• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My opinion on characters that I play.

Kung Lao

Tempest > Hat Trick > Buzzsaw

Kotal Khan

War God > Sun God > Blood God

I don't know shit about the other Alien variations. Strictly Tarkatan.

I'm sure the Kung Lao one seems weird. Imo Buzzsaw, out of all of the characters in the game, is the most removed from the meta. He has to land around 7-8 times to win in a lot of cases. Unless you land 44 or B321 clean, the variation just isn't going to cut it. Getting 10% less when you land an EX spin hurts.

Hat Trick at least can confirm for big damage with EX hat toss and jail stuff off of EX kallback to create advantageous mind games. That's pretty cool. Tempest still reigns supreme for sure.
I thought I was the only one that has Hat Trick over Buzz Saw.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
I remember you also said you placed Balanced as top tier some time ago. You said you had no time to justify why and that you would update when you can.
Here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/save-balanced-kenshi.59459/page-13
I'm still anxious to read it xD

Don't take me wrong, I'm open to hear all opinions, no matter how crazy they might sound. But don't say he's solid and surprisingly good and fly away man :D
Hi @ismael4790 .
I place Kenshi Balanced as a High Tier Character .... Definitely not a Top Tier character :D.
i remember saying that i will update more about why he is a Solid Character. but got caught up with work, i apologize for that :(.

Kenshi Balanced is Solid because of many things:

1. BF3 -- This move is Good. it puts fear in the heart of the opponent. this special move controls the match if used properly. its a good thing that this move is a High, Because it opens up a lot of opportunities to open up your opponent's defense. after your opponent starts to respect it, they'll start to crouch without block, then you can go on the offense ... you can go for the following options .. ( A ) Go for a grab. ( B ) Go near the opponent and Do a B1 into special (( DB1 )) or (( BF3 for less damage but safer )) .. ( C ) Run at your opponent and stop running before you reach them ((( make sure the distance you're stopping at is the Range of your B1 ))) and this is to get them to press buttons by making them think that you're going for a grab. ..... and many more options.

D4 cancelled into DB1 is a good tool to use against opponent who will try to poke back after D4. if they get hit by the DB1, it will lead to a good 29% - 30% Damage ... (( DB1 - run - 1 - 43 xx BF3 )) ...... At 80% to Max range of D4 xx DB1 is safe against 90% of the cast.
EDIT: can also do an Empty D4 to bait armored moves.

Kenshi Balanced has Good Meteless damage : (( 2112+4 - run - 22xx DB1 - run - 43xx BF3 .... which leads to 34% if i remember correctly. ))
EDIT: This is good against -10 and above punishes, because 2 is a 9 frame move.

Good Meterless Damage in the corner:

Kenshi Balanced is a beast if the opponent has his back in the corner ... you can go for the same mixups that i mentioned above (( Option: A, B, C )) and if kenshi lands B1xxDB1 in the corner, it will lead 40% - 42% :

* Meterless 40% : (( B1xx DB1 - F3xxDB1 - 43xx BF3 ))

* Meterless 42% : (( B1xx DB1 - F32xx DB1 - 43xx BF3 )) little harder against most of the cast.

BF3 will no be as effective without his overhead special DB4. Because it helps Kenshi Balanced have the opponent respect.

D2 is a good tool to Anti-Air opponent jumping at Kenshi, also can do a follow up BF3 for a 20% Damage.

D1 is a Good poke.

BF2 is a good spacing tool.

His EX DB1 is a good Wake-up / Reversal Move. and on Hit lead to huge damage.

His EX DB1 is a Good Anti-Air ... also for opponent crossup jumps.

His EX DB1 ... not sure what is the reason for this, but if an opponent jumps at Balanced Kenshi with ji1,2,3 or 4. the opponent seems to stop mid-air and get hit by EX DB1. which is good fo kenshi.

EDIT: most of his Special are Unbreakable moves.
* DB1 (( good against parries ))
* ex DB1 (( also good against parries ))
* BF3 & ex BF3
* BF2 & ex BF2
* DB4 & ex DB4

B1 is -1 on block .. which is good for a mid normal.

