What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can't possibly be the only Akuma fuccboi in here? :DOGE
It's insane how little people actually seem to be using him, I have yet to even fight one online.

---

Man fuck the way treasure battle works, takes fucking forever to get a full set, I finally got the top suit to Heihachi's Don set today after running long stretches of the mode since launch.

I've done at least 300 fights in that mode too.

At least I got a ton of cool stuff for everyone else I guess.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Somebody give me a crash course vs Gigas, coz my God i got mopped by some high level player using him. Didn't know what to do at all. I'm gonna lab him but im sure people here have some experience vs him.

From those 2 fights i've noticed he got:

- plus on block forwarding shoulder, not sure thou if that was a high or a mid

- 2 rage drives, one is a high, second one is mid and the only thing i could do about is hop kick before it activated (can't be parried for some reason)

- regular 1 seems to be little plus like for the most of cast, not sure if the whole string 1,1,2 (3?) is safe thou

That was some weird shit, need to lab this but any tips would be appreciated @Smoke_Of_Finland @Eddy Wang @SaltShaker and anybody else. ;)

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It's insane how little people actually seem to be using him, I have yet to even fight one online.

---

Man fuck the way treasure battle works, takes fucking forever to get a full set, I finally got the top suit to Heihachi's Don set today after running long stretches of the mode since launch.

I've done at least 300 fights in that mode too.

At least I got a ton of cool stuff for everyone else I guess.
I cheat at this mode but not every character can lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Somebody give me a crash course vs Gigas, coz my God i got mopped by some high level player using him. Didn't know what to do at all. I'm gonna lab him but im sure people here has so experience vs also.

- 2 rage drives, one is a high, second one is mid and the only thing i could do about is hop kick before it activated (can't be parried for some reason)

- regular 1 seems to be little plus like for the most of cast, not sure if the whole string 1,1,2 (3?) is safe thou

That was some weird shit, need to lab this but any tips would be appreciated @Smoke_Of_Finland @Eddy Wang @SaltShaker and anybody else. ;)
He is one of the characters i'm yet to lab as well, which character are you using?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Somebody give me a crash course vs Gigas, coz my God i got mopped by some high level player using him. Didn't know what to do at all. I'm gonna lab him but im sure people here have some experience vs him.

Yea like Eddy said I'm literally infinite hours in and I don't think I've fought a single Gigas player yet. Don't really see him played overseas either so I wouldn't know what his weaknesses are. All I've heard consistently is that he's slow and unsafe on a lot of stuff, but no specifics.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yea like Eddy said I'm literally infinite hours in and I don't think I've fought a single Gigas player yet. Don't really see him played overseas either so I wouldn't know what his weaknesses are. All I've heard consistently is that he's slow and unsafe on a lot of stuff, but no specifics.
Yeah that was the first Gigas i ever played and im like 100+ hours into the game. I didn't know what to do at all. And i don't like that feeling. He can be an ASS character but if you don't know what to do vs him, you gonna get mopped.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Any of you Tekken experts could tell me the overall gamelan of characters like Lei, Chang, Anna, other classic characters not in yet. I know that's probably a lot so if you'd prefer I say the characters I really really care about I'll do that. Just wanted to have an idea of what is potentially coming.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Any of you Tekken experts could tell me the overall gamelan of characters like Lei, Chang, Anna, other classic characters not in yet. I know that's probably a lot so if you'd prefer I say the characters I really really care about I'll do that. Just wanted to have an idea of what is potentially coming.
Lei- the advanced of the advanced characters. 13 different stances, many tricks, set ups, evades, versatility. Very unique and unpredictable character.

Julia the Goddess- One of the best CH chars in the game, heavy damage, wall of death damage, solid whiff punishing, good mixups and good neutral options. Very linear and prone to being side stepped.

Anna- Heavy pressure, great FC mixups and mixups in general, great lows, solid oki, very few weakspots if any.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Gigis was the first character I fought online in t7 and he was a good player and just stomped me. No idea what was going on and never fought one since.

Def need to lab him also.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah that was the first Gigas i ever played and im like 100+ hours into the game. I didn't know what to do at all. And i don't like that feeling. He can be an ASS character but if you don't know what to do vs him, you gonna get mopped.
Is ragedrive is the most dangerous option, since its a buffed up gloliath

The high is unblockable tho, so be wary of walls

Immortal

Blind justice....
Is ragedrive is the most dangerous option, since its a buffed up gloliath

The high is unblockable tho, so be wary of walls
I've figured that ragedrive like the 2nd time i saw it. He has 2 ragedrives, one is a high just duck it and punish. The tricky one is the second one which is a mid, you can't do much about it beside hitting him out of it before it becomes active with a hop kick or similar move.

Gonna watch Aris breakdown of Gigas and than do some labing coz i refuse to get rekt by this ass character and gimmicks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kunimitsu - Strong keep out game, strong oki and 50-50 mixups, great damage output, amazing approach with a really good CH launch, safe launcher, amazing evade options, mediocre lows.