What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Jack is a very basic character but you will have to deal with his slow speed. I recommend Devil Jin. He is a Mishima, but he's balanced in his ability compared to the other Mishimas. For example, Kazuya has best lows, Heihachi has better mids, and Jin has the best overall range.
Eh not sure if a beginner would want to start with one of the more difficult characters to play.

Espio

Kokomo
Any Zafina or Raven players? I'm actually thinking about getting TTT2 in a couple months down the road and making them my team (trying to learn Persona 4 Arena and other stuff right now).

What I'm curious about is how do you guys like them in this game as separate characters? In other words for those that play Zafina what are their thoughts on her so far and vice versa for Raven.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
It's just getting their that's the problem. With other games it's more of a simple process of elimination, but TTT2's roster is so goddamn gigantic I don't know where to start. MK had the Story Mode and Challenge Tower that was good at both giving a decent sample of the characters as well as teaching the systems. Does TTT2 have any approximation to that? Are there certain characters that make learning the systems easier?
Give Bryan a whirl, while you're exploring. He has several awesome whiff punishing moves that are very simple to pull off and do a lot of damage.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Any Zafina or Raven players? I'm actually thinking about getting TTT2 in a couple months down the road and making them my team (trying to learn Persona 4 Arena and other stuff right now).

What I'm curious about is how do you guys like them in this game as separate characters? In other words for those that play Zafina what are their thoughts on her so far and vice versa for Raven.
m2dave is playing Zafina

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
i am
been playing this game a ton lately.. really fun but difficult... got bodied by devil jim.. lol hes too good.. houston tekken scene is the best.
getting leveled , i need to play jim to teach me some stuff

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
To really master a mishima can take years depending on your execution but you can still play them effectively with 1-2 months of practice

Refer to this for mishima mastery

i mean fundamentals,not the execution as in best of the best combos,im more than willing to sacrifice a 7-10% in damage for easier combos as long as they dont also require kabal execution for simple AAs and punishes.

will my MK fundamentals even amtter?

Crathen

Death is my business
i mean fundamentals,not the execution as in best of the best combos,im more than willing to sacrifice a 7-10% in damage for easier combos as long as they dont also require kabal execution for simple AAs and punishes.

will my MK fundamentals even amtter?
Fundamentals in fighting games are generally considered whiff punishing / punishing unsafe moves / throwbreak and spacing / movement , however there are fundamentals that belong in separate genres like 2d fighting games have anti airs while in the 3d genre there is sidestepping and knowledge of duckable strings.

That said Tekken requires a good amount of practice for advanced movement , knowing when and where to sidewalk and when to sidestep and awareness on which side you're in the screen ( many confuse left and right in the heat of a fight especially when switching sides ) , it's extremely different than playing MK , fundamentals are there but the engine is very different and needs adaptation.

When i do talk about Mishimas hard to master it's because they are monsters at spacing and punishing while still having good pressure up close but that said you have to master EWGF wich is easier said than done , you'll understand when you'll try punishing -14 moves ( EWGF is 14 frames if executed perfectly , kazuyas should be 13 iirc ) , many characters have it way easier ( like bryan has a 14 frame launcher Jet uppercut and the motion its a simple f n b2 )

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Qwark28 - I'd say Skarlet or Sektor has more Tekken-esque footsie tools than Kabal, however playing the Mishimas is just something that comes naturally once you get acquainted with the mechanics of Tekken imo. But as Crathen said, that could literally take years, I've been playing since the get go but I couldn't reliably get EWGFs down until vanilla T5, hell, I still can't on stick lol.

As for accessibility, I'd give Feng or Bruce a shot. Very solid okis and whiff punishers.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Fundamentals in fighting games are generally considered whiff punishing / punishing unsafe moves / throwbreak and spacing / movement , however there are fundamentals that belong in separate genres like 2d fighting games have anti airs while in the 3d genre there is sidestepping and knowledge of duckable strings.

That said Tekken requires a good amount of practice for advanced movement , knowing when and where to sidewalk and when to sidestep and awareness on which side you're in the screen ( many confuse left and right in the heat of a fight especially when switching sides ) , it's extremely different than playing MK , fundamentals are there but the engine is very different and needs adaptation.

When i do talk about Mishimas hard to master it's because they are monsters at spacing and punishing while still having good pressure up close but that said you have to master EWGF wich is easier said than done , you'll understand when you'll try punishing -14 moves ( EWGF is 14 frames if executed perfectly , kazuyas should be 13 iirc ) , many characters have it way easier ( like bryan has a 14 frame launcher Jet uppercut and the motion its a simple f n b2 )
Why,doesn't he have any jabs that link to launchers?Or is it distance related?

i don't care about others,i only like the mishimas and i'll put time to make it happen.

Crathen

Death is my business
Why,doesn't he have any jabs that link to launchers?Or is it distance related?

i don't care about others,i only like the mishimas and i'll put time to make it happen.
Basic jabs dont link to launchers , other jab based moves are slower than 14 frames and mostly arent natural combos or can be ducked / stepped / punished on block and havent got a forward movement.
Learning mishimas movement and punishing with them is no easy task , they require dedication and practice.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Who do you play?
I use AK on point a ton

I also use King.

Honestly, I think I just don't know what to do... and I honestly get super frustrated when fighting her. I can never tell when her stupid moves are finished.

Another thing. How do you stop people from throwing out attacks after you HIT them? I guess I don't want to mash 2,1 2,1 2,1 until I win... but It seems to be the only way :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Basic jabs dont link to launchers , other jab based moves are slower than 14 frames and mostly arent natural combos or can be ducked / stepped / punished on block and havent got a forward movement.
Learning mishimas movement and punishing with them is no easy task , they require dedication and practice.
dont care,im up for it

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I use AK on point a ton

I also use King.

Honestly, I think I just don't know what to do... and I honestly get super frustrated when fighting her. I can never tell when her stupid moves are finished.

Another thing. How do you stop people from throwing out attacks after you HIT them? I guess I don't want to mash 2,1 2,1 2,1 until I win... but It seems to be the only way :)
Ah.
FnDF2/(insert cheesy Jaguar themed pun here) fist into juggle of choice with AK, sidestep 2+4 with King (BDC if you need to create space), GG.

Alot of Lili players don't seem to use her mids either besides B1 or the overhead kick (forgot the input on it but it looks like Scorpion's F3), so if you jab into advantage and they're still trying to press buttons, it's worth checking with AK's WS F1+4 or a hopkick.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ah.
FnDF2/(insert cheesy Jaguar themed pun here) fist into juggle of choice with AK, sidestep 2+4 with King (BDC if you need to create space), GG.

Alot of Lili players don't seem to use her mids either besides B1 or the overhead kick (forgot the input on it but it looks like Scorpion's F3), so if you jab into advantage and they're still trying to press buttons, it's worth checking with AK's WS F1+4 or a hopkick.
thank you sir. wave dash back dash DU seems to work against everyone since they all want to attack as I WD in. This must be a Mishima thing.