What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
@buyacushun - Lili was my character when I played and she'll be my character in T7 if I get it. To be fair, TTT2 was at a time when I wasn't that motivated to learn a new FG and got it just to try something new. It was also at a time when I still loved MK9 and preferred to play something I was already good at. But like I said, it felt like too much to learn or maybe I just pushed myself too hard trying to learn too much too fast.

I didn't like the tag aspect, I was already learning the core game basics plus my character, but then had to learn another character and tag combos for the tag mode. I watched quite a few videos/tourney videos and even watched Rip's series for beginners. Eventually lost interest and stopped playing. T7 looks fun though and I'd like to give it a try.

Choose Lars.
Why? Easy to learn?

@buyacushun - Lili was my character when I played and she'll be my character in T7 if I get it. To be fair, TTT2 was at a time when I wasn't that motivated to learn a new FG and got it just to try something new. It was also at a time when I still loved MK9 and preferred to play something I was already good at. But like I said, it felt like too much to learn or maybe I just pushed myself too hard trying to learn too much too fast.

I didn't like the tag aspect, I was already learning the core game basics plus my character, but then had to learn another character and tag combos for the tag mode. I watched quite a few videos/tourney videos and even watched Rip's series for beginners. Eventually lost interest and stopped playing. T7 looks fun though and I'd like to give it a try.

Why? Easy to learn?
You could have used Sebastian (Lili's butler) I'm sure he has the exact same moveset, but yeah Tekken 7 would be the easiest version to get into.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Why? Easy to learn?
I don't know much but lili is considered an advanced character. Just a heads up if you feel overwhelmed trying to learn to play. I've been told the New characters' are overall easy to learn in T7 aside from josie and lucky chloe. Katarina I heard is especially simple.

@JJvercetti who do you play in tekken?

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
You could have used Sebastian (Lili's butler) I'm sure he has the exact same moveset
True. I went with Law, he was my favourite back in the old Tekken games.

I don't know much but lili is considered an advanced character. Just a heads up if you feel overwhelmed trying to learn to play. I've been told the New characters' are overall easy to learn in T7 aside from josie and lucky chloe. Katarina I heard is especially simple.
Thanks for the advice, man.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!

@JJvercetti who do you play in tekken?
Lili is not really advanced at all, she's just hard to win w/ at high level due to her tracking, being linear, short range pokes, and slow pokes. Its not as bad in T7.0 because movement is nerfed but come T7FR its back keeping op honest w/ her f+3 and bt d+3+4 homing moves. She does have good movement, oki, damage, and punishment tho. I play some lili myself but I main Julia and Raven.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Lili is not really advanced at all, she's just hard to win w/ at high level due to her tracking, being linear, short range pokes, and slow pokes. Its not as bad in T7.0 because movement is nerfed but come T7FR its back keeping op honest w/ her f+3 and bt d+3+4 homing moves. She does have good movement, oki, damage, and punishment tho. I play some lili myself but I main Julia and Raven.
To me if you have to play a certain way, especially when it's harder than usual I'll consider that advanced for learning purposes. I mean there's that and not much else in terms of a character being difficult besides stances.

Wearing an ultra-kawaii moe~ desu cat themed battle dance costume is cool in it's own right but it's not the same as beating someone the fuck up as a boxing dinosaur or a karate using bear.
True I do miss alex. Loved putting him and P.Jack (the coolest Jack) together on a team.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@Eddy Wang that was pretty cool. Almost tempts me to pick up Jin.

Until I remember my main training partner main's him and that's what I have to look forward to fighting against daily... -.-

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So I'm trash at TTT2 but had a right laugh playing Scott the Scot last night, want to ask a few things that might sound like super casual questions but I promise I'll get better at some point lol.

I think it's Eddy's B4 (or what I call The Impenetrable Fortress of Eddy when I'm just doing it over and over), and Hwoarang's B3 I think it is. How good are these moves in high level play?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So I'm trash at TTT2 but had a right laugh playing Scott the Scot last night, want to ask a few things that might sound like super casual questions but I promise I'll get better at some point lol.

I think it's Eddy's B4 (or what I call The Impenetrable Fortress of Eddy when I'm just doing it over and over), and Hwoarang's B3 I think it is. How good are these moves in high level play?
So can you use your X1 to play TTT2 online?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So can you use your X1 to play TTT2 online?
Not sure, haven't tried it yet. I'd assume you might though. I've found TTT2 can be a little laggy even offline though, I was seeing it in vs when we played on the stage with snow on the ground.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang that was pretty cool. Almost tempts me to pick up Jin.

