What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's a shame about Asuka, hope they improve her. Josie... Cancels... More technical than Bruce you say... I'm in there! Lili garbage? You mean broken or bad? Awesome write up though, thanks for that.

I NEED a Chang!
Yea no doubt man.

Josie is hellaaaa fun to play and blows up turtles. Like for the more cancels example, remember Bruce's DF31, the sweep into uppercut? Well hers is DF32, but after the 3 she can now cancel it into the lunging low kick or the dash cancel pop up elbow, or into a dash cancel grab, or into 1 for the hit or free block pressure. It's too fast to poke out the pop up elbow on reaction and impossible to poke out the low lunge kick. That's just one example of strings she cancel that Bruce couldn't. She'll be harder to "master" than Bruce was because she takes a little more skill to use set up wise and execution wise, but damn the potential is endless! Definitely my co main with Bryan.

Lili is garbage as in bad, possibly the worst in the game level bad. Couldn't be any happier lol. Also yea I need Julia back. One of my fav characters. Michelle in Tekken 1 was my original first main when I was mashing lol. In T5 DR she was part of my dynamic trio in my prime. She betterrrrrr be coming back.

Poor Jinpachi...at least Gigas looks hype.
My friend is going to try Gigas on Friday and over the weekend. I'll drop another rundown after.

Bro you gotta try out my boy yoshimitsu. If you have the time
You don't see Yoshi's often lol. My Tekken partner main'd Yoshi and King in T5 DR. I'll tell him to use Yoshi over the weekend and give some feedback. I wouldn't have an idea what to do with him lol.

I'm always so torn but I'll prolly stick with my boy steve.
Yea Steve is really good. He's always towards the top of characters I use. In TTT2 Bryan and either Bruce or Steve was my team depending on MU. Can't go wrong with Steve in T7. As bulldog as ever.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yea no doubt man.

Josie is hellaaaa fun to play and blows up turtles. Like for the more cancels example, remember Bruce's DF31, the sweep into uppercut? Well hers is DF32, but after the 3 she can now cancel it into the lunging low kick or the dash cancel pop up elbow, or into a dash cancel grab, or into 1 for the hit or free block pressure. It's too fast to poke out the pop up elbow on reaction and impossible to poke out the low lunge kick. That's just one example of strings she cancel that Bruce couldn't. She'll be harder to "master" than Bruce was because she takes a little more skill to use set up wise and execution wise, but damn the potential is endless! Definitely my co main with Bryan.

Lili is garbage as in bad, possibly the worst in the game level bad. Couldn't be any happier lol. Also yea I need Julia back. One of my fav characters. Michelle in Tekken 1 was my original first main when I was mashing lol. In T5 DR she was part of my dynamic trio in my prime. She betterrrrrr be coming back.

My friend is going to try Gigas on Friday and over the weekend. I'll drop another rundown after.

You don't see Yoshi's often lol. My Tekken partner main'd Yoshi and King in T5 DR. I'll tell him to use Yoshi over the weekend and give some feedback. I wouldn't have an idea what to do with him lol.

Yea Steve is really good. He's always towards the top of characters I use. In TTT2 Bryan and either Bruce or Steve was my team depending on MU. Can't go wrong with Steve in T7. As bulldog as ever.
Super hyped about Josie [Already familiar with Bruce, had him on some teams in TTT2], Does she have his command throws, or anything that would require a 1+2 break from the 3,2~F Dash? How many CG's does she have, and does she have Bruce's side switching one or his Chain CG's?

Lili garbage huh, damn. Wonder if her sidestep/walk is still godly, I know SS has been toned down. Oh well, we'll see how she turns out in the final version.

I know a Chang will be available when I get my hands on this so, it looks like so far... It's whatever Chang as my main, and Josie as my secondary.

-Steve. If it wasn't for my new found Josie, Steve would be getting his usual #2 spot. Just as good as ever. Combos are a little diff, and for what it's worth he feels "easier" on the execution in this game for his BnB's. 112 can duck cancel now. With the changed oki system FF2 is a killer on grounded opponents. Overall, Steve is still Steve.

-Lily. Laughable garbage. So garbage that when you see someone pick her you should begin to laugh.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Super hyped about Josie [Already familiar with Bruce, had him on some teams in TTT2], Does she have his command throws, or anything that would require a 1+2 break from the 3,2~F Dash? How many CG's does she have, and does she have Bruce's side switching one or his Chain CG's?

