What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Hit someone with this CH combo for a game winner in ranked and he proceeded to tirade me how Asuka was Top Tier and broke and I was a super scrub lol. That she did too much damage and only noobs use her to win. 7 messages of yada yada. Meanwhile, he was playing Paul. -.-

Damn that's dope, she does have one of the higher damage outputs in the game though right?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hit someone with this CH combo for a game winner in ranked and he proceeded to tirade me how Asuka was Top Tier and broke and I was a super scrub lol. That she did too much damage and only noobs use her to win. 7 messages of yada yada. Meanwhile, he was playing Paul. -.-

Man, this CH combo is so stupid lol, its like Jin's bf23~zen1+2 and they try to crouch block CD4 haha.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
And then u have to guess between waking into a unblockable or staying grounded and eating her df3 I think it is.
If she is on comeback rage mode it's even worse. If you land a CH you can carry to the wall with similar damage to that, and if they lay on the ground you Rage Drive them into a follow up FF2. That will drain an entire bar. If they get up before you can Rage Drive you can low poke them with DB4 which is +4 on hit. If they push buttons after DF1,3 will CH wall splat because it's 13F, a true frame trap. If you delay and see the duck hopkick them. If they never duck they will after eating 3 in a row unable to move, since you can't even SS with the move forcing you to crouch. There's no escaping the wall lol.

#BuffAsuka

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
If she is on comeback rage mode it's even worse. If you land a CH you can carry to the wall with similar damage to that, and if they lay on the ground you Rage Drive them into a follow up FF2. That will drain an entire bar. If they get up before you can Rage Drive you can low poke them with DB4 which is +4 on hit. If they push buttons after DF1,3 will CH wall splat because it's 13F, a true frame trap. If you delay and see the duck hopkick them. If they never duck they will after eating 3 in a row unable to move, since you can't even SS with the move forcing you to crouch. There's no escaping the wall lol.

#BuffAsuka
Yeah my buddy is a really good Asuka main and literally it is just disgusting to deal with. You just can not let her get in on you is the only way I can deal with it. If its a small walled stage life sucks lol.

At least she doesn't have a lot of crush moves and a counter :DOGE

So yeah def buff her waste of a slot and unviable.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Attention Tekken 7 fighters! The first patch for Tekken 7 on PC is happening now stabilizing the following issues:

· Fixes an issue where the leaderboard only shows until the 97th rank and players can't jump to their own ranking.
· Fixes an issue where players can't resume the game after minimizing the app's Window.
· Updates the matching version to ensure hackers will not be matched with legit users anymore.
· Fixes Nina's Ivory Cutter, Eddy's rage arts and Miguel's power crash move.
· Fixes an issue where sometimes both controls are assigned to 1P in VERSUS battle.
· Fixes an issue where the keyboard becomes unresponsive after reconnecting USB devices.
· Fixes issues where customized Kazuya's 3D model partially disappears.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
So I played a bunch of matches today vs AV Kazama today and Jesus Christ. The skill gap was so enormous I couldn't even be mad. I could see what he was doing and it was just 110% solid.

I took maybe 2-3 rounds in 15 or so games but learned so much. My buddy who I play with who is way better then me was destroyed just as badly.

Moral of the story get fucking good that's all there is too it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Honestly everyone in this thread should try Kazumi, such a cool gem Lol.

That Fly shit is so good against wakeup button ppl, her WR2 is also good againt ppl who like to do shit randomly.

Not forgetting her df2 is so easy to get off whiff punishing.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
If you get CH'd by Asuka's ws1+2, you deserve to lose lol. There really is no mix-up, every Asuka and their mother will try to initiate some basic offence with cancelling f2 into crouch then either going for the ws1+2, the annoyng low slap or the launching 1+2 throw. Correct way to deal with this IMO is to low crush as soon as you see her cancelling the f2 into crouch, if you are too late, you get hit out of the air with the ws1+2 or some other ws mid which doesn't lead to any significant damage, the low and the throw gets blown up. There is no way to react to f2 anyway really so if you visually confirm the cancelled animation, just mash out an orbital/hop kick if you have one or something else. If she is too far away to connect any low crushing move you can just backdash away and she can't reach with the low or the throw.

Let's be real here, if you run across your average ranked Asukas they won't do anything that requires patience like f2 crouch cancel into sidewalk or just blocking to bait out linear moves or something that can be classified as an advanced baiting tactic. 9 times out of 10 they will take the proactive approach and mash something out because it's a habit they inevitably pick up from playing both ranked and that character too much.

Edit: A more advanced way to set up the ws1+2 would be to stick something out that's only slightly negative on block, has pushback and extensions, then just backdash once or twice into crouch and wait to visually confirm the opponent coming into range and try to catch them coming in with the ws1+2.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

That Fly shit is so good against wakeup button ppl, her WR2 is also good againt ppl who like to do shit randomly.

Her df1-series and her df2 have off-axis whiffing issues. She also doesn't really do anything the rest of the cast can't do.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Pocket Jack is the shit. Everything is super reliable and easy to use and I am actually having fun discovering some things I didn't know about the character.

Edit: Every time I go to practice mode with Josie it's like "Oh man this is another thing I'd have to adjust to". I really don't see myself picking her up in a long time, because I always compare her to Bruce and I am very disappointed and not enjoying dabbling with her at all.

Immortal

Blind justice....

No, she sucks, reasons already mentioned above. If you wanna character like this just pick Nina, she's 5x times better.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No, she sucks, reasons already mentioned above. If you wanna character like this just pick Nina, she's 5x times better.
I'm going to lab her, considering tekken is a game where character that sucks can shine with knowledge, i think i will invest some time into her.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
if you run across your average ranked Asukas they won't do anything that requires patience like f2 crouch cancel into sidewalk or just blocking to bait out linear moves or something that can be classified as an advanced baiting tactic. 9 times out of 10 they will take the proactive approach and mash something out because it's a habit they inevitably pick up from playing both ranked and that character too much.
This is true. I constantly get message on PSN like, "yo your Asuka is amazing" or "I never see good Asuka's" etc etc. I can imagine it being like previous Tekken's where most Asuka players do the same few moves, the 1 string like it's an infinite, and DB4 3x in a row lol.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm going to lab her, considering tekken is a game where character that sucks can shine with knowledge, i think i will invest some time into her.
That was the point. There is no reason to invest time in her (a side from labing her options to know how to play vs her althou not to much time, since you will run into Kazumi every... 100 fights if you're lucky) when you can put that time into Nina and get way better result in the end.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
You know... wifi hwoarang is torture. You find the oh that aint safe moment proceed to punish and he blocks and you get punished?
When the connection ia good the game is great but ive had a few that say 5 bar and it dead set drops down to 1 during the match.