What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Paul is widely the same from Tag 2 with two key differences to me:

b1,2 instead of being a linear bound is now a 12f tracking high natural combo knockdown. Read that again. Its really good. Also functions as his easy Screw Attack

Db+2 has a new animation and hit. Instead of the near the ground pickup palm, it is now a full rising mid elbow. Knocks down on normal hit, OTGs easily, and on CH launches and has a simple pickup of WR 3,2 into dash Phoenix Smasher.

The sidestep system change makes him much more dangerous to fight. Stepping right doesn't solve all problems anymore.
Hmm sounds good enough. Its nice to get the db+2 counter hit launch as I always get it in TTT2 but nothing else.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
If T4 was released in the modern era, where devs actually balance patch, etc, it would've been godlike. I know a lot of traditionalists back on Zaibatsu in the day hated it, but it was different and interesting, and the designers actually took a TON of risks all at once. I felt it actually paid off an made an interesting game, but I know a bunch of people didnt like it. But at least they took the risk. DR was spectacular, and without a doubt my favorite Tekken of all time, but they never evolved past it after they returned to the roots.

T4 added walls for the first time, 1+3 was a position-shifting wall push, backdash was nerfed, you could tech off of the wall, you could bait wall techs, sidestep was reworked, there were destructable environment objects, the levels were massively variable in size and shape, there were variable floor slopes that would make you adjust your combos and pokes... now that is how you take some design risks while still keeping the core game intact. It's a shame the balance ended up being so bad.

After the great return to its roots with DR, each subsequent Tekken game just added stupid new fluff like bound, or floor breaks, etc. Stuff that has zero impact on the actual game played between the two players. If anything, it's always something that just enables even more stupidly high damage, so that 2 bad reads and its the round. At least T7 has armored moves, which allows a play to make a read, which is finally a mechanic that actually impacts the game happening between the two players, and isnt just a dumb combo extending mechanic.

Can't remember @Slips stance on it but am interested to hear it.

Side note, I don't at all believe that all games are being dumbed down and made easy. There has been a demand for and revival of games that are difficult but fair. The market has clearly spoken and shown that there is a demand for these types of games. Look at Dark Souls. Go on Steam and play any of the hundreds of amazing and challenging games there. They're making their way into PSN as well, which is awesome. Games like Shovel Knight, etc, that appeal to that old school mentality.

There are also plenty of awesome, technical and deep fighting games still being made. I've been fairly obsessed with BlazBlue lately. It's beyond fun, the character designs are interesting, the movement is sick, and its deep as hell. They're still out there! =)
I loathe T4 lol.

I will say looking back I'm glad they at least took risks though. Harada just keeps rehashing the same shit. Tired of playing less fun T5: DR over and over.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I will say looking back I'm glad they at least took risks though. Harada just keeps rehashing the same shit. Tired of playing less fun T5: DR over and over.
I can appreciate that. When you look back and really see just how many risks T4 took all at the same time, it's really impressive.

And you're 100% right. We've just been getting slightly shittier and shittier DR for a long time now. Is it really any shock that MKX with its variation system or SFV with its V-Trigger system, are attractive massive audiences, while Tekken literally has the same group of core dudes who have been playing forever? Harada is slowly killing Tekken by simply rereleasing the same game over and over. Considering how much I love Tekken, it makes me sad.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese

That Bryan taunt combo was so sick!

I loathe T4 lol.

Definitely don't know how exciting having 5% of the combo potential of TTT2 is gonna be, along with nerfed oki, when oki set ups were one of my favorite things in Tekken. Now nerfed throws [Poor ling], no Capos, armor BS and a gimped roster from the previous title.

I am extremely looking forward to the solid as fuck fundamentals and an online experience that is as close as you can get to offline while chillin in your own crib. Maybe some sick new shit will be added too before 2017 when we finally get to play the game. [Fuck you Salt, lol]

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

That Bryan taunt combo was so sick!
Midway through that video I was thinking that damage got toned down then I see 40-50% combos lol. All of that was dope.

