What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

trufenix

bye felicia
That's probably just more them just waiting as long as possible to rub off some of the stink of Capcom crapping all over themselves with SFxT.
I would honestly think that you'd want to get it done sooner at this point, before Capcom completely obliterates the casual Street Fighter brand with their terrible decisions on 5.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I suppose you're right, but isn't this how its always been? We've been waiting on Tekken vs Street Fighter for like 6 years now.
I created this thread August 5th, 2015, months and months after watching it played in tournaments overseas.

Then, I was lucky enough to play it for a couple of months during NYC location tests. Then it was gone.

Then the most hype announcement is a June 2017 release date.

While Tekken 7 has been alive in asia we have seen MK9 tourneys, the birth of Injustice, the death of Injustice, the rise of MKX, the upcoming fall of MKX and rise of Injustice 2 before this game releases.

Hype is dead. As dead as Grundy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
See the possibilities guys, if Eliza is the least requested char and she is in, Harada is delaying the game due the fear of lack of content.

We're getting the entire TTT2 pack of characters at best, i mean, Lei, Kuni, Julia, Ana, Jun possibly Michelle as well.

That's probably just more them just waiting as long as possible to rub off some of the stink of Capcom crapping all over themselves with SFxT.
I'm fairly sure SFxT fell out of everyone's memory years ago lol.

I'd just been quietly assuming that TxSF was never actually going to happen, but that they didn't want to come out and say that outright.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I created this thread August 5th, 2015, months and months after watching it played in tournaments overseas.

Then, I was lucky enough to play it for a couple of months during NYC location tests. Then it was gone.

While Tekken 7 has been alive in asia we have seen MK9 tourneys, the birth of Injustice, the death of Injustice, the rise of MKX, the upcoming fall of MKX and rise of Injustice 2 before this game releases.

Wait what is that time frame?

Tekken 7 came out in Japanese arcades in 2015. What is this about MK9 tourneys and the rise and fall of injustice? Injustice came out in 2013, same year as Tekken Revolution, and MK9 was dead well before that.

T7 wasn't even announced until 2014 EVO and had a couple of location tests at the ass end of that year.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait what is that time frame?

Tekken 7 came out in Japanese arcades in 2015. What is this about MK9 tourneys and the rise and fall of injustice? Injustice came out in 2013, same year as Tekken Revolution, and MK9 was dead well before that.

T7 wasn't even announced until 2014 EVO.
Oh shit haha!!! I've been waiting so long that I'm getting senile in my old age.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.

I agree. The hype died for me during the Tekken Tour. One showing in my city during a weekend I was busy and nothing since.

I'm like meh. Even though I am honestly very happy to see the resaon why. I would rather have a balanced game in my hands late and look far better and more polished in every way. Than too have a it in my hands having the same problems of almost every fighting game that has come out with absolutely disappointing reviews and half assery across the borads.

I'm not hyped but I am very very very glad Harada chose to do the right things and the hardest things a developer can do.

Give us hopefully a truely balanced and fairly honest game with glowing reviews and comments across the world.

Hope my friend. Replace hype for hope. Tekken 7 is on its way and it's not going to disappoint unlike other games which unfortunately can be labeled such without question.

It soon come. June 2nd 2017.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
It might just be me but every time they release a new trailer i get hype. The cinematic trailers for tekken have always hyped me up. The wait sux but at least we have a date.

llabslb

R1D1_998
I would prefer being a handed a more complete game rather than an incomplete pile of shit. Glad they are taking the time they need.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
She was basically their prototype Akuma/Kizumi.

She's Lili's family's vampire prisoner IRC.

Also she's comedically narcoleptic, which I love.

---

FYI: She was the winner of an official poll in which players got to vote on a new character. She like most of the entrants didn't have anything solid yet and was mostly a concept to be built off of. She was special however, in that she actually was worked on a few times going back to even before T6, but things got in the way so she was just shelved. The other enterants were:

(My favorite) a zombie bride, supposedly Miguel's sister:

A sexy Tekken Force agent:

This guy who I don't know anything about:

A guy from that 3D movie, a giant preying Mantis, a giant Salmon, a female sumo wrestler that idolizes Ganryu, some kind of girl version of Paul,
a regular old man with no gimmicks.

There was also a buff ass Pac-Man that they decided not to put into the poll at the last minute. I'm almost certain he would have fucking won:

The idea of playing as a beef'd up Pac-Man and doing brutal, devastating, bonecrushing attacks and combos while he still has that stupid face... that's a real dream right there.

Last edited:
She was basically their prototype Akuma/Kizumi.

She's Lili's family's vampire prisoner IRC.

Also she's comedically narcoleptic, which I love.

---

FYI: She was the winner of an official poll in which players got to vote on a new character. She like most of the entrants didn't have anything solid yet and was mostly a concept to be built off of. She was special however, in that she actually was worked on a few times going back to even before T6, but things got in the way so she was just shelved. The other enterants were:

(My favorite) a zombie bride, supposedly Miguel's sister:

A sexy Tekken Force agent:

This guy who I don't know anything about:

A guy from that 3D movie, a giant preying Mantis, a giant Salmon, a female sumo wrestler that idolizes Ganryu, some kind of girl version of Paul,
a regular old man with no gimmicks.

There was also a buff ass Pac-Man that they decided not to put into the poll at the last minute. I'm almost certain he would have fucking won:

The idea of playing as a beef'd up Pac-Man and doing brutal, devastating, bonecrushing attacks and combos while he still has that stupid face... that's a real dream right there.
The guy is Lars 2nd in command

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Is anyone bothered that T7 has a pre-order character, a season pass, console exclusive stuff, other DLC. They pulled off every annoying sales mechanic in one go.

I don't mind some costumes being charged for but I'll be disappointed if the characters aren't some kind of timed DLC and are actually locked behind a paywall. Especially since Harada has publicly claimed he doesn't want to sell characters.

Is anyone bothered that T7 has a pre-order character, a season pass, console exclusive stuff, other DLC. They pulled off every annoying sales mechanic in one go.

I don't mind some costumes being charged for but I'll be disappointed if the characters aren't some kind of timed DLC and are actually locked behind a paywall. Especially since Harada has publicly claimed he doesn't want to sell characters.
At this point my wallet anus has taken so much from the VGC that it doesn't care anymore at some point you have to accept that it's the norm now

I dont really care about the other stuff but Eliza is timed. I think it said that there was 2 other characters on the season pass though.

Not gonna lie, I would definitely use him.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If my friends Eliza theory is correct, that if Eliza is, everyone else, is, this is going to be the game for ages.

i'm rooting for him to be right because i want Kuni, and u guys should too, because u want Lei, Julia, Anna and the others, Except Capos, no one wants the fuckin capos.