Lili garbage huh, damn. Wonder if her sidestep/walk is still godly, I know SS has been toned down. Oh well, we'll see how she turns out in the final version.

I know a Chang will be available when I get my hands on this so, it looks like so far... It's whatever Chang as my main, and Josie as my secondary.
Yea at first when I saw Josie I was like "meh, bring back Bruce". Now I'm like "Josie what took you so long to arrive?!" lol.

She doesn't have the chain grabs that Bruce had but she has one that avoids the easy escape with a 1+2 one. It's FF3+4. Much better to use that one as the grab in her cancel mixups because regular grabs are way too easy to escape now. Her side switching grab is super easy to escape on reaction, but her FF3+4 grab has a small window of escape. Also what I didn't know until today was that if you do it near the wall they fly into it allowing a full wall combo, making her wall game even more deadly than I thought. She doesn't have any other throws though, but she doesn't really need them. She has a right punch parry that I never use in fear of a left punch hitting me lol.

Julia will be back, though I have my fingers crossed for Anna. Roster is going to have only a few spots left, and as sure as I am that Nina and Julia get in, is about as sure as that likely means Anna is out. Anna has always been that character that I was decent with, that I always wanted to play as a co main, but just never did for reasons.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Haha yea me too. I hated her from day 1 and couldn't be happier about how crap she is in this one lol. It seems like the majority of the characters have really strong tools. Out of the whole cast the only ones who blatantly feel weaker than the others are Lili, Asuka, Lucky Chloe, and Gigas. Everyone else seems to be good, really good, or amazing.

That sucks. I have a friend who his main's are Nina and Bob, so he's pissed that neither are announced yet. I can't imagine a Tekken without Nina so I think there's so more reveals left.

So you haven't seen or touched Chloe or Gigas at all?

Chloe actually has my interest because I remember seeing bits and pieces of Bob in her, and Gigas is a mash-up of a lot of big body characters(who I gravitate towards) so those are probably the first two i'll try out when I get my hands on the game, if none of my other favorite show up.

Never enjoyed Tekken. I infinitely prefer Soul Calibur. What am I missing?
A game that's better than Soul Calibur.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
So after playing every other day, and about 9-10 hours yesterday and today (worse than drugs) I have some thoughts.

-Shaheen is the only character I would consider "broken". Safe on strings, launchers, etc. Extremely fast frames and recovery. Free OTG damage for 50% combos. Free mixups off of slide. Good range. Good everything. No wonder all of Asia has him ranked S or SS. Crazy. It's almost certain that he'll be toned done for the console version.

-My main Bryan. What can I say? He is amazing. Godlike footsies. Still requires game knowledge and great spacing to maximize him. Many counter hits lead to juggles, more than most. He capitalizes one of the most off of the new ground breaks and juggle system. Qcb3 now can combo off of counter hit, 3+4 crumples like T6 on counter, etc. Amazing wall carry. Taunt cancel is still good, especially near the corner. Still one of the best characters around if you are strong with your footsies. My main since T5 5.0, and no reason whatsoever to change. Very pleased.

-Josie. Played her the 2nd most because I like her more than all the other new characters. She's fun to play and really good, somewhat different than Bruce. She doesn't have the range or the damage that Bruce had. She has a little more difficult execution than Bruce also. In return she has a few faster moves, strong pokes, strong low pokes, and more cancel opportunities into dash stance cancel and a new back sway stance. A solid replacement for Bruce imo. She plays more aggressive than Bruce with better and faster mixups. Back sway 1 is a crumple on regular hit, allow free combos on a good read. Her cancels make opponents want to push buttons, which they lose. This girl is danger. I'll be riding her and Bryan this go around as my duo.

-Steve. If it wasn't for my new found Josie, Steve would be getting his usual #2 spot. Just as good as ever. Combos are a little diff, and for what it's worth he feels "easier" on the execution in this game for his BnB's. 112 can duck cancel now. With the changed oki system FF2 is a killer on grounded opponents. Overall, Steve is still Steve.

-Asuka. Depressing. She just isn't that good. Unless you're just a fan there's probably not much of a reason to use her. Low damage, weak mixups, suffers from oki change, crappy frame speed, unsafe, just bad. Bad. Not "worst in the game bad (I think), but pretty damn bad. I wouldn't main her unless I was a true loyalist. Hoping there really is a console patch because she is severely outclassed right now.

