What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Since I dont really know other characters, do you know if this replaces any characters moves like it does for Paul?
Bryan loses his b1+2 punch parry since his rage attack is on that input. The changes should be temporary and only apply on rage IMO. Some characters have lost moves entirely to be replaced by rage arts, which is bullshit but I hope the rage attack additions don't remove any more moves permanently.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some characters seemed to have specific commands for it, while others had on sharing regular moves inputs.

I just hope rage art and rage attacks are both available at the same time.

On the side note, Jin's rage attack is sexy, kinda thinking what to do with it, aside from a really good whiff punish, it gives him a wall splat straight away, which means more corner bullshit. Hmmmm.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Do we know if you have to hold the first attack button to start it? Or if it's in combination with a 5th button? So that way you can save it and use rage art or the rage attack later.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ha nyuggas ain't ready for some Jin blue wall carry bullshit into wall bullshit, the best part is that he doesn't lose shit in the process, so he gets to use whenever he sees fit.

Now what happens if you get his blue bullshit airbone, or cornered already. Hmmmm.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ha nyuggas ain't ready for some Jin blue wall carry bullshit into wall bullshit, the best part is that he doesn't lose shit in the process, so he gets to use whenever he sees fit.

Now what happens if you get his blue bullshit airbone, or cornered already. Hmmmm.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
Yeah it's total bullshit, if I am not mistaken the df1+2 sabaki is already gone which is fine since the punch parry has a bigger active window, but with the potential loss of b1+2, no more punch parries of any kind. Losing all punch parry setups is not the end of the world but losing the ability to blow up certain strings and not being able to punish for example Feng's db2,2,2 by blocking the 2nd hit after getting hit by the first and standing up to parry the last hit is, as a thought alone extremely annoying.... on 2nd thought it is extremely annoying to think that now after you put yourself at somewhere between -4 and -7 people can autopilot jabs and df1's which really hurts him because Bryan has nothing to deter people from doing that, generic df2's will hit him no matter how well you time a sidestep into sidewalk when you could opt to not have to deal with either jabs, df1's or generic df2's with the parry at all in certain situations.

Edit: And nothing is more sweet than wallsplatting left hand punches with parry into mach breaker :D

2nd edit: at -4 it's still possible to, for example sidewalk left to make Lee's df1 whiff after having df2,1 blocked, but then you subject yourself to potentially getting hit by his df2. Without the parry the whole mind game of "is he gonna parry or is he not gonna parry" is gone, not really an option that can be abused but similar to something like DVJ u4 or Lars uf3, the option is still there, no matter how risky it's still something that has to be respected and can and will cause the opponent to change their poking, less jabs and df1's from the opponent = more moves with worse recovery and shorter range zero poking exchanges and more neutral game.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey

A shitload in Wonkey's Twitter.

And this is funny.

Will be the first month of fighting Gouki's online, lol.
Im done LOL
But seriously there does not seem to be any recovery on any of the fireballs or the sweep (I dont think the opponent blocked a sweep)
but the fireballs looks to have the same strength as a jab. I guess I will be practicing by sidestepping lasers :D

Wow you are on top of it huh @WidowPuppy.

Tokido for T7 EVO champion!!! It'd be hilarious if some top SF player bodied a bunch of Tekken OGs with some basic SF fundamentals.
Tokido does play Tekken, I know he was messing people up in the early days of TTT2

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The Akuma hate on Youtube comments is funny, keep in mind the Nina player obviously sucks and even if he/she didn't it's still Nina, who has limited ability outside range 1. Akuma recovers too slowly to actually be able to repeatedly do the jump back fireball, I think they'll act more as a bait or a way to cover his approach by manipulating the opponents movement depending on the frames on block and hit. Whiffing a jump back fireball right in front of the opponent will most likely force him to either just backdash into either standing or crouching block or sidestep/sidewalk block because I can think of several characters and several moves that will blow up repeated jump back fireballs severely, for example you can probably hit him out of the air if he tries to do another jump back fireball after whiffing one, Kazuya should be able to hit him out of the air with a well-timed cd3.... but then again if Akuma just ducks after air fireball then Kazuya is getting launched, but that's the mind game, and Kaz can dash f3 to blow that up etc. Launch him once, take the life lead and avoid the fireballs so he has to come to you.... However we didn't see Shoryukens or Hurricane kicks. Maybe Hurricane kick is a launch punishable power crush? Because the way I see it he has got to have a power crush to counter ill-timed punish or get-in attempts as well and not just movement.... Because every character will have buttons no matter how ballsy, unsafe or poor the risk-reward ratio is.... And if you have an advancing tailspin or some other powerful and relatively quick long range tool this crap is not gonna fly. Jin has EWHF maybe dash in b2,1 for a pick up, Devil Jin has air laser, run up f3+4, cd into iws2, fF4... Bryan has fF3, fF4, bB4, Drag has fF3, qcf1 and running 2... most characters have decent ways to deal with this I assume.

If you could just for example power crush with fF2 as Bryan on reaction to his fireballs and punish him consistently then the fireballs would be completely useless. There has to be a mix-up situation with doing nothing, power crushing, moving around or using a long range move to keep Akuma from jumping back again safely or doing much else. IMO you shouldn't be able to punish him on reaction easily so the fireballs won't become useless. My guess is Akuma won't have that many moves, especially safe long range moves as the fireballs will be his way to play footsies.

Also the game is gonna look ridiculously swaggy if you could use moves that are otherwise useless to punish or keep Akuma in check for example like Lars has that avalanche flip stance with the mid kick, punching low and throw you have to duck to break.... Or if you face some online Akuma that drops to 3 bars as soon as the game starts you could just say fuck it with King and try to go for a half screen burning knuckle :D

Things that are confirmed so far (only seen at a glance)
Paul got a new low
Bryan's punch parry is not b+1+2, no idea if its different or gone.
qcb+3 is -15 on block
Jin uf+2 CH no longer combos, just knock back
Law got a mid launcher

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Things that are confirmed so far (only seen at a glance)
Paul got a new low
Bryan's punch parry is not b+1+2, no idea if its different or gone.
qcb+3 is -15 on block
Jin uf+2 CH no longer combos, just knock back
Law got a mid launcher
Salt should be salty about Low Soccer Kick, but... It was a lttle too much like, why not [LSK]...

Looks like Shaheen got away without being nerfed
akuma's ws2 is his ws launcher
roundhouse tatsu is launch punishable
ex tatsu is a screw attack
sweep is launch punishable
he can cancel normals using 1 bar

Last edited:

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I would have rather had Bryan's qcb3 stay the same as it was in TTT2, -14 on block and only a guaranteed soccer kick on CH. Not the end of the world that it was changed to -15 but then I gotta wonder what about fF4? It's now a CH launcher, which was totally unnecessary buff as well, if they nerf it from -10 OC into at least -11 OC then that move becomes a lot less useful... In fact, I would rather have that move stay the same as it was in TTT2, but remove the CH properties. It's still 43 points of damage into a guaranteed soccer kick even on normal hit. There would be no point in trying to use his fF4 to control space that much anymore or fish for CH's because he already has 3+4 and b1 that are safe, ranged mid CH launchers and qcf1+2 for an unsafe mid move that's very hard to sidestep.

Jin's uf2 nerf was definitely warranted. You could always just not do anything and let him whiff it in your face on a read but it was still really stupid that it launched on CH and was safe.

As for Law having an extension to 3+4(?) that launches.... yeah well that just sounds like straight up bullshit. The 2nd hit has to be duckable or launch punishable for it to be fair.