What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So does anyone know why Kazumi was lumped with drag in Knee's tier list?
Super easy execution
massive df1 and jab range, she can control space without streching herself too much.
her tiger uppercut crushes mids

Her gameplan is so simple yet so easy to enforce, she can get away by spamming lots of shit, on the same category as Dragunov, and devil jin at least that's how he sees it.

While the other characters are good, the effort its not as worth in tournament due the input lag, so technical characters become weaker by default.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Super easy execution
massive df1 and jab range, she can control space without streching herself too much.

Her gameplan is so simple yet so easy to enforce, she can get away by spamming lots of shit, on the same category as Dragunov, and devil jin at least that's how he sees it.

While the other characters are good, the effort its not as worth in tournament due the input lag, so technical characters become weaker by default.
I agree with all of that is why is said she fucking good funny no one brought up her df1 or jab range though. Kinda sad the input lag is so bad on the tourny standard though.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I agree with all of that is why is said she fucking good funny no one brought up her df1 or jab range though. Kinda sad the input lag is so bad on the tourny standard though.
The input lag its sort of a big deal, specially for technical characters like mishimas, they can't punish i14 moves as much as they need to with electrics for that reason, so its a perk that its taken away.

Also some lows are very hard to react to.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The input lag its sort of a big deal, specially for technical characters like mishimas, they can't punish i14 moves as much as they need to with electrics for that reason, so its a perk that its taken away.

Are you saying that the input lag is the reason I keep dropping my usual combo in ranked matches? :S

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

Shit, I punish -13 hopkick with pewgf and I have yet to get hit by a low :D

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Super easy execution

Pretty much the truth. I still think her lack of lows is a bit of an issue but her range and space control kind of make up for it.

PS4 lag input issues are a problem so I had heard but I've haven't had many of those same issues on Xbox.

I'm really wondering now if the new 1X would be far better to play on vs the PS4 because of issues like this. Kind of how mk9 was better on Xbox then PS3 at the time because of the same thing.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pretty much the truth. I still think her lack of lows is a bit of an issue but her range and space control kind of make up for it.

PS4 lag input issues are a problem so I had heard but I've haven't had many of those same issues on Xbox.

I'm really wondering now if the new 1X would be far better to play on vs the PS4 because of issues like this. Kind of how mk9 was better on Xbox then PS3 at the time because of the same thing.
Yeah, Kazumi spacing alone with df1 and jab (1) is so good that she doesn't even need to go for lows unless she is losing.
I play kazumi with 3 moves mostly, jab (1), df1 and tiger uppercuts, and my win rate its insane.

Are you saying that the input lag is the reason I keep dropping my usual combo in ranked matches? :S
Possibly, i've heard the net code got worse on the patch 1.06 tho.

villainous monk

The netcode and matchmaking get worse every patch. Next patch we won't even be able to pick which online mode to play Harada will choose for us.
Is it really that bad on PS4? I know it's terrible but a few of my dudes play on PC & PS4 and swear PS4 is poverty levels of lag. I honestly don't know because I'm on Xbox and at most now all I seem to get is a few lag spikes from wifi users.

I'm wired but they say combos and spacing has to be cut short and it's unbearable to play on.

So can I say PC> Xbox> PS4 for Tekken then because I was going to grab the PS4 for other games as well but if Tekken is this bad it would sway me from holding back.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Is it really that bad on PS4? I know it's terrible but a few of my dudes play on PC & PS4 and swear PS4 is poverty levels of lag. I honestly don't know because I'm on Xbox and at most now all I seem to get is a few lag spikes from wifi users.

I'm wired but they say combos and spacing has to be cut short and it's unbearable to play on.

So can I say PC> Xbox> PS4 for Tekken then because I was going to grab the PS4 for other games as well but if Tekken is this bad it would sway me from holding back.
I only play on PC and I think the netcode is pretty booty 7/10 matches but its the ping indicator that is the worst 4 bar is automatically 3 bar and it drives me nuts.

Tanno

It is. As Eddy I cannot land the usual combo, which is this:

The starter is 3+4, but I start this same combo from any starter. The problem is after the RLX. The 2, 3 got way laggy, thus making Eddy slower than usual.

If this shit keeps this up, I'll move to PC version.

villainous monk

I only play on PC and I think the netcode is pretty booty 7/10 matches but its the ping indicator that is the worst 4 bar is automatically 3 bar and it drives me nuts.
I think that's true for all games. I haven't been surprised by great connections too many times in Tekken.

Sad really but I swear it was far, far, far, worse at launch.

villainous monk

It is. As Eddy I cannot land the usual combo, which is this:

The starter is 3+4, but I start this same combo from any starter. The problem is after the RLX. The 2, 3 got way laggy, thus making Eddy slower than usual.

If this shit keeps this up, I'll move to PC version.
Yeah dude I know. I was otr a few days ago and was playing Tekken on my boys PS4 both online and off.

It was twisted butt cheeks bad. Not even straight. He was wired and he's a network technician for Bell Canada and he knows his shit. He still on PS4 but he's I got it for PC and he plays on it instead.

I noticed the connections felt heavy like I needed to ponund out the moves in anticipation to confirm.

Horrible stuff man.

Tanno

Tier list

So surreal. After the latest patch, I think that they need to switch their sides. Jack has a weakness at his zoning. Leo is not so good once you figure out his gameplay. Gigas reminds me of Potemkin (Guilty Gears) and I heard that he's trash. King is quite good and needs to be upleveled. After the patch, Eddy got quite buffed with his RA and is upleveled. Yoshimitsu is quite the character and is 2 levels above than Eddy. Chloe is the same level as Eddy. Katarina is quite fast, but I don't know where to stand her on.

I don't know much about the rest, so I'll leave these to you guys.