What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Even better now that the EWGF got a buff! He still as a better low game compared to the other Mishimas. Especially since they nerfed Jin's lows.
how does he play like,strings?execution lvl?kabal like?frame traps?what is he good at and what does he suck at

how does he play like,strings?execution lvl?kabal like?frame traps?what is he good at and what does he suck at
Well he has one of the best launchers in the game, his low game is better than the other Mishimas, and his pressure is good. What he lacks are fast mids, and most of his mids are unsafe.

NKZero

Noob
Now getting the EWGF 3/10 times :D. I found the trick (for me at least)...

Just do F(N) as normal then do a MK style special input by sliding DF but D should be linked immediately with 2 (maybe even commit to pressing 2 a split second before down) and it works more often than not.

So it kinda looks like this: F(N)D2F (but D slides to F so in effect it is D[D+F]F)

Still tricky and painful as hell!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Well he has one of the best launchers in the game, his low game is better than the other Mishimas, and his pressure is good. What he lacks are fast mids, and most of his mids are unsafe.
kinda balances him out... letting you "read" his EWGF and not worry so much about a fast mid instead :)
But yeah... good luck step walking this move... holy balls. The mishimas are back... and they all look good. Young Heihachi is glorious to watch.

kinda balances him out... letting you "read" his EWGF and not worry so much about a fast mid instead :)
But yeah... good luck step walking this move... holy balls. The mishimas are back... and they all look good. Young Heihachi is glorious to watch.
Heihachi doesn't have the best low game but his mids are fast with decent range. While Devil Jin has a good balance of lows and mids.

The mixup with Kaz comes from the EWGF. If you duck it you get a combo, so why not duck it right? However, any good Kaz player knows that you should mixup with the split kicks because they lead to pressure and have good advantage on block.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Finally starting to get the hang of tekken again even though i was just demoted....:(
O look, Slips is already in the top 10 on the leaderboards....:(
maaaan I was on a big win streak as a master, then I lost three times and survived a demotion risk... wtf

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
My local ran our first TTT2 Ranbat tonight. I took 4th place out of 8 people. Good times! Video should be uploaded tomorrow, I think.

I REALLY need to find a second character to complement my Forest. But man, am I ever loving this game....

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
will that monthly be having this game?
Yes, first one with TTT2 in the line-up is scheduled for Oct. 7th. I don't know what the game schedule is, but I do know that the doors open at 11 am and the first batch of games start at 12:30 PM EST.

I will actually not be at this one, because I will be at the Packers vs. Colts on that same day. If you DO go, don't expect much (if any MK) going on because only one other person showed up last month for MK. Although, my local scene here seems to be ALLLLLLL about TTT2, right now.