Kollector (ability)
Noob (base)
Jade (ability)
Geras (ability)
Scorpion (base)
Kabal (base)
Raiden (base)
Skarlet (ability)

Depending on how presets play out, more than half of the cast we've seen so far may have a teleport. What do you think about this? Does it run contrary to the kind of game MK11 was set out to be?

versus

FULL MK11 ROSTER:
Proyectile (base)

Teleports? Thanks god

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This doesn't look like an issue to me, especially considering the usual teleporters are the only ones with teleports in their base kits. It's a great addition to a lot of characters' customization options in my opinion.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
It's too soon to tell; we need to see the frame data to know for sure if teleports are broken or not.

But generally they're ok if they're high risk, high reward. Someone like Raiden or Scarlet feels ok, since they need to teleport, recover, then attack. It's also more balanced if you have to spend resources to get an instant attack (e.g., Atom in Inj2). Nothing but contempt for cheap, spammy teleports like Scorpion and Noob though; I suspect they'll be the new Supergirls of MK11.

Teleports are also inherently less OP in MK since there's a block button instead of back-to-block, so you don't have to worry about true cross-ups.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It kind of makes sense since every single character have projectiles. Besides, not every variation will have teleports unless you play casual.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
i dont like to many characters having teleports . takes the uniqueness of other characters . 30% of the rooster is enough . And no cancel teleports like in mkx . That scorpion cancel teleport was bs .

I think it's nice. A good way to avoid projectiles and get in on the opponent.
Well my thing is a character like Cetrion, who is a keepaway character with great projectiles, has low combo potential as a compromise. So if another character can simply teleport around her greatest tools, then some compromise should be given to them as well. That being said, it looks like her Aquaman rings that make her uncomboable if you teleport in may achieve just that.

i wouldn't count kabal or jade as teleporters but it does seem a bit excessief. I really dont understand why Liu kang, the master of zoning and rushdown, has one.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Scorpion's teleport was a high in MK9. High level players would d1 it on reaction. Yes... on reaction. Please reconsider. It needs to hit mid precisely because it's unsafe.

REYTHEGREAT

Well, what about characters with restands? Kabal, skarlet, baraka, I believe the kollector and cetrion have one too, even though they didn’t show it. I forget who else

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Jade doesn't directly have a teleport, she just ports in some of her moves. Or does she?!
Jade has an ability where she hits her staff on the ground and causes damage close up (maybe a low? Not sure). But if you amplify it, she teleports behind the opponent afterward (but no further attack after the teleport).