What's new

Teleport Kombat 11

kcd117

Noob
I don't know if NRS is giving more teleports or command grabs at this point. A lot of them just don't make any sense tbh.

E

Eldriken

He actually needs it.
Hahaha. Misery Blade and a teleport? Hahahaha.

He "needs" it? Elaborate on your extensive time with the game and every MU it has to offer that allowed you to come to this conclusion.

If you're being facetious...carry on. You got me. =P

I don't know if NRS is giving more teleports or command grabs at this point. A lot of them just don't make any sense tbh.
I'm the same. It's like they're saying "we need a way for this character to get in, hey what about a teleport".

Characters like Raiden (thunder god), or even Scarlet with her blood sorcery stuff, or Shinnoks/Quan Chi etc I think make sense. But why Liu or even Jade need one, even though Jade's also uses it in her Fatal Blow, doesn't really sit well for me.

Liu Kang did have his MK3 disappear and set the opponent ablaze fatality (which i quite liked), which i'm guessing they're using as inspiration for it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Most MK games have teleports, even most of the classics. The strongest form was probably UMK3/MKT. Won’t know if any specific one is a problem until we have a lot of time to test them, but the concept of teleports in MK11 is just fine, imo.

Characters with a teleport so far:
Cetrion (ability)
Kung Lao (base)
Liu Kang (ability)
Kollector (ability)
Noob (base)
Jade (ability)
Geras (ability)
Scorpion (base)
Kabal (base)
Raiden (base)
Skarlet (ability)

Depending on how presets play out, more than half of the cast we've seen so far may have a teleport. What do you think about this? Does it run contrary to the kind of game MK11 was set out to be?
Dont remember kabal having a teleport..but ok

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Out of the 11 moves listed:
-4 are unsafe attacks.
-1 is a FB that is -21, which will surely have less pushback on launch.
-6 are strictly mobility tools that don't startup too fast.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Almost every character shown so far has shown something that deters the opponent from just flooding the screen with projectiles with no repercussion.

Everything in this game is punishable if it's predicted, chucking constant obvious projectiles should be no different.
  1. Kung Lao Teleport
  2. Jax duck stance under projectiles
  3. Liu Kang Teleport
  4. Kollector Reflect
  5. Noob Teleport
  6. Cetrion Teleport
  7. Kotal Air Dive
  8. Cassie Low Shots under high projectiles
  9. Kano Air Ball
  10. Jacqui Super Jump and Air Dive Bomb
  11. Baraka Flag Rush
  12. Jade Immunity
  13. Geras Sand Trap (full projectile immunity)
  14. Scorpion Teleport
  15. Sub Zero Slide under projectiles
  16. Erron Black Slide under projectiles
  17. Raiden Teleport
  18. Skarlet Teleport
We haven't seen gameplay for 5 characters yet, but let's be real, they probably have an option too.

That'd be 23 characters from the roster that get around obvious projectile zoning.

It's the direction the game wants to take.
That's the point.

With moves that scare zoners into throwing out predictable projectiles, it creates more of a focus on footsies, the neutral game, and walking back and forth at max poke ranges like more footsie heavy games.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is a great thing.

Projectiles could still be used and zoners could still be good, but you're going to have to play very intelligently. It's not Injustice2 where a character has to walk in on Batman or Starfire chucking things at you for 12 seconds before the offensive player gets AN OPTION to do anything back to them.

MK11 is going about things differently, and honestly, I think it's an amazing choice.

Last edited:
Almost every character shown so far has shown something that deters the opponent from just flooding the screen with projectiles with no repercussion.

Everything in this game is punishable if it's predicted, chucking constant obvious projectiles should be no different.
  1. Kung Lao Teleport
  3. Liu Kang Teleport
  4. Kollector Reflect
  5. Noob Teleport
  6. Cetrion Teleport
  7. Kotal Air Dive
  9. Kano Air Ball
  11. Baraka Flag Rush
  12. Jade Immunity
  14. Scorpion Teleport
  17. Raiden Teleport
  18. Skarlet Teleport
We haven't seen gameplay for 5 characters yet, but let's be real, they probably have an option too.

That'd be 23 characters from the roster that gets around obvious projectile zoning.

That's the point.

With moves that scare zoners into throwing out predictable projectiles, it creates more of a focus on footsies, the neutral game, and walking back and forth at max poke ranges like more footsie heavy games.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is a great thing.

Projectiles could still be used and zoners could still be good, but you're going to have to play very intelligently. It's not Injustice2 where a character has to walk in on Batman or DOOMSDAY chucking things at you for 12 seconds before the offensive player gets AN OPTION to do anything back to them.

