What's new

That Tom Brady dude on the block and punish with normals game

Sazbak

Noob
Buffer might solve things but then the game might require some rebalance as well, because then you would be able to interrupt e.g. Liu's f43u3 with bigger moves.
It's easy to fix this though since you just need to narrow the gap in the string by the length of the buffer window.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
My theory as to why you have to wait longer to punish some moves (more or less blockstun) is because NRS is focused on the animations of each move and then makes the block stun to give whatever frame data they wish. In other games there's one set amount of blockstun for every move (or every hit strength) and then they tailor the recovery of the move to match that blockstun.

for example, I made up these numbers
NRS - Shao Kahn Shoulder has 15 frames of recovery and they want it -1, so it has 14 frames of blockstun
Street fighter - Ryu uppercut has 5 frames of block stun and they want it -15, so it has 10 frames of recovery

same variables, but a different relationships and priorities

Buffer would just solve the problem honestly. So many moves have rediculous fast recovery and some really long when you add online into the equation you get fools getting away with murder left and right.
buffering would definitely increase the amount of OS I don't know if we really want this.