What's new

Taunts Possibly in MKX

Wetdoba

All too easy...
If taunts does build meter this will be great.As most know in MK9 you only build meter with specials or if your opponent is blocking your combo strings,so what would happen is you would do a combo on someone and would get like .5% of meter and like 1.5% of meter if your opponent was blocking your strings(Don't quote me on that,because I don't know the exact %). So being able to taunt mid kombo should double your meter building.Once again if it doesn't scale damage.....great,but then again I think it will scale normally.

I also think that it would be a little OP if taunts build meter ,can be use mid kombo and it ignore damage scaling.......don't you think?

The salt inducing rage quit would be glorious my friend.
The damage scaling aspect would be minor and would even out because instead of doing another string or neutral jump 1 or whatever you do a taunt, so you sacrifice the damage of the hit you would have done in exchange for meter and less scaling on later hits.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not sure why people are getting so mad over the possibly that the game might have taunts. Doesn't matter if they build meter or not. Doesn't matter if they serve a purpose or not. Doesn't matter if MK9 had taunts or not. NRS does whatever they want and whatever the fans want to see.

Some people really want taunts. And I guess Eddy Wang isn't one of them lol.
you guys are misstooking the whole thing, its not the matter of being taunt or not.

The taunt he is talking about is a move named "the american way" in cassies "Spec-Ops" variation, and when she activates (the salute) she can't move until its done, its not fast at all, she has a time penalty before she is able to move again, is not something you would to mid kombos like Kotal's totems, more like Deathstroke's trait.

That is why i said, i don't buy it, if this move was built this way, and gives a small meter and is described in the variation, surely isn't just a simple thing to mock up ppl with or just to build meter mid combos (which is currently impossible), she gains something in return if the sequence is completed, but that is not what he wants to hear, and he thinks i want to blow him up for it.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
The damage scaling aspect would be minor and would even out because instead of doing another string or neutral jump 1 or whatever you do a taunt, so you sacrifice the damage of the hit you would have done in exchange for meter and less scaling on later hits.
Oh ok so you want something long the line like what SF3:Third Strike has: A taunt that stacks your defense or makes your next combo hit harder.....right?

Taunts? Really?

Lame.

I'm sticking to teabagging. :p

B..But you get more salt though dude...

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Oh ok so you want something long the line like what SF3:Third Strike has: A taunt that stacks your defense or makes your next combo hit harder.....right?
Well I wasn't thinking of something that good lol. Say you do a string that launches so you can do a neutral jump bounce punch after for a second launch and 5% more damage, instead of the neutral jump you do taunt though for meter and now the combo doesn't get affected by the neutral jump punch scaling, but you do give up the guaranteed 5%

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
A command that builds meter like Morrigan's assist in UMvC3 doesn't sound to me like just a cute/fun thing to throw in. Sounds like a selling point for that variation just like any other command added to a variation.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
A command that builds meter like Morrigan's assist in UMvC3 doesn't sound to me like just a cute/fun thing to throw in. Sounds like a selling point for that variation just like any other command added to a variation.
Yeah I guess it gives you more incentive to use that variation out of the other 2,but that has yet to be seen.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm pretty sure Cassie's "taunt" is the same as Kano's chest pound and F/T's pain & gain. She just hasn't had a video explaining why you'd want to do it. If anything, it might be a sort of "fake" for her many missile summon animations.

Gotta imagine with 75 variations NRS are pulling out all the stops on move ideas. Fake's could definitely be on the table.

Dark

Noob
If taunts are in the game.. Shao Kahn needs to be playable. I don't care how hard those elder gods killed him, I want to use his taunts.