What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
That GF was pure hype!!! When knee was down 2 games and Anakin was just round away I was literally standing up in my truck.

That whole tournament was hype and their was so many great players across the board and for once I saw more women playing then ever before. The one lady going JDCR a run for his money on Friday was just monstrous beging of hype we would see all weekend.

Glad Tekken is going strong and props to Astro for the do-nate-dough to the Tekken world tour. Especially after last year's pot of 7G's

M2Dave

Zoning Master
That GF was pure hype!!!
I have been playing Tekken and following the scene since Tekken Tag 1 and I had never seen any crowds pop off for a Tekken game as they do now. Tekken has always been considered a "snoozefest".

The commentators are also exceptional and always sell the game and the players to the audience.

I am ready for more content to be revealed at EVO this year!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I have been playing Tekken and following the scene since Tekken Tag 1 and I had never seen any crowds pop off for a Tekken game as they do now. Tekken has always been considered a "snoozefest".

The commentators are also exceptional and always sell the game and the players to the audience.

The best is when they commentate it like an actual fight. Calling out move names and calling the moments in the match as the hype increases. I think it is one of the better if not the best fighter to spectate right now.

villainous monk

I agree. I don't think I've gone more then at least 1 week without playing T7 since launch. It's honestly the most balanced and polished game I've ever played. Harada-san spent so much time and effort, years on developing this amazing game. I honestly wish other developers would take their time and craft a quality game like this.

As for commentary... They are always lit, informative, knowledgeable, hype, and just genuinely very good at it. Not to dig other commentators in ours or other communities but "some" can't hold a candle to rip, tasty Steve, markman, and even Michal Murry & even Aris.

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
That GF was pure hype!!! When knee was down 2 games and Anakin was just round away I was literally standing up in my truck.

That whole tournament was hype and their was so many great players across the board and for once I saw more women playing then ever before. The one lady going JDCR a run for his money on Friday was just monstrous beging of hype we would see all weekend.

Glad Tekken is going strong and props to Astro for the do-nate-dough to the Tekken world tour. Especially after last year's pot of 7G's
I was suporting Anakin to beat Knee...but as soon as Knee shut down that round,It was for me the lost of hope for Anakin...

villainous monk

I've been playing my whole library of fighters off on on. Y'all tell me if I'm not crazy but I absolutely love my tekken 1000 times more then any other fighter out. This game. Even then your just fooling around 4th or 5th characters online or off just forces you to get hype and bang out at your full 100%!

It's just so polished man.

man this game is just so much fun to play again. i skipped season 2, so wall bounce and the new moves are new to me. that db4,3 string with claudio is a godsent! i wish more fighting games would add new mechanics every season.

DeftMonk

Noob

tekken and snoozefest don't go together homie. Tekken 7 is dope tho thats for sure. Any NRS game ever is way more snoozefest with the batarang 40 seconds to the back wall and build meter while scarecrow walks you down or deadshot/aquaman period. Or...mk11 at all. Don't get me wrong I like the game a great deal but comparatively just can't touch the hype of gg/tekken matches for me.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Did you see ne ne the Dragon with the triple df1,4 combo on the volcano stage wall? Was sick
Yeah, I did. Moves that function like this tend to be 2 or 3-hit strings ending with roundhouse kicks or something else at the end that sends the opponent spinning in the air on normal standing hit, or something that propels them slightly off-axis or with all hits coming in fairly quick succession, like Kazuya df14, Jin 124, Heihachi 124, Mishima 122 etc