What's new

Guide "That was Speed Force" - The Flash Combo Discussion v2

BCE

Noob
i use flash because he can dodge interactables, people have to guess if i will start my strings with overhead or low and any touch will lead to 53% combo and his super in the strongest super without buffs of the game, 39%.
superman with trait does 44% and bane with venom lvl 3 54%, grundy with power buff lvl 2 44%

Because after you get used to the game having safe high low options and speed dodge will trump a lot of what IS working now.

I don't recommend having release check on... It's a barrier that will get in the way when you start moving on to more advanced techniques like kancels...

It also creates bad habits.

Having release check on actually helped me with the timing, I turned it off now and its much easier

BCE

Noob
Having release check on actually helped me with the timing, I turned it off now and its much easier
so you think the trait combo with b2 and b22f3 is kind hard ? i will give you a tip, wait the end of the animation of the LKs and press b2. like
[starter]xx[lk+mb], trait, 4 lks, WAIT the end of the animation, B2, LK, Wait the end of the animation, B22F3, uppercut - 53%

if you hold back waiting for the moment to press 2, much probably flash will make a step back and that is why this combo fails.
try this, this combo works anywhere the screen, you dont need to be "close corner" anymore

SaJa

FH_FenriR
so you think the trait combo with b2 and b22f3 is kind hard ? i will give you a tip, wait the end of the animation of the LKs and press b2. like
[starter]xx[lk+mb], trait, 4 lks, WAIT the end of the animation, B2, LK, Wait the end of the animation, B22F3, uppercut - 53%

if you hold back waiting for the moment to press 2, much probably flash will make a step back and that is why this combo fails.
try this, this combo works anywhere the screen, you dont need to be "close corner" anymore
It's much easier with a LK starter than sonic pound that's why I'm doing dash, 3x LK, b2, 2, LK, b2, 2, 3, upercut or dash, 4x LK, b2, 2, LK, 3, 2, upercut after a [starter] sonic pound MB.

Hmm... I guess it worked like training wheels. Helped you learn, but you wouldn't want to race with it on..

Exactly. I realized that after putting the motion in you had to push the light button as soon as the animation ended like BCE suggested. So I realized all I had to do was put in the full motion and button press as soon as the animation ended. It helped my execution too

its good to help =] my trait combo that works anywhere the screen is f21, lk mb, trait, lk 4x, b2, lk, b22f3 uppercut - 53%
if im right in the corner, i prefer to do trait, lk 4x, lc 2x, 32 uppercut for 50%, in the corner the float time is strange
I slightly modified your combo
I found f21, mblk trait, lkx3,b22 lk, b22f3 Lc much easier to do and it does 1% less damage. I like it because since you only do 3 kicks you have way more time to get the b22 in thus relieving the pressure of trying to squeeze in the b22f3 at the end. You never drop the combo because your enemy fell too fast you drop it because he's too high lol

Xenrail

Noob
DIS THREAD.
LEVELING UP MY FLASH AND SCORPION TONIGHT.
I LOVE YOU. should have tagged me you fiend!!!!!
Xenrail
sorry man i completely forgot. was extremely focused on just getting the thread up as soon as possible.

anyways i had time to patch and test out the game today.

+the b22f3 hurtbox did not change. i can still do 4x LK, b22 xx LK, b22f3 xx LC easily
+the frame data on a lot of strings/specials have been changed. i noticed a lot of them had their hit advantage nerfed. it's unclear whether or not the original frame data was incorrect or these changes were to compensate for the LC fix. I say fix because it was always supposed to be able to be a combo ex based on the frame data tooltip. Recovery frames, and startup were also touched
+i tried using the "otg" setup against myself and couldn't wakeup out of it. i used batman as my test subject. the only wakeup i could get out was straight grapple (the annotation popped up at the bottom near the meter to indicate i did a successful wakeup) and it got stuffed. I tried parry and slide but neither would come out. & Yes i did take a look at zyphox's video in his other thread. Button input mashing will probably work due to less input time/latency, but actual stick rotation+input is a lot harder to execute.

I'll be posting the updated frames in comparison to the old data later today

UPDATE: about "otgs." tested with superman and as long as you input in the opposite direction (crossup) wakeup will work. even if you mess up, if that character has a wakeup option with both direction inputs (df2 - rising grab & db2 - super breath) then, you'll wake up with the other special instead. characters that don't have this luxury you can punish

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Flash stylish corner carry. B2,2, LK MB, trait, F3, LK, B3, LC, LK, B22f3 LC(42%). Most corner carry and looks devastating.

Xenrail

Noob
Flash stylish corner carry. B2,2, LK MB, trait, F3, LK, B3, LC, LK, B22f3 LC(42%). Most corner carry and looks devastating.
damage is pretty bad. 42% is pretty easy with meter and no meter. i'll try it out in the lab and see if it looks cool. i'll make a category for cool looking combos if it is

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
damage is pretty bad. 42% is pretty easy with meter and no meter. i'll try it out in the lab and see if it looks cool. i'll make a category for cool looking combos if it is
Yeah its not impressive damage, but style combos are always nice.

B2,2,F3 to interactible gun on "metropolis?" stage is pretty good can get a back 3 etc. on it or trait for good damage no meter. Also it lets you get them to the corner or push them far out and it reload very very fast. Was vortexing in the area over and over with the gun and meterburn Smashes and caused some heavy rage lol with nice crossups.

What's with the parenthetical numbers used in your notation? I'm familiar with the combo notation for this game but I've never seen this before.
I think your talking about the trait combos with things like lk(5) and lc(3) that means that move times the number. So lightning Kick 5 times or lightning charge 3 times

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What are you guys doing with interactable bounce?

Right now I'm going;

f+21~interact, b+3, ji3, 32~df1

It gives about 42% from no meter and is really easy to execute.

d1 interact works on stage bounce too or 11 interact in juggles. The strongest interactibles are solitude and metropolis with juggle interacts to take advantage of b22 f3 interact.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
d1 interact works on stage bounce too or 11 interact in juggles. The strongest interactibles are solitude and metropolis with juggle interacts to take advantage of b22 f3 interact.
Yeah you can get d1~interact too and 11 interact in juggles. None of this is stance specific either from what I've tested.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
I'm having trouble linking into trait off of mb lk are there any cues I should be looking for with a buffer or is it jus a raw link?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I'm having trouble linking into trait off of mb lk are there any cues I should be looking for with a buffer or is it jus a raw link?

I've had problems too. Offline just press 4 (trait) twice.

Online press it once and hold.

All after you see or hear the MB LK.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
My thing is when I mash the 4 they are falling too far for lk to 5 hit juggle unless it launches them really high