DB2 is a good anti-zoning move against most of zoners.

:coffee: @Pig Of The Hut i need you input on this ... if something is wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hi @ismael4790 .
I place Kenshi Balanced as a High Tier Character .... Definitely not a Top Tier character :D.
i remember saying that i will update more about why he is a Solid Character. but got caught up with work, i apologize for that :(.

1. BF3 -- This move is Good. it puts fear in the heart of the opponent. this special move controls the match if used properly. its a good thing that this move is a High, Because it opens up a lot of opportunities to open up your opponent's defense. after your opponent starts to respect it, they'll start to crouch without block, then you can go on the offense ... you can go for the following options .. ( A ) Go for a grab. ( B ) Go near the opponent and Do a B1 into special (( DB1 )) or (( BF3 for less damage but safer )) .. ( C ) Run at your opponent and stop running before you reach them ((( make sure the distance you're stopping at is the Range of your B1 ))) and this is to get them to press buttons by making them think that you're going for a grab. ..... and many more options.

D4 cancelled into DB1 is a good tool to use against opponent who will try to poke back after D4. if they get hit by the DB1, it will lead to a good 29% - 30% Damage ... (( DB1 - run - 1 - 43 xx BF3 )) ...... At 80% to Max range of D4 xx DB1 is safe against 90% of the cast.

Kenshi Balanced has Good Meteless damage : (( 2112+4 - run - 22xx DB1 - run - 43xx BF3 .... which leads to 34% if i remember correctly. ))

Kenshi Balanced is a beast if the opponent has his back in the corner ... you can go for the same mixups that i mentioned above (( Option: A, B, C )) and if kenshi lands B1xxDB1 in the corner, it will lead 40% - 42% :

* Meterless 42% : (( B1xx DB1 - F32xx DB1 - 43xx BF3 )) little harder against most of the cast.

BF3 will no be as effective without his overhead special DB4. Because it helps Kenshi Balanced have the opponent respect.

D2 is a good tool to Anti-Air opponent jumping at Kenshi, also can do a follow up BF3 for a 20% Damage.

D1 is a Good poke.

His EX DB1 ... not sure what is the reason for this, but if an opponent jumps at Balanced Kenshi with ji1,2,3 or 4. the opponent seems to stop mid-air and get hit by EX DB1. which is good fo kenshi.

:coffee: @Pig Of The Hut i need you input on this ... if something is wrong, please feel free to correct me.
Good write up but please Play good competition plz

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
SQ is better then both of them however BM isnt the only one with one frame links. ill take your word for her 1 frame links however BM can get a fairly easy settup that leads to an overhead low hard to blockable thats easier than SQ's 1 frame link low.
SQ's b1 wgc is no 1 Frame link and Those htb setups are not garantueed. But like I said BM could be really good if her links weren't so extremely inconsistent. Right now she only has a launching 50/50 in the corner for a bar BUT ex bug Blast has only 8 frames hit advantage so it's really hard to link 11b2. Give her ex bug blast more hit advantage and this Variation would be way better than it is right now because at the moment opening people up with 50/50's gives you no reward whatsoever

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Hi @ismael4790 .

EDIT: can also do an Empty D4 to bait armored moves.

EDIT: This is good against -10 and above punishes, because 2 is a 9 frame move.

D1 is a Good poke.

EDIT: most of his Special are Unbreakable moves.
* DB1 (( good against parries ))
* ex DB1 (( also good against parries ))
* BF3 & ex BF3
* BF2 & ex BF2
* DB4 & ex DB4

I see you as an optimistic Balanced player, it's ok :)

I think the main problem of Balanced is that he belongs to Mkx xD Being too honest in a dishonest game, makes you bottom tier.
Something is wrong when you can get punished or even vortexed to death for whiffing a 9% space control move, or punished for a push not even at close range, or not being rewarded for landing an overhead, or some ex moves having no purpose in your gameplan... the list goes on.

