What's new

General/Other The Batgirl Appreciation Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Since there are a million and one threads complaining, I would like to make one on a positive note instead. So this thread is for everyone who's willing to give Batgirl a chance, and maybe even co-main her if she ends up being good enough. No complaining and QQ'ing here -- post if you like the character or you're curious to see what she has to offer.

Also if you'd like to speculate on what her tools and playstyle might be.

NRS has a history of doing interesting things with their DLC characters -- so I'm interested to see what they pull out for Batgirl.

Mulder

King of Heroes
If I wasn't a villains guy I'd be going with a main for Batgirl. But 'cause I'm only maining villains she's becoming a often-used Secondary. :D

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Well if ever there was a place to pull up my lawn chair and start yelling at people...

...nah seriously though I hope she turns out alright, loving Lobo's move set so hopefully they don't cock this up.
It's taking up all my willpower not to talk about the claws... I should be made a green lantern for this shit

King Contradiction

Nueb Member
Lobo proves NRS can do amazing DLC for Injustice, so I have high expectations for Batgirl gameplay wise. To be honest, if her gameplay is good enough, I'll be maining her since I do seem to be a person who particularly can pick up Bat characters easily. And I'm all for a positive thread sooo lets get sum BG luv :D Ultimately, I would have preferred others, and still do, but you know what the saying is.. "if you can't beat them, join them"

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I am very happy for Batgirl's inclusion as DLC. She has been one of my favorite DC characters for the longest time. I actually liked her before I liked Batman. I cant quite remember how long I have been an advocate of Batgirl. I guess a safe estimate would be before I even got into DC. I was a Marvel fan... the only DC character I like was Batman. Everything about Batman... in fact. I think I am like that today. Either way, I never viewed Batgirl as a clone of Batman just because they shared the same name. Once I got into reading the stories and "researching" the characters. I understood that she wasn't a clone. She was special. I have loved her ever since.

I always knew she would make it in the game. I actually never had any doubts. I just conceived the innate assumption that she was in the game. Everyone thought she was a skin for Batman... I never thought this. It made me look quite ignorant. I can now appreciate that I have always remained true to my ideals. I was correct. That is why I have relentlessly defended her inclusion the moment the Brazilian Voice Cast was leaked. This can be evidenced as I was one of the very first on the forums to not only accept the list... but to embrace the list. I have never once complained about what NRS has given us (perhaps I do complain a little too much about the skins). However, how could I complain at their choices? My favorite female DC character... My favorite MK character... the Main Man... There is no way I am not appreciative of the wonderful DLC list. If by some stretch Scorpion or Zod are not in the game... there will be no complaints coming from me. I have been patronizing Midway/NRS since the beginning. I intend to keep it that way no matter what decisions they make. For better or worse.

I love all of the incarnations of Batgirl. Betty Kane for trolling. Barbara Gordon because I respect her as an icon/symbol. She is also amazing as Oracle. Cassandra Cain for being on of the most badass female characters in general. She is really everything Batman's hyperbole lives up to. Stephanie Brown was the one that always really captivated me. In general I thought she was one of the most realistic Batgirls. Barbara was a little too human. A little too vulnerable. Cassie was a titan. Stephanie just found a balance that I have come to appreciate. You could say I am a Batgirl enthusiast.

Initially... I was disappointed by her claws. At first, I thought they looked ridiculous. Batgirl never uses pincers, why did NRS possibly need to give her Wolverine claws just to add diversity to the cast? I have come to terms with it though. I now view them as Retractable Guillotines ( Scarlett). I am going to trust my favorite developers to do justice with Batgirl. I know they will not disappoint. I have thought of the Retractable Guillotines as some kind of great intellectual property of NRS. Her own personalized gadget developed specifically so she could be viewed in a different light. Hopefully it will break the negative stigma surrounding her. I can only hope that this NRS gadget helps create an even more badass Batgirl. A Batgirl everyone can not only respect... but appreciate.