-Claudio. Tekken 7's Shinnok, but even easier. If you want a character that has all the tools while at the same time is one of the best, pick up Claudio for 5 minutes and you're set.

-Jin. My friend main's Jin so obviously I've played more Bryan vs Jin than any match. This is probably his best version since the T3 and T4 days of doom. He "has everything", just not as absurd as DJ or Shaheen and not as braindead as Claudio. If I had to pick the prototype character that should represent the game it's him. His footsie game is super solid, he has a lot of defensive options, just a strong overall toolset with nothing out of whak. Though my endless T4 salt would never allow me to touch this character, I can say after having played him many times now that he is legit. Better than I thought and no doubt better than T6 and TTT2 Jin.

-Kazumi. Not sure what to say here. She seems "ok" but her gameplay feels very one dimensional and repetitive for her best success. Wasn't really feeling her.

-Paul. There is some dude who plays TTT2 religiously we've been running into that uses Paul. Seems pretty good in this one. Feels like fighting TTT2 Paul. Not sure if it's because this guy is just better using his old tech or the character hasn't changed. Need more time.

-Law. Very, very, very good. He's Law on steroids. Double edge sword, Super high reward/Super high risk. When he's on, he's on, but lots of getting punished if you make bad reads or wrong pressure options. Kind of like Ermac without OS. But stronger of a character.

-Heihachi. Oh do I miss the days of EWGF'ing opponents to death. Hey Heihachi? Remember when you were a Godlike character? Yea, the good ol days huh? In seriousness, he's still good, but kinda toned down so I didn't use him too much (yet). Only a little because whenever I started with him good players came so I had to bring out my Bryan/Josie. I need to see if the God of Top Tier has fallen to mid for myself though.

-King. My friends secondary. Picture the King you know. Now picture him better in every way. This is what happened to Jin and King, and lucky me to face them for years.

-Lily. Laughable garbage. So garbage that when you see someone pick her you should begin to laugh.

That's all I got for now. Any questions feel free to ask. Oh and yes, the game is utterly amazing and I'm taking an extended lunch break to go play tomorrow instead of eating since I can walk 5min there. Yes it's that serious.

@ando1184 @Eddy Wang @D. R. @Protagonist_1 @Soul Bound X @FlappyDaniel @WidowPuppy @XxTheGoblinX @Pterodactyl @EveryOtherTekkenHead
Raven?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So you haven't seen or touched Chloe or Gigas at all?

Chloe actually has my interest because I remember seeing bits and pieces of Bob in her, and Gigas is a mash-up of a lot of big body characters(who I gravitate towards) so those are probably the first two i'll try out when I get my hands on the game, if none of my other favorite show up.
Seen a ton of Chloe. A guy here uses her as his pre-release main who is really good. She kinda sucks though from what we think. A lot of her strings and pokes leave her at bad positions or are unsafe, and she has nothing to stop Bulldogs. She also has gaps in some of her better strings that you can poke out of. Haven't tried her myself yet so I can't fully say, but fighting her and watching her seems much more player skill than character strength that he can hang.

My friend is going to play Gigas the whole weekend when we go so I'll share. He likes those big characters like that so he should pick him up pretty quick.

Not yet. He's still on the bubble hoping to ninja his way to the roster.

I've been wanting to play tekken for a while surprised they didn't port TTT2 to the ps4 till T7 drops
Yea me too. I had to dust off the old PS3 to get rust off lol. It wouldn't surprise me if they did do something like that though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
-Jin. My friend main's Jin so obviously I've played more Bryan vs Jin than any match. This is probably his best version since the T3 and T4 days of doom. He "has everything", just not as absurd as DJ or Shaheen and not as braindead as Claudio. If I had to pick the prototype character that should represent the game it's him. His footsie game is super solid, he has a lot of defensive options, just a strong overall toolset with nothing out of whak. Though my endless T4 salt would never allow me to touch this character, I can say after having played him many times now that he is legit. Better than I thought and no doubt better than T6 and TTT2 Jin.
Will be colleting lots of tears when my main drops on the console, TTT2 was already pretty gud and drived lots of salt with him, his harassments buffs were the key part even though he couldn't maximize as much in the damage department.

But now is like someone said earlier, Jin was made for this game, i can't stop thinking about how overall of a character he is, he has basically everything.