Until I remember my main training partner main's him and that's what I have to look forward to fighting against daily... -.-
Don't need to worry that much, he got nerfed

for starters uf2 doesn't crumple stun anymore, so his neutral will be more fair with less corner carry every single time he matches a counter on guessing, now if he wants that crumple he will have to use s4 or db4, or uf3

He also doesn't get raw F4 hits on pinned characters anymore, so a lot of his hellsweep combos that could be consolidated to df4 to pin a character and do a unscaled damage from F4 to compensate the low damage was also taken out of the equation.

He also can't hit Zan 3 combos from Kirimomis on female characters too, which means he will have to change his combos according to the character

In sum, the pinned game its now a true okizeme game, which means, if you stay grounded knowing F4 will whiff, you can still eat damage from D2, and if you try to stand F4 will hit as if it was vanilla T7.

If you saw all the 7 jins, every single one of them except for kajek went from the guaranteed F4 after the pin, however Kajek had a far more interesting setup, which is wavedashing into ws12, which pins with jin much closer to D2, or apply a Oki game far more dangerous than the guaranteed.

My guess is, Harada is probably trying to force Jin mains to implement each others styles to have a better jin, so nerfing those are the way to go, still i think making UF2 jab punishable would still be much better than removing the crumple stun, it removed such an important part of his offense, but in return he got some low crushing moves i can't remember now too.

btw guys, who was your favorite? Mine is always orange, but after seeing them all, i can place Kajek above Shudy, and knee above Amigo.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It's at a&c it's downtown toronto lol we're usually there mondays (currently we're just playing ttt2 offline atm) so far the only appearance of t7 is actually canada cup
Yeah i have to try and make it out there. @HoneyBee told me to come down last year but at the time I just moved to Waterloo. But I'll most definitely be down to come there and show off my magnificent scrubby eye shuting ways.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
To me if you have to play a certain way, especially when it's harder than usual I'll consider that advanced for learning purposes. I mean there's that and not much else in terms of a character being difficult besides stances.

True I do miss alex. Loved putting him and P.Jack (the coolest Jack) together on a team.
I don't think you got my point, also majority of the characters are played a certain way depending on their tools. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125509 as shown here, she, alisa, feng, bob, bruce, etc are pretty easy to pickup along w/ some of the newer T7 chars. It pretty much gives a summary of each characters pros/cons, playstyle, and ease of use. Majority of the advanced chars to learn are stance based or Mishima.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't think you got my point, also majority of the characters are played a certain way depending on their tools. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=125509 as shown here, she, alisa, feng, bob, bruce, etc are pretty easy to pickup along w/ some of the newer T7 chars. It pretty much gives a summary of each characters pros/cons, playstyle, and ease of use. Majority of the advanced chars to learn are stance based or Mishima.
I got your point saying you don't feel she's advanced. My point was with lili being focused on movement and whiff punishing she'll take longer to learn than a simpler character where you could just focus on the buttons. Also, why I explained to someone else to just learn some good attacks, strings, and combos first. Then worry about movement, MUs, tracking, etc. My statement wasn't about Lili just relative to the whole roster. But that she needs extra work in a certain aspect of the game. So a person learning could have an easier time playing someone with a more general game plan.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I got your point saying you don't feel she's advanced. My point was with lili being focused on movement and whiff punishing she'll take longer to learn than a simpler character where you could just focus on the buttons. Also, why I explained to someone else to just learn some good attacks, strings, and combos first. Then worry about movement, MUs, tracking, etc. My statement wasn't about Lili just relative to the whole roster. But that she needs extra work in a certain aspect of the game. So a person learning could have an easier time playing someone with a more general game plan.
But you don't need that early on to start playing her, she has relatively safe mids, decent lows, block punishment for i10-14 from standing/ws, safe high/low crushes, safe homing, and a backsway that you can learn other aspects of the game from. I understand what you're saying but you learn how to effectively ss/sw/bdc w/ any character except maybe the larger chars. She just has good movement from having the best ss/sw meaning she rewards the player more when they eventually start learning how to move after as you said focusing on good pokes, strings, and juggles (her juggles are also easy to learn for beginners) ex: tag 2 launch, 1,2, f+1+2 b! d/f+3+4,3+4; t7 launch, 1,2, d+2,2,3 s! d/f+3+4,3+4. As they get better they learn to start using her movement as keepout, as her keepout attacks aren't necessarily the greatest.

Not sure, haven't tried it yet. I'd assume you might though. I've found TTT2 can be a little laggy even offline though, I was seeing it in vs when we played on the stage with snow on the ground.
TTT2 is kinda laggy on the 360 due to the game being based on the PS3 hardware. I wonder if the backwards compatibility will make it better?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
But you don't need that early on to start playing her, she has relatively safe mids, decent lows, block punishment for i10-14 from standing/ws
Just this part is all I would concern a beginner with. Maybe except actual frame punishes. But if that stuff is relatively easy for her then I guess someone could pick her up. I always heard she relied on all the other stuff and that could take time for someone to learn even if they played othwr fighters.