The negative reception to Batgirl was staggeringly negative. I am honestly disappointed. She seems to be selling her New 52 comics quite well. She has also developed a unique fan base just because she is a Batman character. The excuse that she is a clone is ridiculous. As long as you are willing to look past the overt similarities, there is a realm of differences. My opinion on her reception is fairly biased. I am a little disgusted by the community who cares more about what character gets in, as opposed to what the play style of the character has to offer. I understand the perspective they take. It is only natural to become irritated when a suitable slot was taken by another Batman character. We have yet to see her gameplay... so we couldn't possibly know if she is a wasted slot. The salt is somewhat amusing though.

As for me? Batgirl is a definitive main. She is the only DC character aside from Batman and Nightwing that I can say I love. I will definitely pick up Batgirl day 1. It will complete my endeavors to main the Bat family. Batman was always my play style. That isn't special. He seems to connect with everyone. Nightwing however was a different case. It took some getting used to. Now he is one of my most effective mains. So I shall remain loyal to Batgirl and main her no matter the circumstances. She is and always will be my favorite character. After working so hard to convince people that she was worthy of a slot... the least I could do is uphold my end and main her. No matter her tier... no matter her play style... and no matter her appearance.

I find it surprisingly hard to speculate on what possible gadgets they may use. She uses similar gadgets to Batman... clearly NRS is trying to step away from that notion. So we might see something entirely unique. This is obviously supported by her obscure gauntlets. Either way, I am very excited to see her gameplay. I can only hope we see something completely out of the ordinary. If she follows suit with Lobo. We are in for a treat. I would love to see some electric batarangs.

I am very pleased that we have a thread of our own. One not met with hostility simply because others are not satisfied by the DLC roster selection made by NRS studios. Unfortunately most of the Batgirl threads blow up just as a way to circumvent the displeasure of having such a wonderful character in the game, so I don't see this thread going much farther than appealing to the miniscule amount of fans. Thank you for creating this thread CrimsonShadow. I am really glad the Batgirl fans have a place to have a rational discussion about Batgirl. It really means a lot to us. It is really an honor and privilege to be a part of this thread.

I sincerely apologize ahead of time for any blatant grammatical errors. It is quite late and I just typed up a life story.
TL;DR- I am so hype for Batgirl!:16Bit

Thanks for this thread Crim. Part of me wanted Batgirl since day one since she's one of my favorite Gotham crimefighters, but my hopes were dashed by Joker, Catwoman, and Bane.

Can't wait for the Barakagirl...whoops, Batgirl gameplay. Hope that we'll be getting it this week. I'm pretty disappointed with the females in this game gameplay wise (except WW) so I hope Batgirl lives up to the hype

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So how long did we have to wait from the premiere of the Lobo gameplay trailer to the day that he was actually released? Was it one week?

I'm hoping that the same applies to Batgirl. I cannot wait to get my hands on her.

.............................................giggity.

Mulder

King of Heroes
So how long did we have to wait from the premiere of the Lobo gameplay trailer to the day that he was actually released? Was it one week?

I'm hoping that the same applies to Batgirl. I cannot wait to get my hands on her.

.............................................giggity.
Speculation for her release is May 21st. But we'll see what happens.

GotOverThere

Alien Life Form
...Killing Joke pack sold separately?

What else would be in that pack besides the Joker costume (which I was assuming was the compatibility pack until I saw that)?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
...Killing Joke pack sold separately?
What else would be in that pack besides the Joker costume (which I was assuming was the compatibility pack until I saw that)?
What.. what a terrible choice for a costume pack! I mean Joker = fucking awesome skin but there is no other super-memorable costumes from that arc and I swear to god if it's another fucking batman skin! Give someone else a go ffs!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Added the video of batgirl's gameplay to the OP:

All I have to say is -- 'nuff said. I'll be picking her up.
That was amazing. She looked like a crazy combination of Sonya Blade/Jax Briggs and Spiderman from MvC3. So she is using her Retractable Guillotines as brass knuckles. It looked like her trait was possibly making them electrical. She looks great. That super is so far my favorite in the game. It is so theatrical.

The Killing Joke Joker costume is amazing. I didn't think they would actually go that far. I am very pleased. She looks like a great rush down character. So I guess adding her to Batman and Nightwing is going to be easy. This was quite relieving. I didn't know the gameplay would be out so soon. :16Bit