What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
OMG!!!! IS IT REALLY HAPPENING????

Sources! I need sources!!!

Links! Articles! Vids! Anything?

Give me sources for Tekken 7 Fated retribution!

villainous monk

Wish the Dave and Busters here in Toronto had the cabinet for Tekken 7.

I hope they'll release a beta and a I aslo wish they'll be a few tournaments up here that'll have the Tekken 7 cabinets to put my hands on.

They better look at how Streetfighter released their incomplete game and dlcs and don't make the same mistakes and have a really good beta ready for us to try out so it won't have the launch problems that both sfv & MKX had.

I'm too excited for this. This game looks hella tight.

We need more true 3D games like the Soul series, Virtua Fighter and my wet dreams of anorther Streetfighter EX game.

But Tekken 7 Fated retribution will quench my thirst.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

I hope they'll release a beta and a I aslo wish they'll be a few tournaments up here that'll have the Tekken 7 cabinets to put my hands on.

They better look at how Streetfighter released their incomplete game and dlcs and don't make the same mistakes and have a really good beta ready for us to try out so it won't have the launch problems that both sfv & MKX had.

We need more true 3D games like the Soul series, Virtua Fighter and my wet dreams of anorther Streetfighter EX game.

I doubt they'll do betas/demos.

The netcode has always been good. At least from T6 and on. But I read they're doing an odd thing with actual in game frames but I hope it won't mess with the game.

Tekken hasn't ever had a paid DLC aside from past game soundtracks so you could play the songs in place of the TTT2 OST. And you could just out whatever song was on your hard drive anyways so you didn't even need to pay for it.

Characters are free. Harada's personal philosophy on them. You'll have enough costume making content to feel . . . Content.

I feel like souls 6 has to be coming up in 3 ish years if TxSF doesn't come out.

Doubt we'll see another Virtua Fighter for a while.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending

the fuck, you're from toronto???? we have a big 3d scene here lol also canada cup is going to have t7

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Really? I had fine matches. Are you NA or EU?
NA. Perhaps you are a younger lad and don't have clearer memories about how the online worked(because you were a wee lad then) but t6 is straight up one of the worst netcodes of all time.

Every other game was like this:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
NA. Perhaps you are a younger lad and don't have clearer memories about how the online worked(because you were a wee lad then) but t6 is straight up one of the worst netcodes of all time.

I remember that happening against people with bad connections or uber long distances. Playing someone with good connection at reasonable range played fine for me all throughout T6BR. Could play sets hours long with no issues on good connections. Wasn't TTT2 godlike, but it was very solid.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

That would definitely happen if I played with poor connection. But I definitely had smooth gameplay. Like @SaltShaker, had to be a bit more selective back then.

villainous monk

the fuck, you're from toronto???? we have a big 3d scene here lol also canada cup is going to have t7
Lol. Yeah man I live in Waterloo though but I'm city side almost every weekend.

Yeah I checked out the net and found that Canada Cup will have it so I'm hyped about that. I was aslo going to ask a friend in Woodbridge to check out the Dave and Busters out in Vaughan for me to see if they ever had it. I went as far has Pacific Mall yo.

Where's the scene at?

villainous monk

I doubt they'll do betas/demos.

The netcode has always been good. At least from T6 and on. But I read they're doing an odd thing with actual in game frames but I hope it won't mess with the game.

Tekken hasn't ever had a paid DLC aside from past game soundtracks so you could play the songs in place of the TTT2 OST. And you could just out whatever song was on your hard drive anyways so you didn't even need to pay for it.

Characters are free. Harada's personal philosophy on them. You'll have enough costume making content to feel . . . Content.

I feel like souls 6 has to be coming up in 3 ish years if TxSF doesn't come out.

Doubt we'll see another Virtua Fighter for a while.
Yes. Most of this I know but it feels good getting told this too. I feel at peace. We can finally play a grown up game. I'm listening to City after dark tekken 6 soundtrack taping my fingers on my leg to a Fury combo.

Can't wait for Tekken 7.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Lol. Yeah man I live in Waterloo though but I'm city side almost every weekend.

Yeah I checked out the net and found that Canada Cup will have it so I'm hyped about that. I was aslo going to ask a friend in Woodbridge to check out the Dave and Busters out in Vaughan for me to see if they ever had it. I went as far has Pacific Mall yo.

Where's the scene at?
It's at a&c it's downtown toronto lol we're usually there mondays (currently we're just playing ttt2 offline atm) so far the only appearance of t7 is actually canada cup

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I hope T7 is fairly easy to get into, I found TTT2 a little overwhelming and eventually lost interest. I'm kinda fed up with NRS games and want to try something different.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yes. Most of this I know but it feels good getting told this too. I feel at peace. We can finally play a grown up game. I'm listening to City after dark tekken 6 soundtrack taping my fingers on my leg to a Fury combo.

Can't wait for Tekken 7.
That's the T6 rooftop stage right? That track was nice. Stage too.

I hope T7 is fairly easy to get into, I found TTT2 a little overwhelming and eventually lost interest. I'm kinda fed up with NRS games and want to try something different.
My tip for anyone, especially if you got heavy into a fighting game before, is to not worry about all the intricacies of the game. Pick a simple character you like. Go through the move lost at least once. It can look big but most of it is listing every hit in a 7 hit string for instance. So even though it says 100 moves it's more like 60. And even then you don't need every single attack. Pay attention to launchers, bound moves, and some good damage enders for different positions on stage. Find some decent pressure pokes. (You can look online for all that. But it's good to at least be half familiar with your character's abilities) then just play a bit trying to get a hang for blocking and pressuring. You'll beat the average Joe you come across. Once attacking feels simple to you, then you move on to things like movement and correct game punishes.

I always believed people take on too much of Tekken at one time. Get a feel of the game first and just try to enjoy it. You can get by just remember a few lows and mids to poke/launch with and 2-4 combos you can always do.