What's new

Taunts Possibly in MKX

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Maybe it is just the startup animation for the missiles she calls and she cancelled out of it before the move came out? Maybe the startup for that move has a few animations at random?
She does the start up for missiles right after though and its her touching her bluetooth not a salute. The salute seems like a whole animation and not one that was cancelled too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
People know this is a special move though? What if taunt builds meter
Because this is not street fighter, and i'm pretty sure we don't have anyone with the Dan's system.

Aside from that its imprinted in the core gameplay of MK, all special moves slightly builds meter upon execution, whiffed normals, and random moves do not build meter uppon execution any other attack that forces characters to block it post use also builds meter, it can be either special moves or Normals, or even strings.

In MKX characters talk to each other when they do stuff, and there is no need of special command for that, Kotal Kahn will taunt his opponent everytime he performs a throw.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nope he doesn't know what "confirmed" means I just wasted my time coming to this thread wanting to see kotal khans taunt only to find this -_-
He is an "unbeliever" this thread will only stay open "temporarily", of course it will "die" in the netherrealm.

as soon as someone tags Mikemetroid into this thread.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Because this is not street fighter, and i'm pretty sure we don't have anyone with the Dan's system.

Aside from that its imprinted in the core gameplay of MK, all special moves slightly builds meter upon execution, whiffed normals, and random moves do not build meter uppon execution any other attack that forces characters to block it post use also builds meter, it can be either special moves or Normals, or even strings.

In MKX characters talk to each other when they do stuff, and there is no need of special command for that, Kotal Kahn will taunt his opponent everytime he performs a throw.
This is a new game though... has anyone seen Cassie's special input in the moves list for this meter building special? If not then it could easily be a taunt, and since this is the first time taunts are being added there could easily be a universal meter building aspect to them so they aren't useless like switch stance button was.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is a new game though... has anyone seen Cassie's special input in the moves list for this meter building special? If not then it could easily be a taunt, and since this is the first time taunts are being added there could easily be a universal meter building aspect to them so they aren't useless like switch stance button was.
guys, i give up, i'm heading out.

I'm not even sure if you played mk9 so...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Maybe it is just the startup animation for the missiles she calls and she cancelled out of it before the move came out? Maybe the startup for that move has a few animations at random?
No because the command for missiles are most likely Down,Down+ something because you see Cassie teabag before she called the missiles.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well, at least the thread title has been changed.
Its still missleading, same as the OP

The OP claims to be a new game, yes it is, but its a new game combined with both MK9 and IGAU mechanics, the Button mapping is the same as MK9 and 2% IGAU
  • Front and Back Punches and Kicks, Block (r2) Interactables button (R1), Throw (L1) Stance Switch (L2)
The Meter is the same as MK9, the meter build system is the same as MK9 and IGAU together
  • 3 levels of meter
  • No one starts with 1 bar like in IGAU, but the meter award system on first hit from MK9 is still present
IGAU Deathtroke and Harley had taunts that buffed their power, Quan Chi in MK9 had a taunt move that buffed his power
  • Deathstroke Trait
  • Harley Trait
  • Quan Random buff from Skeletal Boost
Cassie "The American Way" is no different, the Stance Switch is still there, the 3rd variation of Cassie is Called Spec-ops, adds air assault and the american way, tho is not yet shown what it does, she clearly performs a special move that can't interrupt or cancel, you have to commit, same as Deathstroke's trait, Harley Trait, and Quan's Skeletal boost.

The op is not even speculating, he just saw the move, didn't analyze all parameters linked to them, as the fact that it takes hella long to complete like all previous moves paulo already programed in IGAU and mk9, didn't noticed that slighly builds special like a special move, which is why he is claming taunt now builds meter, and is throwing random thoughs in thin air. He didn't do his Homework.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Its still missleading, same as the OP

The OP claims to be a new game, yes it is, but its a new game combined with both MK9 and IGAU mechanics, the Button mapping is the same as MK9 and 2% IGAU
  • Front and Back Punches and Kicks, Block (r2) Interactables button (R1), Throw (L1) Stance Switch (L2)
The Meter is the same as MK9, the meter build system is the same as MK9 and IGAU together
  • 3 levels of meter
  • No one starts with 1 bar like in IGAU, but the meter award system on first hit from MK9 is still present
IGAU Deathtroke and Harley had taunts that buffed their power, Quan Chi in MK9 had a taunt move that buffed his power
  • Deathstroke Trait
  • Harley Trait
  • Quan Random buff from Skeletal Boost
Cassie "The American Way" is no different, the Stance Switch is still there, the 3rd variation of Cassie is Called Spec-ops, adds air assault and the american way, tho is not yet shown what it does, she clearly performs a special move that can't interrupt or cancel, you have to commit, same as Deathstroke's trait, Harley Trait, and Quan's Skeletal boost.

The op is not even speculating, he just saw the move, didn't analyze all parameters linked to them, as the fact that it takes hella long to complete like all previous moves paulo already programed in IGAU and mk9, didn't noticed that slighly builds special like a special move, which is why he is claming taunt now builds meter, and is throwing random thoughs in thin air. He didn't do his Homework.
Um Deathstroke and Harley trait, and Quan boosts all have visual and audio ques that go along with the animation, Cassies did not, it was an uninterruptible but short animation, about the length of a taunt if the game were to have one (those were the parameters I analyzed). You still haven't said whether or not American way was even shown in the moves list or not because other than the meter burning no other buff was detected either, and I doubt it does nothing but build meter. I thought I was just speculating based on some evidence I saw but you can go ahead and tell me you knew the intentions of my thread better than me.

