What's new

General/Other The Batgirl Appreciation Thread

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hey, so trait-wise I'm now pretty sure it's a stance switch right? Although from the trailer it doesn't seem to effect her special moves like other character's stance traits...

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Hey, so trait-wise I'm now pretty sure it's a stance switch right? Although from the trailer it doesn't seem to effect her special moves like other character's stance traits...
I'm glad that you pointed that out. If you look from what she has on her hands at the beginning of the match, then look at what she has at 1:50, they are two different things. It seems as if she switched out the claws for something that looks electric on her hands.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm glad that you pointed that out. If you look from what she has on her hands at the beginning of the match, then look at what she has at 1:50, they are two different things. It seems as if she switched out the claws for something that looks electric on her hands.
I re-watched the trailer recently specifically looking out for trait and this is the evidence I got for stance:
  • It has fast activation
  • Couldn't really tell if she had different moves... I think some of her specials remain the same?
  • It seems to last too long to be buff, and after she 'loses' it she managed to activate it again quite quickly.
  • Clash didn't get rid of it...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Oh man, stance changes? Uuuuuuugh...
Maybe not in the traditional sense I think. Her moveset doesn't seem to change all that much? Maybe it alters the damage focus of certain moves? or her speed? I dunno... it has the potential to be very interesting or rather boring.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Yeah I'm going to confirm EGGXI 's statement.

She stomps to go into her trait, then after a while she stomps to get out of the trait.

It's definitely a different stance.

Maybe not in the traditional sense I think. Her moveset doesn't seem to change all that much? Maybe it alters the damage focus of certain moves? or her speed? I dunno... it has the potential to be very interesting or rather boring.
She did move slower with her gauntlet....things out.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
GADDAYUM I HATE STANCE CHANGES, that's part of the reason why I dropped Raven.
Some characters like Raven were meant to have stance changes, along with Wonder Woman and Nightwing. It would have been weird to have only Lasso Wonder Woman or Staff-only Nightwing.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Some characters like Raven were meant to have stance changes, along with Wonder Woman and Nightwing. It would have been weird to have only Lasso Wonder Woman or Staff-only Nightwing.
It's fine to have some stance characters. Just none of the ones that I'm considering using, lol.

Ugh. I really wish DLC's came out at midnight. I could have recoreded my video ten times over now.

And they should have added that dark purple/ almost black jumpsuit as a skin for Joker from Batman Beyond Return of The Joker.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Well then I would like to hear what you would've liked for her trait to have been.

And I'm talking about Batgirl, not manface Raven.

Anyway, uh, I dunno, don't care really. Stance-changes just don't fit my playstyle.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I swear she has the rising dash (like Flash/Wonder Woman) in both stances though...
So? It's like how Wonder Woman throws her shield in one stance, then throws her tiara in the other stance.

Or where Nightwing does that stupid ground sparks thing with his like nunchucks or whatever the fuck he's holding, then the staff smash in his other stance.

There may be a small difference, but I don't think it matters too much.

It could just be a thing like Wonder Woman or Nightwing's trait, they do little animations when you switch stances too. If that's not her trait, then it has to be her teleport with the 3 followups, and I'm not sure how I feel about that yet...

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I swear she has the rising dash (like Flash/Wonder Woman) in both stances though...
She has a lot of moves that look similar to others. Even NRS knows that she isn't a unique character.

^__________________________________________________________^