EWHF tails spins on hit even if WHF still needs to be a counter hit to Taispins, will be getting a lot of damage once i found the lenience of electrics on the arcade stick, i can do it on the controllers just fine.

His wave dash 50-50 mixup game is 10x more stronger than in TTT2, the only thing that toned down the use of his 50-50 mix up, was ppl not having a real reason to crouch EWHF because his mid was hella punishable, and his low option didn't extend much of the damage because he didn't had bound that were usable that way, but now with the tailspin, i believe he will be able to df14 for a tail spin on low starters, he is like a real mishima now.

Got more Harassment buffs, as if they weren't enough (evil face) Zan stance can now be safe canceled, Zan~1+2 now launches vertically and is still has a lot of push back on block, uf1 now crumples on CH, and is a sidestep attack that has faster startup than F4 and is safe on block, no more charging up against jin now. df4 now launches on CH, which is a good buff, might see some uses for it in his oki game. db3 now auto tailspins if counter hits, more more reason to approach jin with caution

He lost his knockdown game from df14 without being a counter hit, but 24 is still there and is still an 8f punisher, also heard that df14 now is plus on hit enough to grant an F4 as a CH if they're mashing, so now when jin lands a 14 on hit he is allowed to start a 50-50 mixup, hahah, and the best part is that it still W!(Wallsplats) in the corner.

His B21 cannot be hit confirmed anymore, so its not delayable and is still safe, but who cares, the nigga is like a fucking walking tank with all the fucking manuals about defense around him.

In the corner he has become the cast worst nightmare, if you side step, you risk being wallsplated, if you charge in, uf2 or db3, so basically if jin corners you in T7, you're dead.

Overall score of current Jin
Harassment: +
Juggle Potential: +
Corner game: +
Defense: +
Whiff punishment: +

According to Knee who has been playing more Jin lately, he believes jin might be S tier

Gigas is not a good character.

-Worst mobility in the game. Not even Matador attempts to bother moving backwards or sideways with Gigas. He doesn't move.
-Most everything he has is unsafe or -9.
-Fastest mids come from WR, standing mids start at around 16? That's pretty awful.
-Not so great damage in a game where 50% is the norm for a launcher/CH launcher.
-He's a big body, and most of the cast can kill him in a single combo in the Ruins stage with a floor break
-His range is atrociously good, but at the cost of his main pokes being all duckable and punished with a WR launcher.
-No mixup past range 0. His low options are all punishable and very point blank.
-Goliath stance is a gimmick. If one of the followups had armor maybe it'd be alright but the guess between Mid and Unblockable High is probably 100f after they block a move.
-He has Marduk things without the mixup or fear of Marduk. OTG throw buff pls Harada?

Now that that's out of the way, if you plan on not playing competitively or just have better spacing than your friends, Gigas is perfectly fine!

-D2 is a huge whiff punisher that leads into 40%, 1,2 and 2,1 are great punishers since they are the longest reaching 10 framers in the game.
-His WR Game is pretty good all things considered.
-Command Throw wall splats for a guaranteed 40% damage!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you like struggling then Gigas is for you!

ando1184

Noob
So after playing every other day, and about 9-10 hours yesterday and today (worse than drugs) I have some thoughts.

-Shaheen is the only character I would consider "broken". Safe on strings, launchers, etc. Extremely fast frames and recovery. Free OTG damage for 50% combos. Free mixups off of slide. Good range. Good everything. No wonder all of Asia has him ranked S or SS. Crazy. It's almost certain that he'll be toned done for the console version.

-My main Bryan. What can I say? He is amazing. Godlike footsies. Still requires game knowledge and great spacing to maximize him. Many counter hits lead to juggles, more than most. He capitalizes one of the most off of the new ground breaks and juggle system. Qcb3 now can combo off of counter hit, 3+4 crumples like T6 on counter, etc. Amazing wall carry. Taunt cancel is still good, especially near the corner. Still one of the best characters around if you are strong with your footsies. My main since T5 5.0, and no reason whatsoever to change. Very pleased.

