What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
They killed regular quick match, I can understand rank not being able to tell what character your playing against. In quick match though not being able to tell someones rank is just a waste of fucking time.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
There is no shortage of new players and you will def have no problem finding people to lvl up with. Welcome back to 3d!

I would check out the TZ discord to find players to lvl up with lots of newer players.
https://discord.gg/ZRfD2HP

Also the TYM T7 discord:
https://discord.gg/8qyCYKu
Awesome, and thank you! I have discord downloaded on my phone but have yet to try it out yet, guess now is the time!

@EntropicByDesign : Aw is there no crossplay? I am getting on PS4 (I don't have a gaming pc) but I I too need some kind of training partner I can level up with, it's a shame we are on different platforms :/

Plenty of gameplay related reasons to not like SFV.

First, y'all need to stop trashing LC.

Second, this breakdown covers the theme of why I stopped playing her. She feels like she doesn't really have anything besides damage and cool looking combos. BTW, TWSTL can go into back turn.
Who are you using now?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
@EntropicByDesign : I could always use an I2 training partner though if you have it on PS4 lol I am not great at the game and just started playing online a bit against real people on Saturday so I am lacking a lot of experience lol

Also I got the game, and am currently using Eliza as my main for now (Gamestop had some day 1 editions left hehe)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
PC =( I'll probably buy it on PS4 before long so I can cover both platforms and take it to work with me. Bit for now, only PC, which seems to be the best version by far technically speaking.

Red Hood dropped today in Inj2 and I've been in a crunch to find a main in that game this last week, so I've neglected t7 outside of reading and occasional videos, but now that I have DEFINITELY decided to play Catwoman and Hood, it's time to dig in to t7 properly.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
This is seriously the most fun I have ever had with a fighting game.

Just started playing against a dude that pretty much helped me learn the game from complete noob. I used to be able to win maybe 2/20 vs him for years. Now I am able to win consitantly 40% of our matches. While not amazing but being able to gauge your progress is so fucking rewarding.

And fuck asuka unblockable setups at the wall god damn lol. King is a also a beast.

Getting chickens now more often is cool as shit I'm glad they kept the mechanic.

minko

Noob
I don't know enough about Tekken to dispute any of this, but I didn't realize his punishment was considered bad.. I know he's a CH based character, but he had some crazy damage off some things from what I've seen and I guess I figured his movement with his ducking stance thing would be pretty good, making him a little tricky to keep at bay.. and really anyone loses if they get laucnhed twice (more or less). I'm not arguing with someone who knows hugely more than I do, im just trying to find answers to possible issues or problems or whatever I'll run in to.

Shrug.
I'm far from a great player, but I've been putting in a decent amount of time with Steve since the game came out and he can be quite a chore... Problem with him is - he can't quite take the offensive initiative easily, blocking high against him is such a safe option and a lot of his toolset doesn't have to be respected. Hell, you use most of the cool stuff just to be safe. His CH game is boss and he has great wall carry and some sick options at the wall tho. I think he is a lot better in longer sets since a lot of his toolset is depends on conditioning.

As for the 3 and 4 weaves - never had great success with those tools, read on discord that you should really use them with sidestep since using it alone doesnt dodge a lot of attacks. I guess you can get monster dmg off of CH 4,1,2 and 3,1,1 is a staple for his wall combos.

Immortal

Blind justice....
It was a night of fucking Kings in ranked.

My god this character is salt inducing. Fuck those BILLION setups he has into throws / tick throws / throws of knockdown. Thank God for his ass normals and pretty much no good lows so i could just rape them up close most of the time.

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Stepping Asuka right is asking to get f2'd. The scrubbier the opponent, the more chance there is of a YOLO f2. Jin is better stepped right rather than left. EWHF tracks right, fF2, ws4 and f4 have a chunky hitbox that can clip sloppy SSL when done out of forward movement. Jin's df1 is linear, the high extension tracks. Leo's df1 doesn't track to her left if I recall correctly (could have been changed), so stepping right will evade that and random df2's. Lars is almost completely free to SSR but uf3 tracks to his left (which less skilled opponents will throw out plenty) and "random" ws1 is definitely a strat any experienced Lars player will look to be doing against the rampant SSR abuse the character has to endure.

Most of the legacy characters have retained their usual tracking properties. New characters have dumb strings so it's better to stick out pokes that push back and look to backdash rather than to whore out the SS.

Last edited: