What's new

The Anti-Hype: Any Character(s) you have 0 intention on using?

Character(s) you have 0 interest in

• Total voters

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Why is Liu Kang so hard to speeellll. We've been seeing that name for the past quarter century!

Coincidentally, he is the only character in the entire awesome roster that I could not care less about.

(I probably won't touch Takeda or Kung Jin either)

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Doesn't seem like the vote is changeable? already regretting my first pass. Not that it matters all that much, heh.
Not changeable!! People must be held accountable for their actions...
No 33% on Jaxette pre reveal
To 0.5% post reveal :)

What's your change of heart and why?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Not changeable!! People must be held accountable for their actions...
No 33% on Jaxette pre reveal
To 0.5% post reveal :)

What's your change of heart and why?
I didn't mark off Sonya (because I wasn't sure bout the cassie's mom thing, voted before I read the thread lol)
I did mark off Jax, but I was remembering how I felt about Jax BEFORE MK9, when I took the poll. Then remembered kicking some ass with him when I got the PC version, and regretted my 0% interest.

Nah, I'm down for a perm record. Want to know what the follow up question is now too.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I didn't mark off Sonya (because I wasn't sure bout the cassie's mom thing, voted before I read the thread lol)
I did mark off Jax, but I was remembering how I felt about Jax BEFORE MK9, when I took the poll. Then remembered kicking some ass with him when I got the PC version, and regretted my 0% interest.

Nah, I'm down for a perm record. Want to know what the follow up question is now too.
Awwww the suspense!!!
See man, you gotta read the question first!!!
The question is a good one I promise!! Gonna have to tune in then though!!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Jax. I've never liked Jax. Especially in MK9, when every time he would do something he would have to yell "BRING IT!", "OH YEAH!", "GOTCHA!", or "HOW DO YA' LIKE THAT!".

I mean, I understand why they put him in the game. They put Cassie in, and put in both Johnny and Sonya. They put in Takeda, and put in Kenshi. They put in Kung Jin, and put in Kung Lao. So if they put in Jacqui, they might as well put in Jax. Plus he's a classic, he's been in ever since MKII.

But I dislike his moveset, his annoying taunt-shouts, and his over-all character has never really impressed me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting so Sonya, Jacqui, Ferra-Torr, Jax and Kung Jin are the least popular apparently. Interesting. Though I admit, I was never a huge fan of Jax and Sonya. Both personality wise aren't the most interesting imo. Sonya's uptight, always serious. Jax the same and very dull imo. I hope his daughter is more interesting honestly. I think most would agree they'd rather see someone like Fujin or Havik over Jax, I mean let's be honest here...

I agree with @Gamer68 I think Jax is really on in here due to his iconicness.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Interesting so Sonya, Jacqui, Ferra-Torr, Jax and Kung Jin are the least popular apparently. Interesting. Though I admit, I was never a huge fan of Jax and Sonya. Both personality wise aren't the most interesting imo. Sonya's uptight, always serious. Jax the same and very dull imo. I hope his daughter is more interesting honestly. I think most would agree they'd rather see someone like Fujin or Havik over Jax, I mean let's be honest here...

I agree with @Gamer68 I think Jax is really on in here due to his iconicness.
I find it interesting as well. While quite diverse in the anti-hype, it appears it is a chunk of classic characters. Followed closely by brand new characters.. It boggles my mind.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I find it interesting as well. While quite diverse in the anti-hype, it appears it is a chunk of classic characters. Followed closely by brand new characters.. It boggles my mind.
I think most people like the more supernatural or metahuman guys with powers, i think this has much to do with it too. Erron being an exception. Lol

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Out of the characters with gameplay, I will not be playing: Sub-Zero, Erron Black, D'Vorrah, Kung Jin, and Kitana.

Characters with no gameplay that I am just disinterested in all together(still much love to anyone reading this who plans to main these characters, no offense): Jacqui, Sonya, Jax, and Predator

Looking at the amount of Jacqui votes despite how we haven't seen her gameplay at all makes me want to throw up.

People are so dumb here sometimes.

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
So you would take your dislike on one character out on another just because they are related? Sorry, but that is beyond a terrible reason.
I'm not taking anything out on any character. I hope she's awesome, I really do. I just will not be playing her, or at least not for a very long time. A lot of characters I like and love are in this game...Jacqui just doesn't pique my interest in the shadow of the many characters I will want to learn before her. The daughter of Jax is just not interesting to me altogether. If that reason seems bad, tough luck. The only new character I find interesting is Takeda, and yes, that is even before I saw gameplay. Not saying the others are bad, but they just do not grab my attention.

I agree about the brutes. I won't be playing Goro or Ferra/Tor. Reptile and D'Vorah are also very very low on my list.

I will no doubt tinker with every single other character though to find one I like. Right now I am leaning towards KL first up just to see if he plays like he did in MK9.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Kung Jin, D'Vorah, and Reptile are the only characters I'm not super interested in playing. I'll definitely end up giving everyone a fair shot to see if I like them though.

Reptile was one of my favorite characters to play in UMK3 but I've never really touched him much outside of that. He's an awesome character but I feel like he just takes the role of a jobber all the time. Even in some of his endings he gets screwed over. Guy just can't win. Working for Kotal seems to be good for him so far in the comics. Hopefully something good finally happens to him in MKX.

D'Vorah is another interesting design and I'm loving her in the comics. Her gameplay just doesn't look interesting to me. Simple as that.

Kung Jin's costume looks kinda bland and lame to me. I'm hoping he has some good alternates. He's the only new character we haven't seen at all in the comics so that is unfortunate and on top of all that I don't really care for his gameplay. Overall I am the least interested in this guy.