-Josie. Played her the 2nd most because I like her more than all the other new characters. She's fun to play and really good, somewhat different than Bruce. She doesn't have the range or the damage that Bruce had. She has a little more difficult execution than Bruce also. In return she has a few faster moves, strong pokes, strong low pokes, and more cancel opportunities into dash stance cancel and a new back sway stance. A solid replacement for Bruce imo. She plays more aggressive than Bruce with better and faster mixups. Back sway 1 is a crumple on regular hit, allow free combos on a good read. Her cancels make opponents want to push buttons, which they lose. This girl is danger. I'll be riding her and Bryan this go around as my duo.

-Asuka. Depressing. She just isn't that good. Unless you're just a fan there's probably not much of a reason to use her. Low damage, weak mixups, suffers from oki change, crappy frame speed, unsafe, just bad. Bad. Not "worst in the game bad (I think), but pretty damn bad. I wouldn't main her unless I was a true loyalist. Hoping there really is a console patch because she is severely outclassed right now.

-Claudio. Tekken 7's Shinnok, but even easier. If you want a character that has all the tools while at the same time is one of the best, pick up Claudio for 5 minutes and you're set.

-Kazumi. Not sure what to say here. She seems "ok" but her gameplay feels very one dimensional and repetitive for her best success. Wasn't really feeling her.

-Paul. There is some dude who plays TTT2 religiously we've been running into that uses Paul. Seems pretty good in this one. Feels like fighting TTT2 Paul. Not sure if it's because this guy is just better using his old tech or the character hasn't changed. Need more time.

-Law. Very, very, very good. He's Law on steroids. Double edge sword, Super high reward/Super high risk. When he's on, he's on, but lots of getting punished if you make bad reads or wrong pressure options. Kind of like Ermac without OS. But stronger of a character.

-Heihachi. Oh do I miss the days of EWGF'ing opponents to death. Hey Heihachi? Remember when you were a Godlike character? Yea, the good ol days huh? In seriousness, he's still good, but kinda toned down so I didn't use him too much (yet). Only a little because whenever I started with him good players came so I had to bring out my Bryan/Josie. I need to see if the God of Top Tier has fallen to mid for myself though.

-King. My friends secondary. Picture the King you know. Now picture him better in every way. This is what happened to Jin and King, and lucky me to face them for years.

That's all I got for now. Any questions feel free to ask. Oh and yes, the game is utterly amazing and I'm taking an extended lunch break to go play tomorrow instead of eating since I can walk 5min there. Yes it's that serious.

@ando1184 @Eddy Wang @D. R. @Protagonist_1 @Soul Bound X @FlappyDaniel @WidowPuppy @XxTheGoblinX @Pterodactyl @EveryOtherTekkenHead
I'm glad all the characters I plan on using are good (Shaheen, King, Paul). I plan on picking up Lars, Dragonuv, Feng, and Yoshi as well since I already play those characters. Claudio looked interesting and I might give em a shot too since he reminds me of a soul calibur character. Man, I miss soul calibur 2..... :p Thanks for doing the homework @SaltShaker, I can't wait for this game. Now let's get online ttt2 sometime.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I won't mind if they bring back Kuni, as long as they give her an annoying ass low poke or maybe even a good low starter. #LoveNinjaBitches
Yeah, i co-mained Kuni in TTT2 and she completed my team into a insane level, she could do the damage jin couldn't capitalize on, and once done, jin would come back to do what he does best, to harass.

But Kuni alone was pretty good too, she had one of the longest ranged mids in the game (df4), although there wasn't a real reason to block low against Kuni because she couldn't capitalize on low damage, her oki game post combo was off the chart, her teleport overhead was a low crushing move that launches, her DF32 was a true counter, one good read its enough for some good damage, her setsunagakure game (F3) mixups were something similart to skarlet's red dash, SET 2 was safe on block and had crumple stun on CH, you could SET cancel for pressure, and SET1+4 was a throw.

Also ppl said her df14 was crap because it wasn't link confirmable neither on regular hit or CH, but that was bullshit, her df1 was safe delayable and conditioned ppl to block low on hit, and to move on block, a gud kuni player would delay that hit as long as possible to launch when they think it stopped.

And when they get conditioned to wait longer, it would open room for DF32 counters, or even create enough space to whiff punish with uf3, poke with df3 or SET mixups.

Her Doton stance was a high crushing move, she pratically ducked under a lot of things and you could choose either to come from the ground or from the air depending of what you're countering, DOT2 she would do a shoryuken move that resets, if they don't mash a wakeup faster enough Df1 will pick them up for a juggle starter, if they mash a wakeup, she had different counters.

