What's new

The ABCs of MK9 - By Phase 3 ft. the MK Community.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Thanks everyone, I genuinely appreciate the support and feedback. It's no coincidence that I, and many others, keep coming back to this community. In a way, the community itself is analogous to MK9; sure, we've had some problems and it might seem like a mess from an outside perspective, but all the negatives are vastly outweighed by a wealth of unique, outstanding qualities. I've been in several communities prior to this one--Smash, Marvel, Anime, etc.--and this is by far the most fun and fulfilling community in which to actually participate.

On a side note: some quotes were partially inspired by certain personalities or things I heard so it's possible there are grains of validity here and there, but I still wouldn't take most of them too seriously. It's also interesting to see which quotes ended up being favorites.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Thanks everyone, I genuinely appreciate the support and feedback. It's no coincidence that I, and many others, keep coming back to this community. In a way, the community itself is analogous to MK9; sure, we've had some problems and it might seem like a mess from an outside perspective, but all the negatives are vastly outweighed by a wealth of unique, outstanding qualities. I've been in several communities prior to this one--Smash, Marvel, Anime, etc.--and this is by far the most fun and fulfilling community in which to actually participate.

On a side note: some quotes were partially inspired by certain personalities or things I heard so it's possible there are grains of validity here and there, but I still wouldn't take most of them too seriously. It's also interesting to see which quotes ended up being favorites.
Honestly like all of the quotes seem like they were real.

You even convinced me that I had made that joke...

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Well I've never had an std lol
Haha I was really careful when assigning some of the quotes, especially that one. For that one I knew it had to be a friend I know personally with a really good sense of humor. Hopefully you're not bothered by it--if anything the fact that I was willing to put your name on it speaks to how clean I assumed you were haha. Next time I see you in person remind me to tell you a funny story about this stuff.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Haha I was really careful when assigning some of the quotes, especially that one. For that one I knew it had to be a friend I know personally with a really good sense of humor. Hopefully you're not bothered by it--if anything the fact that I was willing to put your name on it speaks to how clean I assumed you were haha. Next time I see you in person remind me to tell you a funny story about this stuff.
Haha no problem lol. I'd like to hear the story

Great job, Phase 3!

I'll have you all know, Kratos is more obnoxious than his stage. (Unless you play Kenshi, Freddy, Kitana, Smoke, Sonya, Raiden, or Scorpion)

Lok0xXxSn1per5

I'll Freeze Those Salty Tears!
I read the whole thing and it brought so many flashbacks... Its not even funny, I was in the last group pic. :(

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I assume you made my quote just from getting rooftop day non-stop by zoners. Unbeknownst to you, I actually greatly despise that car on Street stage. I was actually the person who got Street Stage banned at UFGT 2011 (the 3rd major tournament for MK9 after PU2011 and PDP), by Keits asking what the rules should be on the SRK forums. I typed them up and used PU ruleset but I said Kratos and Street Stage should be banned. Most majors following that had the same copy pasted rules that I wrote up. I know because I spelled Kratos' Stage wrong (Krato's Stage) and all these tournaments listed it spelled like that, lol.

Just a funny coincidence. The OP is amazing as always.

coolwhip

Noob
I assume you made my quote just from getting rooftop day non-stop by zoners. Unbeknownst to you, I actually greatly despise that car on Street stage. I was actually the person who got Street Stage banned at UFGT 2011 (the 3rd major tournament for MK9 after PU2011 and PDP), by Keits asking what the rules should be on the SRK forums. I typed them up and used PU ruleset but I said Kratos and Street Stage should be banned. Most majors following that had the same copy pasted rules that I wrote up. I know because I spelled Kratos' Stage wrong (Krato's Stage) and all these tournaments listed it spelled like that, lol.

Just a funny coincidence. The OP is amazing as always.
...a history of rigging at the Davis Household.