Definitely don't know how exciting having 5% of the combo potential of TTT2 is gonna be, along with nerfed oki, when oki set ups were one of my favorite things in Tekken. Now nerfed throws [Poor ling], no Capos, armor BS and a gimped roster from the previous title.
Like someone said earlier it's a sign of Tekken trying to change. I think it's one of those growing pain type things because Tekken could definitely use a boost in popularity. It just sucks that nerfing high level play is the way Namco/Harada went about it. I think we'll be seeing at least 5 more characters for the console version. I'll make my capo peace with Lucky Chloe.

[Fuck you Salt, lol]
Speaking of @SaltShaker, How's that write up coming along? I NEED info. I'm talking full character breakdowns with an rundown on notable strings, combos, and tactics. And I want match footage. cmon bruh I'm starving.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Maybe some sick new shit will be added to before 2017 when we finally get to play the game. [Fuck you Salt, lol]
My main man!!! Bryan taunt combos are life!

2017? Damn. That's a long time. It might be 2016 though so that's always good. Meanwhile I heard national online is being added to our aracade version in America as well as the customization cards. Should be able to pick out some nice outfits for Bryan and Josie as I play the locals and others across the country.

:DOGE:r:DOGE
:u :d
:DOGE:l:DOGE

I think we'll be seeing at least 5 more characters for the console version.

Speaking of @SaltShaker, How's that write up coming along? I NEED info. I'm talking full character breakdowns with an rundown on notable strings, combos, and tactics. And I want match footage. cmon bruh I'm starving.
The rumors is 8-9 characters to round the roster to 35-36 characters with a couple more being new. My guess is-

-2 more new chars
-Nina
-Julia
-Lei
-Kuma
-Mokujin
-no clue at all.

Feel very confident about all except the last spot and Lei. Last spot can be Lee, Ganryu, Roger, Wang, Miguel, Bob, who knows. No clue.

Also yea that write up is coming, I wrote some of it sitting saved in a draft. I feel like I'm 100% back in the CTF days putting quarters on the machine for next lol. Some chars will be more detailed than others from more exp. The only characters I can't write about that we haven't touched or barely touched are Alisa, Lars, and Leo. Some we played way too much (Josie vs King 100 grudge matches lol).

I'm sick so I'll be home this weekend resting for once. I'll try to drop the bomb before I shoot up on T7 again over this weekend.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Just watched. I thought my taunt cancels were good lol. If I ever pulled off that Bryan combo in a tourney I expect statues to be built in my honor.
That shit was so godlike!

As far as the release date... Even Harada himself hinted at one point that there would be second version of the game. He said something along the lines of look back at Tekken history when asked about this.

Well... If we do look back... This game's not even done. Then when it is a BR, DR, FR, TR... Something with an R version comes out, then they let that rock AGAIN in the arcade, it's not lookin good for a close console release. Even though I hope I'm wrong. :( I need T7.

https://twitter.com/numa_rz6/status/634959742150946816

That plumber crack, nom nom nom nom nom!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That shit was so godlike!

As far as the release date... Even Harada himself hinted at one point that there would be second version of the game. He said something along the lines of look back at Tekken history when asked about this.

Well... If we do look back... This game's not even done. Then when it is a BR, DR, FR, TR... Something with an R version comes out, then they let that rock AGAIN in the arcade, it's not lookin good for a close console release. Even though I hope I'm wrong. :( I need T7.

https://twitter.com/numa_rz6/status/634959742150946816

That plumber crack, nom nom nom nom nom!
If we're lucky, we'll get T7 "within months" than years. I think I read something where he said it would be months not years for it to hit consoles. Maybe we can get it while they put T7 (X?)R in the arcade kinda like T5 and T5 DR. Hopefully lol. I don't wanna go homeless blowing all my money playing T7 in the arcade lol.

Game is too epic still with the nerfs though. The footsies are still some of the best in fighters, especially when using certain characters. Hopefully the remaining cast members can spice up the roster though because other than Josie and Kazumi the rest of the new characters are very meh to me.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
If we're lucky, we'll get T7 "within months" than years. I think I read something where he said it would be months not years for it to hit consoles. Maybe we can get it while they put T7 (X?)R in the arcade kinda like T5 and T5 DR. Hopefully lol. I don't wanna go homeless blowing all my money playing T7 in the arcade lol.

