What's new

ten characters better than johnny cage.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay so this is getting ridiculous about cage. apparently cage is broken after mlg and is now top 5.......:rolleyes:? seriously i saw so many, cage is OP comments and legit players like Big D saying he is broken. cage top 5??? HA!!!!!!!!!! its funny that cage finally gets the credit he deserves, he loves all that hate. DON'T HATE!! anyway here is ten characters that are better than johnny cage, and five more that IMO are better or are toss ups.
no particular order
1.kabal
2. kitana
3.jax
4.cyrax
5.sonya
6.freddy
7.kenshi
8.kung lao
9. raiden
10.smoke
please argue with me, i want to see any one fit johnny cage in this list, now am not saying match up wise, am saying characters that are better, obviously he beats jax 9-1 (lmao) and kung lao but here are 5 toss ups to being better than cage

11.reptile
12.sektor
13.ermac
14.mileena
15. lui kang
you can even make an arguement for nightwolf since he has great anti zoning and godlike pokes and footsies game. but there is no denying the top ten guys/girls. let me know where you think johnny cage fits on the top 15. and before you post saying he's broken and frame traps this and that, let me just let you know that you are so mind fucked from losing to cage that he makes it seem like he is frame trapping you, he only has 3 moves on block were he is at advantage, but your so scared to eat his f3 that you sit there and take chip and cry. :cool:

DON'T HATE

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
flavor of the month, that's all this is. One month people rag on one character being too good until they find something else to complain about. Wasn't it everyone hate on Sonya before all this Cage use at MLG? Before that it was, omg Smoke reset is broken ect.

Zyphox

flavor of the month, that's all this is. One month people rag on one character being too good until they find something else to complain about. Wasn't it everyone hate on Sonya before all this Cage use at MLG? Before that it was, omg Smoke reset is broken ect.
lol pretty much, we treat all this like we are 15 year old school girls with nothing better to do. i have no problem with cage, probably because he is my main and i know everything about him.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Cage isn't a top 5, that's ridiculous. Cage is a fantastic counter-pick against some of the top characters however. Cage/Jax MU favors Cage, this is why REO's been using him against CD Jr. Jax/Kabal favors Jax due to Jax's tiny hitbox. Cage is a fantastic pocket character, but you're not going to get through an entire TO with him. Dizzy will agree with this I'm sure.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No one literally means only 10 characters when they say top 10. There's too many ridiculous characters. He is probably as good if not better than half of those 10 characters though. I can see him being better than Cyrax, Kung Lao, Jax, Freddy.

What is the Cage MU chart? I mean the real one, not the old conventional wisdom were if you have a good projectile you blow JC up.

Zyphox

No one literally means only 10 characters when they say top 10. There's too many ridiculous characters. He is probably as good if not better than half of those 10 characters though. I can see him being better than Cyrax, Kung Lao, Jax, Freddy.

What is the Cage MU chart? I mean the real one, not the old conventional wisdom were if you have a good projectile you blow JC up.
5-5 for most of the cast, loses to kabal, noob, sub, freddy and kenshi 6-4, kit ermac sektor and cyrax 5.5 imo cage better kung lao?? freddy? cyrax? lmao cage beats certain characters like jax and kung lao but he is not better than them

Zyphox

look at the community match up chart and compare it to your opinions

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
5-5 for most of the cast, loses to kabal, noob, sub, freddy and kenshi 6-4, kit ermac sektor and cyrax 5.5 imo cage better kung lao?? freddy? cyrax? lmao cage beats certain characters like jax and kung lao but he is not better than them

I'm skeptical about Noob and Freddy but ok. You have 5 bad MU. How many do your top 10 have?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Cage didn't get better, peoples footsies and ability to get in did. The era of complaining about projectiles seems to have passed and certain characters appear to have been buffed. The players just got better not the characters.
This 100%. In the end its all about the player.

Zyphox

I'm skeptical about Noob and Freddy but ok. You have 5 bad MU. How many do your top 10 have?
noob upshadow and freddy nms? and best zoners that make cage work hard -= bad matchup. kit and cyrax beat him 5.5, kabal 6-4 kenshi 6-4, 5-5 smoke. sonya is imo 5.5 -4.5 but you can gt 5-5. but ex cart wheel and the second best rushdown in the game adnd can out zone him, catch him with a dive kick for 40% yeah i think 5.5

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To the OP, are you saying Smoke beats Cage or is overall a better character against the rest of the cast? If it's the latter I will agree, but Cage beats Smoke. Never had a problem out of a smoke player, never will. Also if Kitana plays really lame and zones, then asses out, she can beat cage imo. Cage can get zoned out. I don't wanna hear about the dash kick either. That takes meter and is risky because it can be punished.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
IF everyone becomes a Cage all of a sudden you're going to see all the original Subs begin to dominate. Then once people say Sub is OP his rough counter picks will be top etc.

What happens is as a popular top 8 begins to repeat itself, they appear more and more at tournaments and thus a counter pick gets developed and is thought to be OP. Truth is, Cage is very difficult to play vs Kenshi and Kabal. Hell a very good Ermac could give Cage problems.

Guys, understand the cycle please.

Zyphox

Ten characters better than Jax:

Sub Zero
Nightwolf
Jade
Sheeva
Baraka
Cage
Goro
Sindel
Freddy
Ryu

Look how good I am at making lists you guys! Here, have some more characters!

Sonya
Kung Lao
Raiden
Kabal
Kitana

IM ON A ROLL, NO ONE CAN STOP ME
come one lets be serious here now, that or stop bitchin

Zyphox

To the OP, are you saying Smoke beats Cage or is overall a better character against the rest of the cast? If it's the latter I will agree, but Cage beats Smoke. Never had a problem out of a smoke player, never will. Also if Kitana plays really lame and zones, then asses out, she can beat cage imo. Cage can get zoned out. I don't wanna hear about the dash kick either. That takes meter and is risky because it can be punished.
read carefully my friend, over better characters, not characters that cage beats