Ulturas

Noob
Case 2:

db2, df3, 1, 43 xx bf1 is 19% - safe
db2, df3, 2, 43 xx bf1 is 21% - safe
db2, df3, 2, db4, 4 xx db3 is 23%/24% if whiffed 43 - well timed
db2, df3, 2, db4, 43 xx bf1 is 24% - well timed

Case 1:

33% without Ex Bubble 34% with whiffing the 43 onto Geyser kick (inputs in vid description)

Case 3:

44% without damage boost 41% without jump in punch. Inputs in vid description.

Error

DF2+R2
It's punishable, I guess it depends on the character, but I've been combo'ed after a whiffed kick.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
InstantClasSiik said:
it can be punished, especially with low pokes
This.

I think it is about -11 on block up close and -9 or -8 at maximum range.

You can also bait it and let it whiff and then dash in and punish.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The new upball? :p I've seen a lot of "upballs" (NW's shoulder, Baraka's charge, Sheeva's stomp, etc.)
Not the character, it's the player. But it can be punished accordingly.

I guess I meant more when he ends a string with it or any situation where you block it. Guess I can try a poke? pretty lame punish tho heh.

Subby

Frost Warrior
If someones constantly doing that against you all the time, their doing it wrong.
Its meant to be a anti-air move.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
its probably because ONLINE SUCKS

but for the most part i can punish it with precise timing or a down poke

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
PSN guys need to stop assuming we are all on PS3 crap gamespy servers :) XBL is very playable most of the time.
BS, its the same way

Its not perfect and there are still latency issues

Xbox Live people need to stop lying to themselves, considering PSn has alot of good servers and bad ones just like XBL :)

Subby

Frost Warrior
BS, its the same way

Its not perfect and there are still latency issues

Xbox Live people need to stop lying to themselves, considering PSn has alot of good servers and bad ones just like XBL :)
I'm certainly not lying to myself when I almost NEVER lag online when I play. But who am I? Just someone who usually plays this game online.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
360 can be bad...likely just as bad as PS3 (I only play on 360, so I only have experience there). And with delay-based netcode, there's always potential for delay...never, ever assume you "never lag"...chances are the lag is there and you are just too accustomed to online to ever notice.

Geyser kick is not safe.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I play on XBL and that compared to offline is sooooooo crappy. It's just a source of endless frustration. Combos that I can always pull off when offline are almost impossible while I'm online. It seems like I have to input some combos slower and some combos faster when I'm online. It's just... stupid and throws me off when I finally get to meet up with someone and play them offline.

Subby

Frost Warrior
360 can be bad...likely just as bad as PS3 (I only play on 360, so I only have experience there). And with delay-based netcode, there's always potential for delay...never, ever assume you "never lag"...chances are the lag is there and you are just too accustomed to online to ever notice.

Geyser kick is not safe.
I press the button online and the move appears. I pull off combos online failing to drop them. When I do drop them, its because I failed to press a button.

Let me just say that my experiance with this games online is in the very small minority. I'm just telling MY experience ok? The online time I EVER had input lag was when I was in 2 little online tournies on saturday. Thats it.

Its only punishable by fast advancing specials, and you better believe I abuse it. If I use it in a blockstring its stupid to try and punish because I can just use another one. I trap I like to use is 33 geyser kick, then I make a read do they stand there? or do they do something? If they stand there I d3 geyser kick for 2 more chip damage, If you do something I do another geyser kick and you eat 12%.

You can punish it with a normal character by blocking the first geyser kick and then back dash. Once the second one whiffs you can punish it with whatever you choose. Stop being an impatient gamer and you'll see how to punish it.

Why the fuck do people feel the need to make a new thread when they wanna bitch about something? There is a general discussion thread. Some one close this shit. 90% of this forum is bullshit.

Ok maybe calling it upball was a bit drastic, I could have titled it simply "is rains geyser kick punishable?" But why not make a thread for it.