And to address your earlier comment; no I did not play MK9 competetively but my ability to play MK9 competitively is completely irrelevant to my ability to use context clues in a video with a little imagination. Sheeesh with MKX coming out you would have thought this community would learn how to welcome new comers to the site but nope if you're not already established you get shot down immediately huh?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Um Deathstroke and Harley trait, and Quan boosts all have visual and audio ques that go along with the animation, Cassies did not, it was an uninterruptible but short animation, about the length of a taunt if the game were to have one (those were the parameters I analyzed). You still haven't said whether or not American way was even shown in the moves list or not because other than the meter burning no other buff was detected either, and I doubt it does nothing but build meter. I thought I was just speculating based on some evidence I saw but you can go ahead and tell me you knew the intentions of my thread better than me.

And to address your earlier comment; no I did not play MK9 competetively but my ability to play MK9 competitively is completely irrelevant to my ability to use context clues in a video with a little imagination. Sheeesh with MKX coming out you would have thought this community would learn how to welcome new comers to the site but nope if you're not already established you get shot down immediately huh?
No, not at all, the fact that you did not played mk9 made your thread half irrelevant because you clearly have no clue how the game works, that alone should have been enough to have this thread closed, and MKX is half MK9 and like 5% IGAU, the audio doesn't have to do nothing with me move, if it builds meter upon execution is a special move, that is not a hard concept to understand, its a MK9 Concept, of a game you did not played competitively, since its a model NRS has been improving since MK9, only special moves build meter when executed it doesn't matter if hits the character or not.

And yes the move is Cassie Spec-ops Specific it says on her variation: Adds Air Assault & The American Way. to Cassie's Moveset. You don't need to imagine anything when is stated on the game

I really don't thrust the likes of you to balance NRS games, its because of ppl like you that half of characters later on turn out like shit.

Welcome to TYM, where everyone plays competitively and if you don't your opinion doesn't matter. If you have ideas of creating characters like Khrome who has dural look alike, your opinions doesn't matter. Where posts are mistaken with emotional contents and all is raged assumed because someone else didn't agreed with your opinion, or because you were wrong from the start, someone tried to talk you some sense and you raged.

Welcome

Wetdoba

All too easy...
No, not at all, the fact that you did not played mk9 made your thread half irrelevant because you clearly have no clue how the game works, that alone should have been enough to have this thread closed, and MKX is half MK9 and like 5% IGAU, the audio doesn't have to do nothing with me move, if it builds meter upon execution is a special move, that is not a hard concept to understand, its a MK9 Concept, of a game you did not played competitively, since its a model NRS has been improving since MK9, only special moves build meter when executed it doesn't matter if hits the character or not.

And yes the move is Cassie Spec-ops Specific it says on her variation: Adds Air Assault & The American Way. to Cassie's Moveset. You don't need to imagine anything when is stated on the game

I really don't thrust the likes of you to balance NRS games, its because of ppl like you that half of characters later on turn out like shit.

Welcome to TYM, where everyone plays competitively and if you don't your opinion doesn't matter. If you have ideas of creating characters like Khrome who has dural look alike, your opinions doesn't matter. Where posts are mistaken with emotional contents and all is raged assumed because someone else didn't agreed with your opinion, or because you were wrong from the start, someone tried to talk you some sense and you raged.

Welcome
I know that only specials built meter in MK9 but who are you to say that if taunts were in MKX they wouldn't build meter? The fact that MKX is a mix between IGAU and MK( has nothing to do with whether or not taunts would use meter because taunts were in neither so how they work would be a strictly MKX concept. And my concern with Cassie is that who confirmed the American Way was that animation? I also don't know how you know my opinions on balancing from any of this either or how that's relevant but ok.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know that only specials built meter in MK9 but who are you to say that if taunts were in MKX they wouldn't build meter? The fact that MKX is a mix between IGAU and MK( has nothing to do with whether or not taunts would use meter because taunts were in neither so how they work would be a strictly MKX concept. And my concern with Cassie is that who confirmed the American Way was that animation? I also don't know how you know my opinions on balancing from any of this either or how that's relevant but ok.
Dude, we had over 100 peoples like that in the forum, and we still do. I'm really sorry this had to turn out like this or that you were caught in the middle of such bullshit.

in any case, i will stop now, i told you what the american way is, i showed you a thread of Cassie Breakdown, any other than that i won't bother anymore because i hate keyboard fighting, and is not something i really spend my life doing, or running behind ppl to make sense, i'm not that desperate, its your call from here in out, there is basically no taunts in MKX so far, not from the way you're reffering to.

Welcome and have a good day.;)

Sheeesh with MKX coming out you would have thought this community would learn how to welcome new comers to the site but nope if you're not already established you get shot down immediately huh?
Welcome to this place of knowledge, chaos, and drama that puts the TNT channel to shame.
The actions of one person do not, and should not, speak for the whole community. Otherwise, this "community" has a severe identity crisis.

As for the topic: It's all speculation as of now. I don't know if there are taunts, but I wouldn't mind if they were in MKX.