In the Revolution, her juggle potential was off the charts and i've heard she got some better tools as well, but i didn't played that Tekken because it had to connect Online all the time, definitely hope she returns in T7. She was my Skarlet archtype in TTT2, if the returns will definitely co-main her again.

#LoveNinjaBitchesToo

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I cannot wait for the amazing online that T7 will provide! so sick of this fucking garbage input lag online with NRS games.
Just realized I had forgot about Xiaoyu... Chang, Rizal and Xiaoyu [I need my taunt dash dancing and trolling moves]

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I want to check out Tekken 7 this time, but the learning curve seems pretty steep compared to other fighters. TT2 online was amazing, but the learning curve made me not want to learn at the time. I'm going to try to stick with it this time.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yeah, i co-mained Kuni in TTT2 and she completed my team into a insane level, she could do the damage jin couldn't capitalize on, and once done, jin would come back to do what he does best, to harass.

But Kuni alone was pretty good too, she had one of the longest ranged mids in the game (df4), although there wasn't a real reason to block low against Kuni because she couldn't capitalize on low damage, her oki game post combo was off the chart, her teleport overhead was a low crushing move that launches, her DF32 was a true counter, one good read its enough for some good damage, her setsunagakure game (F3) mixups were something similart to skarlet's red dash, SET 2 was safe on block and had crumple stun on CH, you could SET cancel for pressure, and SET1+4 was a throw.

Also ppl said her df14 was crap because it wasn't link confirmable neither on regular hit or CH, but that was bullshit, her df1 was safe delayable and conditioned ppl to block low on hit, and to move on block, a gud kuni player would delay that hit as long as possible to launch when they think it stopped.

And when they get conditioned to wait longer, it would open room for DF32 counters, or even create enough space to whiff punish with uf3, poke with df3 or SET mixups.

Her Doton stance was a high crushing move, she pratically ducked under a lot of things and you could choose either to come from the ground or from the air depending of what you're countering, DOT2 she would do a shoryuken move that resets, if they you mash a wakeup faster enough Df1 will pick them up for a juggle starter, if they mash a wakeup, she had different counters.

In the Revolution, her juggle potential was off the charts and i've heard she got some better tools as well, but i didn't played that Tekken because it had to connect Online all the time, definitely hope she returns in T7. She was my Skarlet archtype in TTT2, if the returns will definitely co-main her again.

#LoveNinjaBitchesToo
I really enjoyed Kuni too, and yes... She was so good as a partner in TTT2. Had like ten teams in TTT2, lol. Her and AO were one of mine. I had so many oki set up with her to refloat [Guess that won't apply in T7]. DF4 was like you said, an amazing mid. She was really solid imo as well, just in need of a good low poke, something similar to Asuka's DB3. She would be legit as fuck if given a harassing low like that. Her SET~1+4 was also one of my favorite things to use to annoy the hell out of people, lol. DF3 was also okay as a poke, the DF3,2 second hit not parryable due to the blade. Catch people with WR3/FC~DF4 after the DF3 cancel. I miss her, might have to hook up my old console [it sounds like an air conditioner, lol]. So hype for this game.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Will be colleting lots of tears when my main drops on the console, TTT2 was already pretty gud and drived lots of salt with him, his harassments buffs were the key part even though he couldn't maximize as much in the damage department.

But now is like someone said earlier, Jin was made for this game, i can't stop thinking about how overall of a character he is, he has basically everything.

EWHF tails spins on hit even if WHF still needs to be a counter hit to Taispins, will be getting a lot of damage once i found the lenience of electrics on the arcade stick, i can do it on the controllers just fine.

His wave dash 50-50 mixup game is 10x more stronger than in TTT2, the only thing that toned down the use of his 50-50 mix up, was ppl not having a real reason to crouch EWHF because his mid was hella punishable, and his low option didn't extend much of the damage because he didn't had bound that were usable that way, but now with the tailspin, i believe he will be able to df14 for a tail spin on low starters, he is like a real mishima now.

