What's new

ten characters better than johnny cage.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why are Hilde and Marvel 2 Magneto not higher on this list? Why is Marvel 3 Wolverine ahead of vanilla Marvel 3 Sentinel? Hell, Why is Marvel 2 Sentinel not on the list, when he's even worse than that? Why is Marvel 1 Wolverine on the list when Marvel 1 War Machine? Why is 3S Chun Li ahead of 3S Ken, who is arguably the best character in the game? Hell, why is Old Sagat ahead of ST Akuma, who is like the Street Fighter equivalent of Satan?

Also, probably subject to debate, but I think Unlimited Nu was a hell of a lot more retarded than Unlimited Mu. That was some SNK shit.

Oh, and you left out Ivan Ooze, who may be the most obnoxiously broken character in any fighting game. I mean, that's just fundamentally bad game design, though he wasn't meant to be playable either.

EDIT: And since I just noticed this, why is vanilla Lao on the list without bomb trap Cyrax?
Vanilla Wolvie is better than Vanilla Sent.

3S Chun is the best character in the game lol.

Altaire

Noob
Vanilla Wolvie is better than Vanilla Sent.

3S Chun is the best character in the game lol.
Dude, pre-patch Marvel 3 Sentinel was bar-none the best character in the game. It wasn't even so much that he was that ridiculous, it was just that he was the only god-tier Marvel 2 character who didn't get seriously equalized, whereas characters like Magneto and Storm were brought down to earth (and Iron Man just became absolute shit). If you're talking about post-patch, yeah, I agree Wolverine is clearly the best character, especially since he's got Akuma attached by the umbilical cord. Pre-patch, though? Not a chance. Sentinel's got that one.

3S Chun vs. 3S Ken is kind of subject to debate, I feel, but I honestly think Ken is better. He has everything.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
cage is top 5 thats why everyone uses him. jax is not top 5 or u would see everyone using him. nightwolf is not better than cage.
top 3 kung lao
cage
kabal
How many Kung Lao players do you see? You have to be really really good with KL to not get blown up at tournaments with him, he is definitely not top 3. I honestly don't even know if I would consider him top 10

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Ten characters better than Jax:

Sub Zero
Nightwolf
Jade
Sheeva
Baraka
Cage
Goro
Sindel
Freddy
Ryu

Look how good I am at making lists you guys! Here, have some more characters!

Sonya
Kung Lao
Raiden
Kabal
Kitana

IM ON A ROLL, NO ONE CAN STOP ME
I love you

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dude, pre-patch Marvel 3 Sentinel was bar-none the best character in the game. It wasn't even so much that he was that ridiculous, it was just that he was the only god-tier Marvel 2 character who didn't get seriously equalized, whereas characters like Magneto and Storm were brought down to earth (and Iron Man just became absolute shit). If you're talking about post-patch, yeah, I agree Wolverine is clearly the best character, especially since he's got Akuma attached by the umbilical cord. Pre-patch, though? Not a chance. Sentinel's got that one.

3S Chun vs. 3S Ken is kind of subject to debate, I feel, but I honestly think Ken is better. He has everything.
Sentinel was not that good. He had problems that actually lowered him a bit shortly before he got patched. After he got patched, he pretty much fell to obscurity. Wolverine took time to really figure out, but once he was, he was definitely better than Sentinel even in his prime.

3S Chun is straight up better than the entire cast. Ken is good, but he isn't bullshit. Chun is bullshit. Her normals are too good, her easy damage is absurd, parry basically offsets her defensive options, etc.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
There actually wasn't an order to my list, lul. I can't believe I forgot about Ivan Ooze, I think Power Rangers was my first fighting game and Goldar was my first main.

Altaire

Noob
There actually wasn't an order to my list, lul. I can't believe I forgot about Ivan Ooze, I think Power Rangers was my first fighting game and Goldar was my first main.
Best character ever.

When you have a final boss who can't block your attacks and STILL manages to be completely unstoppable, you know something is seriously fucked up.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Does this mean Kitana's Fans and zoning is no longer a problem for Johnny Cage so it turns into 5-5 instead of it prior being 4-6 in Kitana's favor? Johnny Cage was always good to begin with, a character so deadly up close is huge and he closes space fast. The only way to beat him is to play keep away and keep him out, Kenshi, Freddy, Sektor and Sindel seem to have the best zoning type strategy (low, high, air projectiles and defensive special moves). I wouldn't call him Top 5 but he would probably be right outside the Top 10 maybe #12-15 because certain characters have advantages in space control than he does.

Death

Noob
Does this mean Kitana's Fans and zoning is no longer a problem for Johnny Cage so it turns into 5-5 instead of it prior being 4-6 in Kitana's favor? Johnny Cage was always good to begin with, a character so deadly up close is huge and he closes space fast. The only way to beat him is to play keep away and keep him out, Kenshi, Freddy, Sektor and Sindel seem to have the best zoning type strategy (low, high, air projectiles and defensive special moves). I wouldn't call him Top 5 but he would probably be right outside the Top 10 maybe #12-15 because certain characters have advantages in space control than he does.
smh

Still not listening, I said interupt their strings with 2 1, not spin, why would you ever spin out of shit with KL when you have a standing 2 thats 7 frames, can be hit confirmed into a launcher or 21212 as a blockstring.

Sonyas strings are worse than KLs since she can be full combo punished for hers, whereas KL can ONLY be uppercutted or poked. So the arguement that low hitbox characters affect him is kinda void, since it affects other characters just as bad or worse. Especially since most characters lack mobility like KL who forces people to stand with the amount of opportunities he can jump.

Interrupting Cage blockstrings isnt an 'on paper' thing. Must just be a thing that only a few people do because it seems like most of you dont understand what I'm saying.
So youre saying that I need to hitconfirm the 2121 string... they still have the safe armor to counter that. and youre basically locked standing there if you use the 21 string, what if they cross you up?

Edit: you mentioned yourself that you can interrupt with spin... youre confusing the hell out of people.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I definitely think he is at least top 10 if not better. Cage has been blowing people up at Final Round and MLG and keep in mind the game has been out almost a year now. I can only think of a few characters that have advantage over him. Apparently he goes even with kenshi now, or at least Curbo's cage does. All he needs to do is get in one time and the round could be over. He's ridiculously good.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
cage is top 5 thats why everyone uses him. jax is not top 5 or u would see everyone using him. nightwolf is not better than cage.
top 3 kung lao
cage
kabal
lol i just read this, and i have come to a conclusion that youre either talking about vanilla mk9 or you are a strictly online player, lmao kung lao top 3. cage is used by everyone because he is one of the easiest players to play with, his entire game is based around normals.