What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Am I the only one who feels like you can make a connection between a battle worn wedding dress and the phrase "fated retribution"?

That looked sick af though. Is it possible we might see more new characters or are new ones usually only for the initial release?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Earn some coins and create a Katarina dress! That's what I always do with Asuka. One outfit is always a "schoolgirl" type and one is always a dress.
Hopefully they give us some sort of feminine clothes for Leo. I don't have anything against the tomboy look but I think you should be able to go both directions with her. I was happy enough with her camo bikini in TTT2, hopefully something similar comes out for T7.

Hopefully they give us some sort of feminine clothes for Leo. I don't have anything against the tomboy look but I think you should be able to go both directions with her. I was happy enough with her camo bikini in TTT2, hopefully something similar comes out for T7.
Well T6 had loads of custom stuff compared to TTT2 so you may have hope yet.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yesssss at least now I have a character in Tekken 7, but my Nina fuckin sucks I want Anna D:

Watch Lee get added next with his Tux being all butthurt coz Nina left him at the alter lmao.

Or maybe it's related to the tekken 5 movie shooting and whatnot?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I also hope Lee makes the cut, although Shaheen has similar moves with his db2,1(?) essentially being Lee's f2,1. Random b4 can be replaced with random neutral orbital if it has good recovery like Bryan's orbital. Stupid 11 frame magic 4, slide, similar d2, generic df2 and df1, hop kick, very unsafe ws2 with good range... etc. Not identical but in terms of playstyle very similar.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I think Capos not being announced yet has to do with the removal of float and bound mechanics. Having to deal with strings into relax or handstand mix-ups without getting a float for a punish would skew the risk/reward heavily in Capos favour... making their risk/reward absolutely retarded. However if they were to be considered standing then they would be too unsafe and playing as them would be an uphill battle. They would have new options that would be safer then before like backroll into cross chop or backroll into the new, faster handspring kick.... Then there is the issue of power crushing. Hwoarang's backlash kick is an extremely powerful deterrant for dealing with power crushes, but what would you give Capos to power crush? Having a power crush from relax or handstand would be fkn stupid, but then again if they had a power crush from a standing move their stances would be less useful because you could just use a mid power crush to hit them out of their stances and not have to deal with any of their BS 50/50's or counterhit tools. Capos would also be completely free to mid hitting rage arts. Making capos not suck ass or making them not OP but balanced with the new mechanics is a huge issue... which looks like is going to be settled by excluding them altogether.... I hope :D

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Now that Nina is in I want Anna, but I can understand if there isn't space on the roster. I'd be slightly hurt, but I understand. There's only one female left who truly needs a spot on the roster.

Miss Chang, we shall patiently await your impending arrival.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I think Capos not being announced yet has to do with the removal of float and bound mechanics. Having to deal with strings into relax or handstand mix-ups without getting a float for a punish would skew the risk/reward heavily in Capos favour... making their risk/reward absolutely (soap bar in my mouth). However if they were to be considered standing then they would be too unsafe and playing as them would be an uphill battle. They would have new options that would be safer then before like backroll into cross chop or backroll into the new, faster handspring kick.... Then there is the issue of power crushing. Hwoarang's backlash kick is an extremely powerful deterrant for dealing with power crushes, but what would you give Capos to power crush? Having a power crush from relax or handstand would be fkn stupid, but then again if they had a power crush from a standing move their stances would be less useful because you could just use a mid power crush to hit them out of their stances and not have to deal with any of their BS 50/50's or counterhit tools. Capos would also be completely free to mid hitting rage arts. Making capos not suck ass or making them not OP but balanced with the new mechanics is a huge issue... which looks like is going to be settled by excluding them altogether.... I hope :D
does anyone other then laggy scrubs like the capos???? I'm generally curious