Game is too epic still with the nerfs though. The footsies are still some of the best in fighters, especially when using certain characters. Hopefully the remaining cast members can spice up the roster though because other than Josie and Kazumi the rest of the new characters are very meh to me.
Even though it's not that different, I guess I'm lucky TTT2 was my first serious Tekken. But the way Tekken plays to me IMO is the best way a fighter can play. And I CANNOT WAIT for some godlike online. As far as the roster and new additions, I NEED Julia [or any Chang]. After that, yes... some sick newcomers would be interesting. Heard a while back from a pretty reliable source that there was an African character on the way, sounds cool. A lot could of changed since then with new designs along the way, we'll see.

Hope they actually get some sick new gear too as far as custom shit, seeing a lot of the old pieces is kind of upsetting. I also need that decal customization, I made some sick shit with that. Gonna miss Tekken Tunes, damn shame that "next gen" this gen's consoles are missing things [on purpose] from last gen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Even though it's not that different, I guess I'm lucky TTT2 was my first serious Tekken. But the way Tekken plays to me IMO is the best way a fighter can play. And I CANNOT WAIT for some godlike online. As far as the roster and new additions, I NEED Julia [or any Chang]. After that, yes... some sick newcomers would be interesting. Heard a while back from a pretty reliable source that there was an African character on the way, sounds cool. A lot could of changed since then with new designs along the way, we'll see.

Hope they actually get some sick new gear too as far as custom shit, seeing a lot of the old pieces is kind of upsetting. I also need that decal customization, I made some sick shit with that. Gonna miss Tekken Tunes, damn shame that "next gen" this gen's consoles are missing things [on purpose] from last gen.
If you missed T5 DR you're not lucky lol. That game my likely be the G.O.A.T. fighting game, one of them at worst. It was that good. I agree though, that's why I never left the franchise. The way it plays, the mechanics in the neutral, it is the best way a fighting game can operate. The risk reward balance is perfect. Incredibly balanced cast. Pokes/strings/combos usage. I could go on forever lol. As far as online, you already knowww! They're already working on it to make it even better than it already was. The fact that the arcade connects to the other machine through online, and they're adding it even in America makes me hype to just imagine once it hits consoles.

I heard about that character too. I hope it's true because at this point one can start to notice the lack of tans lol. No Bruce, Raven, Eddy, etc, all replaced and only Josie on a 27 character roster has some color lol. I'm normally not too big on such things but it's become noticeable. I'm definitely not big on ones like Claudio and Lucky Chloe that's for sure lol.

Supposedly we're supposed to get a ton of more new stuff and the arcade has more of the older stuff to not spoil it. Tekken 6 had the best customs in the entire series. No idea why they stripped it down for TTT2. Fingers crossed for a step back in the right direction with the customs.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
If you missed T5 DR you're not lucky lol. That game my likely be the G.O.A.T. fighting game, one of them at worst. It was that good. I agree though, that's why I never left the franchise. The way it plays, the mechanics in the neutral, it is the best way a fighting game can operate. The risk reward balance is perfect. Incredibly balanced cast. Pokes/strings/combos usage. I could go on forever lol. As far as online, you already knowww! They're already working on it to make it even better than it already was. The fact that the arcade connects to the other machine through online, and they're adding it even in America makes me hype to just imagine once it hits consoles.

I heard about that character too. I hope it's true because at this point one can start to notice the lack of tans lol. No Bruce, Raven, Eddy, etc, all replaced and only Josie on a 27 character roster has some color lol. I'm normally not too big on such things but it's become noticeable. I'm definitely not big on ones like Claudio and Lucky Chloe that's for sure lol.

Supposedly we're supposed to get a ton of more new stuff and the arcade has more of the older stuff to not spoil it. Tekken 6 had the best customs in the entire series. No idea why they stripped it down for TTT2. Fingers crossed for a step back in the right direction with the customs.
Wish I didn't miss out on T5 DR, heard it was great. Basically just meant that as old and redone as Tekken is, it's still kinda fresh to me so... T7 will still have plenty for me to learn. Wish I had the legacy skill and knew how to defend against most strings/moves etc... but I also get the fun aspect of learning new shit. That was my favorite part of playing TTT2. While people complained about it being too much to learn, I was loving every second of it and feeling like I ripped off Namco and got so much for my money, lol.