The thing is, if we did a list of the virtues and options of almost any other variation in the game, it will be three or four times longer than this one. And the list of their weaknesses wouldn't even be half long as the one Balanced has.

SQ's b1 wgc is no 1 Frame link and Those htb setups are not garantueed. But like I said BM could be really good if her links weren't so extremely inconsistent. Right now she only has a launching 50/50 in the corner for a bar BUT ex bug Blast has only 8 frames hit advantage so it's really hard to link 11b2. Give her ex bug blast more hit advantage and this Variation would be way better than it is right now because at the moment opening people up with 50/50's gives you no reward whatsoever
8 frame hit advantage is pretty sad but ive seen mid screen meterless 50/50s. they are very situational and pretty bad tools though u can defintely do them. she should definitely get more frames on that though to make her less situational.

Blewdew

8 frame hit advantage is pretty sad but ive seen mid screen meterless 50/50s. they are very situational and pretty bad tools though u can defintely do them. she should definitely get more frames on that though to make her less situational.
What meterless option does she have off f22 or b1 beside just ending the string?

i never said f22. if sh drops her bug than does either a djp or f34 its a low overhead. though because this requires a setup and f3 is slow i said its situational and not that great

Blewdew

Brood Mother can link F22 BBRC into 11B2.

Not sure about B1.

@Nausea
But it's super inconsistent. Pretty sure b1 won't work since it doesn't have enough hit advantage

@GodsPhoenix11 oh okay but I'm not talking about The Setup since it's Not garantueed and can be avoided easily in the neutral. On Block it doesn't work too because you can armor through the bug. It's just hard to open people up with her. F11 bbrc is nice though when you play footsies

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Good write up but please Play good competition plz
I see you as an optimistic Balanced player, it's ok :)

I think the main problem of Balanced is that he belongs to Mkx xD Being too honest in a dishonest game, makes you bottom tier.
Something is wrong when you can get punished or even vortexed to death for whiffing a 9% space control move, or punished for a push not even at close range, or not being rewarded for landing an overhead, or some ex moves having no purpose in your gameplan... the list goes on.

The thing is, if we did a list of the virtues and options of almost any other variation in the game, it will be three or four times longer than this one. And the list of their weaknesses wouldn't even be half long as the one Balanced has.
If someone knows the flaws of Balanced, he can easily get opened up and destroyed. He handles pressure pretty poorly.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
He can't open anyone one up safely, he can hit confirm (to an extent) but he can't open someone up safely midscreen like heavy weapons
Then ur doing something wrong. Fast buttons and all those plus frames. Grabs in wrestler and iagp in pumped up. Pls

I'd like to see someone do it consistently because sq's cancels are super easy compared to that link
i havent played brood mother seriously so might be wrong however f22 has the same hit stun on all variations and im pretty certain her bee cancels have the same or similiar frame data aswell. the hit stun and recovery of bee cancels wouldnt make a difference in this case either. if u tried SQs cancels im sure you'll find that there pretty equal in frames. doing them consistently is definitely insane but there are those that can because muscle memory

Blewdew

i havent played brood mother seriously so might be wrong however f22 has the same hit stun on all variations and im pretty certain her bee cancels have the same or similiar frame data aswell. the hit stun and recovery of bee cancels wouldnt make a difference in this case either. if u tried SQs cancels im sure you'll find that there pretty equal in frames. doing them consistently is definitely insane but there are those that can because muscle memory
I mained sq since july lol but no the frame data on the wasp cancels are different otherwise there would be no purpose on playing sq if bm could do the same cancels as sq

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Brood Mother's links are tighter because there's a larger window before you can cancel the bug blast, which means less time/frames to connect a followup

I mained sq since july lol but no the frame data on the wasp cancels are different otherwise there would be no purpose on playing sq if bm could do the same cancels as sq
though does that mean if u play brood mother right she can do what SQ can do but better. if her cancels are harder but can do the same thing thered be next to no reason to play SQ except for consitency