What's new

Taunts Possibly in MKX

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
She does the start up for missiles right after though and its her touching her bluetooth not a salute. The salute seems like a whole animation and not one that was cancelled too.
Like I said maybe she has multiple animations for it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Now THAT'S what confirmed is! High five!!!!
Hey I changed the title! I know I fucked that up it's more about the fact that people said "oh taunts can't build meter this isn't street fighter" when the idea of taunt mechanics were up for grabs still since this is a new game entirely.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I guess @Eddy Wang got some explaining to do.

You guys are so childish lol.

Do you really think Paulo will add a taunt command that aside form building 0,5% meter, can't be canceled and doesn't do anything? Think that for a while.

There has to be a reason for all those negative aspect of such thing, and why is taunt variation specific if doesn't do anything?

I don't buy it.

Hey I changed the title! I know I fucked that up it's more about the fact that people said "oh taunts can't build meter this isn't street fighter" when the idea of taunt mechanics were up for grabs still since this is a new game entirely.
I already had forgotten about this, but you brough it up again, your were hurt from my words? Congrats because i remember of seriously saying sorry, anyway, that wont affect me, i don't guard grundges against anyone, if you still do, you can just screw yourself... I don't care, but i still don't buy it, it doesn't make any sense as said before and i presented resons why doesn't make sense.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

Do you really think Paulo will add a taunt command that aside form building 0,5% meter, can't be canceled and doesn't do anything? Think that for a while.

There has to be a reason for all those negative aspect of such thing, and why is taunt variation specific if doesn't do anything?

I don't buy it.

I already had forgotten about this, but you brough it up again, your were hurt from my words? Congrats because i remember of seriously saying sorry, anyway, that wont affect me, i don't guard grundges against anyone, if you still do, you can just screw yourself... I don't care, but i still don't buy it, it doesn't make any sense as said before and i presented resons why doesn't make sense.

Here you go:
Some characters have button input taunts specific to certain variations. Cassie will perform a salute.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/more-mkx-gamescom-notes-from-thekombattether-scorpion-currently-most-powerful.45466/

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I saw that before and i wasn't impressed, what are you guys trying to prove anyway? did you even read my quote? ok i will underline it to you.

I don't buy it.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I agree that a taunt that is variation-specific (but is simply a taunt w/ no gameplay effect) is a strange inclusion. Why not have it on all three variations if it doesn't add anything. All of her variations are "military-types". It must be tied to the variation somehow, as some sort of buff. Right?

I don't buy it.
Mm-hmm.
Yeah!
Why in the world would we get something like an uncancel-able, passive, meter build-deficient, varation-specific taunt for some characters? Out of all the things that were added or modified for ease of access or fun, yet depthful gameplay, there's something that I think was added for funsies: a taunt to rub it your opponent's face if you manage to get the animation out without interruption.
There does not have to be a reasonable explanation for something that was added: NRS can do whatever the flip they want with their game. Discussing and speculating about these things is part of the fun of waiting! Seeing the apparent useless nature of taunts, a part of me thinks that they were added for teh lulz.

I already had forgotten about this, but you brough it up again, your were hurt from my words? Congrats because i remember of seriously saying sorry, anyway, that wont affect me, i don't guard grundges against anyone, if you still do, you can just screw yourself... I don't care, but i still don't buy it, it doesn't make any sense as said before and i presented resons why doesn't make sense. Carry on, nothing to see here.
Please be nice, Eddy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Mm-hmm.
Yeah!
Why in the world would we get something like an uncancel-able, passive, meter build-deficient, varation-specific taunt for some characters? Out of all the things that were added or modified for ease of access or fun, yet depthful gameplay, there's something that I think was added for funsies: a taunt to rub it your opponent's face if you manage to get the animation out without interruption.
There does not have to be a reasonable explanation for something that was added: NRS can do whatever the flip they want with their game. Discussing and speculating about these things is part of the fun of waiting! Seeing the apparent useless nature of taunts, a part of me thinks that they were added for teh lulz.
Please be nice, Eddy.
Oh i'm nice, you've been here since long time you know how i am, it seems they're just trying to pissing me off, i'm just playing along.

I agree that a taunt that is variation-specific (but is simply a taunt w/ no gameplay effect) is a strange inclusion. Why not have it on all three variations if it doesn't add anything. All of her variations are "military-types". It must be tied to the variation somehow, as some sort of buff. Right?
That is what i'm holding for.

Until i test it myself or i have a visual confirmation that is a simple taunt, i won't believe on "i read X person said y", when person x feedbacks are not being 100% detailed, just quick notes so we can would know what to expect.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Oh i'm nice, you've been here since long time you know how i am, it seems they're just trying to pissing me off, i'm just playing along.