The current lack of Bruce, Eddy, Raven or any black characters is kinda like a WTF? But there's still plenty of time. I really don't give a fuck about anyone's skin color in real life or a game, but since Tekken is based on different cultures and fighters from all around the world, and some people do care, this should happen. I'm personally hoping for that supposed African character to be a fly as female with a sick ass technical [input wise] style.

Do hope they go crazy with a shitload of customization options in this one. [I only wish sometimes that they'd ditch the comical shit for dope shit] In my opinion the whole toning down the gameplay difficulty won't make much of a difference in the long run for competitive Tekken here in the US. While I do believe that adding some legit new sick gear and getting rid of the clown shit would help a lot. Also US TO's allowing customs to be used in tourney, if players had a way to upload their own with USB's or something.

Seeing the same fits that we've seen for years in the game during tournies where the gameplay also does not look that different only helps the game look like nothing has changed.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The one thing I hate about any neutral game is where there's a tactic or character with a move they'll just whip out with no real thought. I don't mean like a quick jab but things like yun's dash punch and I think t7 has it with shaheen. The benefit on hit or block far outweighs any possible punish, if there is a punish. NRS games have a ton of this. Shoutouts to superman and 2f supers.

Loadable customization with usb with be sick. But we'd probably never see that since there aren't enough usb slots. What could work though if the game loaded the complete sets. So like how the customization options go together, just load those costumes plus default and maybe be able to scroll through different colorways. I don't think that would be too much and it would give extra flair to tourneys.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
The one thing I hate about any neutral game is where there's a tactic or character with a move they'll just whip out with no real thought. I don't mean like a quick jab but things like yun's dash punch and I think t7 has it with shaheen. The benefit on hit or block far outweighs any possible punish, if there is a punish. NRS games have a ton of this. Shoutouts to superman and 2f supers.

Loadable customization with usb with be sick. But we'd probably never see that since there aren't enough usb slots. What could work though if the game loaded the complete sets. So like how the customization options go together, just load those costumes plus default and maybe be able to scroll through different colorways. I don't think that would be too much and it would give extra flair to tourneys.
Assuming and hoping any Shaheen OP shit will be balanced out over time, along with any other BS that might rear it's head.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wish I didn't miss out on T5 DR, heard it was great. Basically just meant that as old and redone as Tekken is, it's still kinda fresh to me so... T7 will still have plenty for me to learn. Wish I had the legacy skill and knew how to defend against most strings/moves etc... but I also get the fun aspect of learning new shit. That was my favorite part of playing TTT2. While people complained about it being too much to learn, I was loving every second of it and feeling like I ripped off Namco and got so much for my money, lol.

The current lack of Bruce, Eddy, Raven or any black characters is kinda like a WTF? But there's still plenty of time. I really don't give a fuck about anyone's skin color in real life or a game, but since Tekken is based on different cultures and fighters from all around the world, and some people do care, this should happen. I'm personally hoping for that supposed African character to be a fly as female with a sick ass technical [input wise] style.

Do hope they go crazy with a shitload of customization options in this one. [I only wish sometimes that they'd ditch the comical shit for dope shit] In my opinion the whole toning down the gameplay difficulty won't make much of a difference in the long run for competitive Tekken here in the US. While I do believe that adding some legit new sick gear and getting rid of the clown shit would help a lot. Also US TO's allowing customs to be used in tourney, if players had a way to upload their own with USB's or something.

Seeing the same fits that we've seen for years in the game during tournies where the gameplay also does not look that different only helps the game look like nothing has changed.
Haha yea feels like all I have to do is learn playing/defending the new chars mostly which is awesome, but it's very fun to do so. The game is deep but i agree, USA didn't use the sidestep/movement options nearly as much as Asia. I patterned my game moreso on it than straight forward play so I felt like an anomaly with my playstyle in the U.S. I've won against "better" players because I mastered my movement and defense beyond my offense in Tekken games. I'll miss that the most.

