What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
From context it seems like the blue glow is some sort of pre rage that either is automatic or you can activate. They showed it doing bonus damage but less depending on how much life you have remaining. If you have less you do more damage.

also as far as EX goes, Akuma looks like the only character with a traditional SF4 super meter that it seems like he can access to extend combos. I thought I might have even seen him FADC but idk for sure. Akuma is SOOOOOOO gauging for TekkenXStreetFighter

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
From context it seems like the blue glow is some sort of pre rage that either is automatic or you can activate. They showed it doing bonus damage but less depending on how much life you have remaining. If you have less you do more damage.

also as far as EX goes, Akuma looks like the only character with a traditional SF4 super meter that it seems like he can access to extend combos. I thought I might have even seen him FADC but idk for sure. Akuma is SOOOOOOO gauging for TekkenXStreetFighter
I think the blue thing might be like a EX or "forced counter hit" type thing where you use to get bigger damage/ new or different launchers/ different hit reactions. The less health = more damage thing seemed to only be for rage arts.

I know that Paul is gonna get nerfed too hard now with this new mechanic
You're not ready to eat blue deathfist combos?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Despite not being a big fan of Tekken in the past, I'm weirdly hyped for this.

Or would be, if the game was ever coming to consoles in a reasonable time frame.

New costumes are very hit or miss. Asuka, Xiao, and Paul are really good though.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Jack getting a wall splatting mid extension to debugger at rage is so fkn cheap it's not even funny, as if his wall game wasn't stupid enough... although I initially laughed my ass off to the end of that video "Oh you blocked that huh? It's cool I am at frame advantage, here, take my df3+4". Xiaoyu also seems to get a wall splatting low.

It seems like the rage attacks are really advantageous on block ( +8? +9?) and allow the user to force a mix-up, good thing they are one-shot tools and expel rage once used, I wonder if you can simply negate the post rage attack mix-up by power crushing or low crushing... maybe depending on the advantage gained and follow-ups used for the mix-up you can fuzzy guard the mix-up if the frames are "taken" instead of the opponent just dashing in your face to see which way you are blocking and screwing up your fuzzy guard timing. If you can force your opponent to simply use a low damage quick low after the blocked rage attack or just block or sidewalk in anticipation of your power crush then the risk-reward is considerably better for you rather than just guessing or fuzzy guarding between a big power low or a mid-hitting launcher. They will have blown away rage for a low poke worth less than 20 points of damage or just blocking/sidewalking in anticipation for a chance to get an i12 punish on a power crush or a whiff and a launch.... For a raged opponent it doesn't really matter if they use launch punishable moves or moves that are just ws4 or jab and i12 punishable because any damage will kill them, so I dunno, any character who gets a safer or a more damaging 50/50 with these at neutral can be pretty cheap, but I am already thinking there must be ways to not have to guess between launching 50/50's and having this game turn into Erron Blackken 7 KAPPA.

All in all it doesn't look too OP, for example Jin's EWHF-CD1 looking rage attack transitions into cds but you can clearly see Heihachi recover before Jin gets to force crouchdash 4 or fF3/cd1 mix-up, maybe if you try to hop kick Jin he can only float you with ws4 or simply sidewalk or block to bait you? Probably the best use for these rage attacks is to use them to extend combos, some seem to be high extensions that could probably be ducked on reaction/anticipation so neutral game might not be the proper time to try to apply these.... although it kinda looks character specific like Jin's seems just like a really powerful whiff punish, Paul gets away with one extra deathfist attempt without getting punished, Jack and Xiaoyu get to be extremely cheap at the wall, Gigas gets to force a Goliath mix-up for free, Heihachi's b2 gains an extension so that move becomes a pseudo advantage string, Law's dragon tail transitions into legend kick which is either a duckable high or a mid... etc.

Also note that Hei's uf3,4 goes straight into tailspin on normal hit now. If it's still +3 on block then it means no more free lows on Heihachi. They could have made uf4 go straight into tailspin on normal hit which would have made more sense honestly as it's already a tailspin and negative and not a terribly useful move. If uf3,4 is now negative or straight up unsafe then I am not really liking this change too much as I like to use uf3,4 at neutral quite a bit... But this is a huge buff anyways because it addresses the biggest problem he had which was the relatively weak WS punishment combined with shitty low crushes.