MK11 is going about things differently, and honestly, I think it's an amazing choice.
Doomsday?!?? Really?!??
DOOMSDAY?!?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Its really a meh idea, why everyone needs teleports now? my main doesn't even feel special anymore
I have never been a fan of teleports to be honest. I just really hope all of them make the user pay if the other player sees the teleport and is not whiffing something. No mindgames behind it, no bullshit. Huge mobility tools should be very unsafe.

Does anyone here has some more info on Kung lao's teleport? He used to be able to teleport aswell while he was in the air. I hope he still can. It made K. Lao's teleport stand out and uniquen to his playstyle. Especially since many more chars. have a teleport now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have no problem with it, just another option for people who hate zoners. They should use it. As long as the teleport isn't broken, I'm all for them.

Whether or not teleports are "balanced", isn't really the point. It's more about the "homogenising effect" that giving more and more characters such abilities exacerbates. In a franchise whose relative ("samey") infamy spans "palette swap ninjas" and "universals", to its shared "Amplify" input schemes and, now, teleportation abilities, more samey-ness really isn't what it needs.

Also, if the game was being pushed for its supposed "footises" (yeah, right... I believe it when I see it ), chars. zipping about the fight arena, kind of flies in the face of the implied strategy of the former play style. The "as long as they're punishable" meme really does not apply to 95%+ of non tournament players, either -- example: a few plus or minus frames, here and there, mean diddly squat online; much less, when non-professional gamers are engaging one another.

...And if people think that MK11 isn't "homogenising" the series, have a look at Liu Kang -- a lithe, Asian martial artist -- compared to any other character or any other fighting archetype, or any other race (or sex!) in the current roster, with respect to his HEIGHT!

I don't like it. I need my fighting game characters to be as individualised as possible; in terms of aesthetic and gameplay. Unless one does it for a living, video gaming is primarily a form of escapism, and I cannot 'escape' into a cookie-cutter normie char. who looks and plays like everyone else in the roster he or she is contained in.

Shao Kahn better be not be a five-foot midget with teleportation...

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Its really a meh idea, why everyone needs teleports now? my main doesn't even feel special anymore
Bitch as opposed to your teleport feeling special in MK9?

Here's the list of characters with teleports in MK9:
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Ermac
Mileena
Cyrax
Noob
Smoke
Sektor
Raiden
Sheeva
Cyber Subzero
Quan Chi
Rain
Freddy
Skarlet

Yeah Skarlet feels very special

#MK9ConfirmedTeleportK9

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

1. Kung Lao Teleport
  3. Liu Kang Teleport
  4. Kollector Reflect
  5. Noob Teleport
  6. Cetrion Teleport
  7. Kotal Air Dive
  9. Kano Air Ball
  11. Baraka Flag Rush
  12. Jade Immunity
  14. Scorpion Teleport
  17. Raiden Teleport
  18. Skarlet Teleport

That'd be 23 characters from the roster that gets around obvious projectile zoning.

That's the point.

^^^^^^^^^^
This is a great thing.

Projectiles could still be used and zoners could still be good, but you're going to have to play very intelligently. It's not Injustice2 where a character has to walk in on Batman or Doomsday chucking things at you for 12 seconds before the offensive player gets AN OPTION to do anything back to them.

FeelsJohnnyMan. :(

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You are the best in the world at what you do !!! Complimenting yourself lol
I actually like not being low IQ, it helps with simple things like video games. Imagine buying a 60$ game and then actually waiting to lab out the whole game, shits crazy right?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Hanzo "Neutral is a factor we can think about after" Hasashi

My favorite part about this list is how we've seen Kotal use his teleport in the MKX story and he still doesn't have it. Or maybe he does as a custom move and we just haven't seen it.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I don't like scorps tele. Like MK_REO said on his podcast it's really a fuck neutral tool you have to respect while closing distance. Then you have to guess whether they will amplify it or not. I'll work around it but damn it sucks.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Characters with a teleport so far:
Cetrion (ability)
Kung Lao (base)
Liu Kang (ability)
Kollector (ability)
Noob (base)
Jade (ability)
Geras (ability)
Scorpion (base)
Kabal (base)
Raiden (base)
Skarlet (ability)

Depending on how presets play out, more than half of the cast we've seen so far may have a teleport. What do you think about this? Does it run contrary to the kind of game MK11 was set out to be?
It's not a bad idea to give everyone tools that work in certain situations to make matchups less lopsided but we'll have to see how the game plays out.

You need to understand that even the highest level players need time to be able to formulate an educated opinion and with so many things to try, it will be well over a year before we can get any definitive points even at the fundamental level.

Jade only teleports if she burns meter and I have yet to be convinced that a bar is worth it when I can just glow and get in against zoning.