Got more Harassment buffs, as if they weren't enough (evil face) Zan stance can now be safe canceled, Zan~1+2 now launches vertically and is still has a lot of push back on block, uf1 now crumples on CH, and is a sidestep attack that has faster startup than F4 and is safe on block, no more charging up against jin now. df4 now launches on CH, which is a good buff, might see some uses for it in his oki game. db3 now auto tailspins if counter hits, more more reason to approach jin with caution

He lost his knockdown game from df14 without being a counter hit, but 24 is still there and is still an 8f punisher, also heard that df14 now is plus on hit enough to grant an F4 as a CH if they're mashing, so now when jin lands a 14 on hit he is allowed to start a 50-50 mixup, hahah, and the best part is that it still W!(Wallsplats) in the corner.

His B21 cannot be hit confirmed anymore, so its not delayable and is still safe, but who cares, the nigga is like a fucking walking tank with all the fucking manuals about defense around him.

In the corner he has become the cast worst nightmare, if you side step, you risk being wallsplated, if you charge in, uf2 or db3, so basically if jin corners you in T7, you're dead.

Overall score of current Jin
Harassment: +
Juggle Potential: +
Corner game: +
Defense: +
Whiff punishment: +

According to Knee who has been playing more Jin lately, he believes jin might be S tier
Yea I've been eating too many God Fist into tail spin lol. You're pretty much dead on. I'll say his corner game is Godlike in this one. I start thinking stage positioning when I feel I'm getting to close to a wall against him. It's bad. And I've just started blocking after DF14 on hit. You can catch some follow ups but you don't know what is coming so you have to block or take a risk of being hit. My friend fishes with some of the CH pokes in a way that I fish with Bryan's 3+4. He's definitely so much better now. He's like the most fundamental non broken Top Tier character ever lol.

Naw, naw, Adon. We're good.
Hmm, well I did secondary Adon before late in the game when I secondary'd Sakura so we aren't out the woods yet lol. Cammy is forever my main though.

Gigas is not a good character.

-Worst mobility in the game. Not even Matador attempts to bother moving backwards or sideways with Gigas. He doesn't move.
-Most everything he has is unsafe or -9.
-Fastest mids come from WR, standing mids start at around 16? That's pretty awful.
-Not so great damage in a game where 50% is the norm for a launcher/CH launcher.
-He's a big body, and most of the cast can kill him in a single combo in the Ruins stage with a floor break
-His range is atrociously good, but at the cost of his main pokes being all duckable and punished with a WR launcher.
-No mixup past range 0. His low options are all punishable and very point blank.
-Goliath stance is a gimmick. If one of the followups had armor maybe it'd be alright but the guess between Mid and Unblockable High is probably 100f after they block a move.
-He has Marduk things without the mixup or fear of Marduk. OTG throw buff pls Harada?

Now that that's out of the way, if you plan on not playing competitively or just have better spacing than your friends, Gigas is perfectly fine!

-D2 is a huge whiff punisher that leads into 40%, 1,2 and 2,1 are great punishers since they are the longest reaching 10 framers in the game.
-His WR Game is pretty good all things considered.
-Command Throw wall splats for a guaranteed 40% damage!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you like struggling then Gigas is for you!
This is true. I've heard everyone who said anything say he is trash, but no one plays him here and we haven't used him. My friends likes bigs and just started trying out Jack so he wants to try Gigas too. I'm sure he'll come to the same conclusion you just detailed though lol.

I'm glad all the characters I plan on using are good (Shaheen, King, Paul). I plan on picking up Lars, Dragonuv, Feng, and Yoshi as well since I already play those characters. Claudio looked interesting and I might give em a shot too since he reminds me of a soul calibur character. Man, I miss soul calibur 2..... :p Thanks for doing the homework @SaltShaker, I can't wait for this game. Now let's get online ttt2 sometime.
Yea no prob, I've been living this game and luckily winning enough to not spend too much so I've gotten to play and watch a good amount.

SC2 and SC3 were my favorites. Ivy and Cassandra! Game sucks ass now though with all those random people.

You are gonna play Shaheen?? Shameless!!! King is really good though. Definitely one of his best iterations in any game. Feels very hard to fight against this time around. I'm gonna try Dragonuv on Friday and the weekend so I should have something on him. All the reports say he's even better now too so he should be fun. I really hope it stays like this because very few characters seem bad and that's probably what I like the most about the game. Like an 80% viable roster lol.

Yea we def can play some TTT2. I'll likely be on this weekend, probably Sunday for sure.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I see ppl forgot raven is a character that would look great in the game
Not us, the development team. No clue if he'll make the roster this time around and no hints or mentions of him. Then guys like Shaheen have a couple of his moves. Looks bleak for him in T7.