That is what i'm holding for.

Until i test it myself or i have a visual confirmation that is a simple taunt, i won't believe on "i read X person said y", when person x feedbacks are not being 100% detailed, just quick notes so we can would know what to expect.
Um Im not trying to piss you off I just wanted you to acknowledge the possibility of taunts being in the game. We have both a visual confirmation seeing Cassie do the animation, and we have someone that has played the game and interviewed Ed Boon say that taunts are in the game using that same animation as an example. To me thats more evidence for my claim than you have for yours. Just because you personally may not want taunts in the game or likethe way they work doesnt change the FACT that some character variations will have them. And after all the evidence I have to support my claim I thought we could turn this thread into a discussion about taunts since they seem to have more uses than just style since they are variation specific but you would rather just not get off your high horse about this for some reason.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude, STFU really, i'm not acknowledging anything.
Come on, you don't have to be a dick about this.

That's truly uncalled for.

Um Im not trying to piss you off I just wanted you to acknowledge the possibility of taunts being in the game.
Don't let some of the reactions in this thread turn you off from the forums here, most people are generally okay most of the time, some people just aren't as open minded.

Speculate and and discuss all you want man, people will usually be cool with it as long as you aren't repeating something that's already been talked about.

I hope taunts are in the game and it seems like there's a good chance what you're saying is right. If they aren't, it's not a big deal, it's nothing for people to get worked up over.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Come on, you don't have to be a dick about this.

That's truly uncalled for.

Don't let some of the reactions in this thread turn you off from the forums here, most people are generally okay most of the time, some people just aren't as open minded.

Speculate and and discuss all you want man, people will usually be cool with it as long as you aren't repeating something that's already been talked about.

I hope taunts are in the game and it seems like there's a good chance what you're saying is right. If they aren't, it's not a big deal, it's nothing for people to get worked up over.

Listen to this guy, don't listen to me.

If werdoba is correct then congratulations, just pls stop bothering me with this...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Lol I'm somehow bothering him when he came to this thread with the intention of blowing me up for showing what I thought was evidence for taunts and trying to stop all discussion about them. Ugh I think I may have already contracted retinal aids.

Anyway if its okay with everyone else I would like to discuss taunts and their possible uses. Cassies' salute seems like a pretty quick animation and we know it builds meter so maybe she can throw them out every once in a while to maximize meter gaining. So what other characters do you think may have taunts and what do people seem to think they will do? I've seen kombos in Kotal Kahn's totem stance where he can call out a totem mid-kombo, do you think other characters will be able to taunt mid kombo for extra meter and style? Potentially some other buff?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I wouldn't care too much if the taunts didn't bulid meter (That would be a cool ass addition to the game),but if other taunts animation are just as fast as Cassie's Salute taunt then I went people to have a taunt(s) incorporated in there combo for extra swag. ;)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I wouldn't care too much if the taunts didn't bulid meter (That would be a cool ass addition to the game),but if other taunts animation are just as fast as Cassie's Salute taunt then I went people to have a taunt(s) incorporated in there combo for extra swag. ;)
I was trying to think of a good way to do taunts mid kombo, maybe as a way of building meter without scaling damage?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Holy shit, mid-combo taunts? That would be awesome.

Trading damage for lolswagstylin just to add a bit of salt onto your opponent.

I want that so bad.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I was trying to think of a good way to do taunts mid kombo, maybe as a way of building meter without scaling damage?
If taunts does build meter this will be great.As most know in MK9 you only build meter with specials or if your opponent is blocking your combo strings,so what would happen is you would do a combo on someone and would get like .5% of meter and like 1.5% of meter if your opponent was blocking your strings(Don't quote me on that,because I don't know the exact %). So being able to taunt mid kombo should double your meter building.Once again if it doesn't scale damage.....great,but then again I think it will scale normally.

I also think that it would be a little OP if taunts build meter ,can be use mid kombo and it ignore damage scaling.......don't you think?

Holy shit, mid-combo taunts? That would be awesome.

Trading damage for lolswagstylin just to add a bit of salt onto your opponent.

I want that so bad.
The salt inducing rage quit would be glorious my friend.

Not sure why people are getting so mad over the possibly that the game might have taunts. Doesn't matter if they build meter or not. Doesn't matter if they serve a purpose or not. Doesn't matter if MK9 had taunts or not. NRS does whatever they want and whatever the fans want to see.

Some people really want taunts. And I guess Eddy Wang isn't one of them lol.