whiff after jd3? That and a slightly better b23 is all I want...
That more of an issue with it being a high hit than anything, probably only way to fix it is for 1 to hit mid, which I wouldn't mind.

Don't get me wrong though, more armor would be awesome. I'm just trying to be realistic. I think the other stuff would be more helpful and more likely to happen.

What I want them to do is to adjust the damage taken and given when Bane anti air grabs Doomsday after a Super Nova. For some reason, Bane gets hit with 7% damage and Doomsday only gets 1%? WTF is that BS about? Not to mention it's still a knockdown for DD.