What's new

The ABCs of MK9 - By Phase 3 ft. the MK Community.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I assume you made my quote just from getting rooftop day non-stop by zoners. Unbeknownst to you, I actually greatly despise that car on Street stage. I was actually the person who got Street Stage banned at UFGT 2011 (the 3rd major tournament for MK9 after PU2011 and PDP), by Keits asking what the rules should be on the SRK forums. I typed them up and used PU ruleset but I said Kratos and Street Stage should be banned. Most majors following that had the same copy pasted rules that I wrote up. I know because I spelled Kratos' Stage wrong (Krato's Stage) and all these tournaments listed it spelled like that, lol.

Just a funny coincidence. The OP is amazing as always.
Correct. It was a joke about how I assumed getting dragged to Rooftop Day made you wish it was banned due to a passing car, not unlike the Street. I didn't know you were responsible for the Street's banning though. It's awesome to hear little pieces of MK community history/trivia like that.

Can someone explain the premise behind "Jax's Gun" to me?
Well, most of the book walks this line between real problems and satirizing the community's tendency to overreact at times. Jax's Gun is just a harmless little bug so I thought it'd be amusing if the comments were the most damning. It's funny to think of people getting so bent out of shape over something so small and it definitely happens sometimes in the community. The bug itself occurs when you use Sonya's Scissor Split fatality on Jax. For some reason, his gun--presumably from MK vs DC--appears on his back and just sits there.

I read the whole thing and it brought so many flashbacks... Its not even funny, I was in the last group pic. :(
Flawless Victory was such a memorable event and I can't stress how amazing the MAK team is at what they do. That tournament experience was on par with MLG and I do not say that lightly whatsoever. Great memories.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
was it at flawless victory where nordicninja's sister tried to teach cdjr how to use chopsticks?
It might have been but part of me wants to say it was the awesome pool party they threw. In retrospect I'm really glad the power went out because everyone got to socialize more. Also Tricky Lizard, super drunk and fully dressed, sitting in the pool, was a priceless sight.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Can't wait for the injustice one.
Haha, y'know, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of it but Injustice, despite having some issues, doesn't seem to have nearly as many purely ridiculous bugs. It's hard to compare Injustice's major complaints--interactable damage, walk speed, anti-airing prior to the d2 buff--to metagame-hampering faulty programming that resulted in stuff like input bug or random advantage. With that said, who knows what people will find in Injustice as things move forward. It's certainly not an impossibility I guess.

STORMS if you don't front page this you're not my son.
I guess the results are in...

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm pretty sure Kyle split this into two posts so he could get double the likes.

#metagame
That's the thing about local scenes and training partners: they know all your dirtiest secret tech. I would've gotten away with it too...

Being able to only post 20 images at a time is totally just a coincidence. #Metagame #EmpireOfLikes

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
This might be the single funniest thing I've ever read on an FG messageboard. And that says something, being on a site where shit like this used to get posted routinely:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I've seen some of this stuff before and dammit, thanks to whoever bumped this for me to see entire thing.

Edit: god, this is hysterical. I'm glad I decided to wait to come back home before reading all that. My co-workers wouldn't appreciate a sight of me giggling like idiot while sipping a tea during break.

That awkward moment when you kind of regret that IGAU doesn't have a history this rich purely because of this masterpiece.

Last edited: