What's new

That one game you never beat!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm sure there will be some people who have said that they have never had a game where they couldn't beat it. I technically should be among that category, but the direction and purpose of this is to specify that ONE game that made you, cry, get angry, play for hours upon hours trying to beat and would fail. Whether it be a boss or a level, or something that made you pray to god in order to accomplish and secure your victory.

My game was Quake 2 while on the hardest difficulty using the N64 console. For whatever reason, I could not beat the last level for the life of me. Since then, I haven't attempted to beat it and probably could now, but at the time I literally gave up because it was just too much. Even God of War was a cake walk compared to Quake on the hardest difficulty. Now share my fellow cry babies and don't hold back.

Edit: Also "The Lawnmower Man" for PC. There was one part where you had to crack this code and I couldn't do it. I spent a solid month and then said fuck it.

Last edited:
Donkey Kong Country (SNES).

I keep getting stuck on one of the harder Minekart levels. F* that level. You literally have a split second to react to a crap ton of different obstacles, and if you lose too many lives trying, it sends you a good 3 levels or so back to the last check point.

I had to have a friend come in and beat the level for me. So technically I still haven't beaten the game.

True Grave

Donkey Kong Country (SNES).

I keep getting stuck on one of the harder Minekart levels. F* that level. You literally have a split second to react to a crap ton of different obstacles, and if you lose too many lives trying, it sends you a good 3 levels or so back to the last check point.

I had to have a friend come in and beat the level for me. So technically I still haven't beaten the game.
I had something similar happen with Mario 64. There's one part in the haunted house that you have to wall bounce, but I couldn't figure that out for the life of me. It wasn't until my older sister's boyfriend at the time helped me. After that I 100% the game.

Justice

Noob
Final Fantasy 9. Not so much because of the game's difficulty, but because if I had to look at Steiner's empty-headed face for another second, I'd smash the game, grind it into dust and sprinkle it on my cornflakes.

Ghouls and Ghosts. Man, there ain't enough quarters on the planet to finish THAT game... Fuck you Cashcom :p

DraCuILa

Mute Jokester
Mickey Mania on Sega Genesis. The biggest problem with that game was that if u lost all ur continuations u had to start ALL THE WAY OVER, no passwords or nothing

True Grave

Final Fantasy 9. Not so much because of the game's difficulty, but because if I had to look at Steiner's empty-headed face for another second, I'd smash the game, grind it into dust and sprinkle it on my cornflakes.

Ghouls and Ghosts. Man, there ain't enough quarters on the planet to finish THAT game... Fuck you Cashcom :p
Never played FF9, but I was devastated in FF7 when I went too far and couldn't get a certail powerful spell. I can't remember what it was called.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
That ONE Scorpion star that if I have will mean I've finished STAR Labs completely where you have to finish the button mashing challenge with 10 or more seconds left. IT'S FREAKIN' IMPOSSIBLE!

True Grave

Mickey Mania on Sega Genesis. The biggest problem with that game was that if u lost all ur continuations u had to start ALL THE WAY OVER, no passwords or nothing
I remember that. I fucking loved that game when it released for SEGA. My favorite stage had the buzz saws and it had an erie feel to it.