They definitely need better rep. Removing Eddy/Christie for Lucky Chloe to have some "fake fighting style" while stealing the capoeira style of Chreddy is bad lol. I can live with Marduk's vale tudo being replaced by a beast type character. If they add a new AA char I'm very curious as to what style of fighting they would give them. Better not be anything stupid lol.

I hated the goofy customs. Nothing was more ridiculous playing online against some lime green cut off shirt Jin in Orange sandals with a floating bamboo stick on his back. As long as they have more serious customs to go along with the foolishness I can deal with it, but they have to.

t7 has it with shaheen.
Shaheen is not a Tekken character. Not yet at least. Some well deserved nerfs will make him one though.

I hated the goofy customs. Nothing was more ridiculous playing online against some lime green cut off shirt Jin in Orange sandals with a floating bamboo stick on his back. As long as they have more serious customs to go along with the foolishness I can deal with it, but they have to.
This!!!!!!!!. I hate having to play against neon crap when playing online. If they did some throwback costumes then I would be all for it in tournament setting.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I'm a tekken player, played T7 at FR and unfortunately with this series for non Asian regions it's always a "waiting game" to play the new one. That said I'm loving it so far from what I've played and seen and Honestly I like the system/mechanics better than tag2. I like Tekken but Tag2 made me sour while playing a lot because I and others have experienced losing a lot to one mistake because some teams have Marvel style team damage. You don't have to be real good in tag2 to win, essentially that one launcher in rage with (x) team nets you a win or at least over half life into oki and if you tech/tag wrong right after you die. I've started in T5 and yea some things/damage output was kinda dumb but the neutral game and even the thought process was different. These days all people do it try to launch as if a lot of launchers get blocked it's a slap on the wrist compared to the output they get from hitting it. Just my opinion. I've outplayed and hit so many players so much more but they hit me once or twice and done.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Shaheen is not a Tekken character. Not yet at least. Some well deserved nerfs will make him one though.
Is there anyone else that could do with some nerfs/buffs to make them a tekken character? I know you said Jack does probably too much damage and asuka and lili just flat out suck.

This!!!!!!!!. I hate having to play against neon crap when playing online. If they did some throwback costumes then I would be all for it in tournament setting.
If I could get law's T3 start costume again . . . . That yellow "Game of Death" one. That was my shit when I was younger and found some characters had a 3rd costume.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Is there anyone else that could do with some nerfs/buffs to make them a tekken character? I know you said Jack does probably too much damage and asuka and lili just flat out suck.

If I could get law's T3 start costume again . . . . That yellow "Game of Death" one. That was my shit when I was younger and found some characters had a 3rd costume.
Jin's T4 costume.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Man, I stopped following T7 shit coz it makes me salty trying to watch footage knowing I won't be able to play it for at least another year >__<
Doesn't help that none of my mains are in it so far (well there's Drag but he was like my 5th) and the new characters aside from maybe Katarina look very meh to me.

It does look dope tho, I like that there's more focus on neutral and less insane combos, I love big combos but tag 2 just had some lulz combos with stupid damage.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Man, I stopped following T7 shit coz it makes me salty trying to watch footage knowing I won't be able to play it for at least another year >__<
Doesn't help that none of my mains are in it so far (well there's Drag but he was like my 5th) and the new characters aside from maybe Katarina look very meh to me.

It does look dope tho, I like that there's more focus on neutral and less insane combos, I love big combos but tag 2 just had some lulz combos with stupid damage.
Who do you main Truly?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm a tekken player, played T7 at FR and unfortunately with this series for non Asian regions it's always a "waiting game" to play the new one. That said I'm loving it so far from what I've played and seen and Honestly I like the system/mechanics better than tag2. I like Tekken but Tag2 made me sour while playing a lot because I and others have experienced losing a lot to one mistake because some teams have Marvel style team damage. You don't have to be real good in tag2 to win, essentially that one launcher in rage with (x) team nets you a win or at least over half life into oki and if you tech/tag wrong right after you die. I've started in T5 and yea some things/damage output was kinda dumb but the neutral game and even the thought process was different. These days all people do it try to launch as if a lot of launchers get blocked it's a slap on the wrist compared to the output they get from hitting it. Just my opinion. I've outplayed and hit so many players so much more but they hit me once or twice and done.
I agree with this. It was one of my beefs with tag. Combos into tags with walls used to do insane damage. Guess wrong on oki and death. Probably was my #1 issue with tag. It was good but there was always the ever so often "destroyed to oblivion" round.

Jack is good. Just a heavy hitter. He has a non scaling 2 hit 35% damage nerf coming, but that's more of a glitch. He's good as high is.

Shaheen is not a Tekken character. He's the person who thought buffing Shinnok should have been more buffs. Help Me called him vanilla T6 Bob the other day. I agree. I rarely call characters "broken" but he is. No way he doesn't get nerfed for console. Has it all. Guaranteed oki for 50% combos on all his launchers, safe braindead 41 11f combo starter, easier than Shinnok to use, safe combo starting mixups after blocking a string, etc 100x. Only character I would clear cut say needs nerfs. Serious nerfs.

Asuka needs something. She's pretty much bad at every aspect of the game. Either average, below average, or bad in every category.

Gigas could afford to be a little bit safer. Way too punishable right now.

Lili just sucks in this one, but it's hard to think of what to change without overbuffing so I'll leave that to the experts.

Those are the main ones that stick out the most. Chloe can stay bad and DJ can stay good due to needs of game knowledge and execution.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I agree with this. It was one of my beefs with tag. Combos into tags with walls used to do insane damage. Guess wrong on oki and death. Probably was my #1 issue with tag. It was good but there was always the ever so often "destroyed to oblivion" round.

Jack is good. Just a heavy hitter. He has a non scaling 2 hit 35% damage nerf coming, but that's more of a glitch. He's good as high is.

Shaheen is not a Tekken character. He's the person who thought buffing Shinnok should have been more buffs. Help Me called him vanilla T6 Bob the other day. I agree. I rarely call characters "broken" but he is. No way he doesn't get nerfed for console. Has it all. Guaranteed oki for 50% combos on all his launchers, safe braindead 41 11f combo starter, easier than Shinnok to use, safe combo starting mixups after blocking a string, etc 100x. Only character I would clear cut say needs nerfs. Serious nerfs.

Asuka needs something. She's pretty much bad at every aspect of the game. Either average, below average, or bad in every category.

Gigas could afford to be a little bit safer. Way too punishable right now.

Lili just sucks in this one, but it's hard to think of what to change without overbuffing so I'll leave that to the experts.

Those are the main ones that stick out the most. Chloe can stay bad and DJ can stay good due to needs of game knowledge and execution.
Every time I read "Shaheen is not a tekken character" i start laughing. I had a convo the other day with a bud who was talking about characters who are good because they play outside the norm of the game.

Good to hear that it seems like there are simple problems that most likely will be fixed. But why hate on Chloe? She''s just a girl trying to live her dreams.

How much game knowledge and execution we talking to play DJ? I don't like that reasoning because it's usually how stupid good stuff stays in a game. Then you see it more often than not because anyone who wants to do that stuff will spend time to learn it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Every time I read "Shaheen is not a tekken character" i start laughing. I had a convo the other day with a bud who was talking about characters who are good because they play outside the norm of the game.

Good to hear that it seems like there are simple problems that most likely will be fixed. But why hate on Chloe? She''s just a girl trying to live her dreams.

How much game knowledge and execution we talking to play DJ? I don't like that reasoning because it's usually how stupid good stuff stays in a game. Then you see it more often than not because anyone who wants to do that stuff will spend time to learn it.
Yea that's Shaheen in a nutshell. Stuff that belongs in the game is in his movelist lol. Horrible design decision, but I'm almost certain he'll be toned down by release so I'm not too worried. He really is that absurd though, like really really OP.

Chloe is the prime example of the type of character I hate. Replacing a character with an imaginary fighting style, specifically created to attempt to draw in fans from a certain demographic. Garbage lol.

DJ? Probably the 2nd best character in the game, but extremely hard to master due to strict timing on some combos and having to know all his moves and when to do what. I don't think he's "stupid" like Shaheen, just really strong. But yea you're right, if he had the "10min of practice mode" braindead aspect he'd likely be complained about just as much. It's like how no one complains about Jax. Him and Shaheen are way ahead of the cast in the current build.