What's new

Target Acquired : Sektor Combo Thread

Sektroll

Noob
No, I meant b3 b4. Sektroll referenced the TU b2 1 b3 4 combo and I can't land the b3 4 worth crap.
Everything has to be done as soon as possible. How quickly you can do the b2,1 after the TU is what will determine if the opp is close enough for the b3,4 to land/high enough for the b3,4 to land. I made sure to note that it is not practical. I also do not know at this time if it is easier depending on how fat the opp char hitbox is or not. Like trying it on a tiny hitbox, Reptile, as opposed to a fat hitbox, Noob, and seeing which is easier if either is easier than the other.

Creepy00

Noob
In the corner the combo works wonders, the timing is just before he was about to land. While midscreen, as soon you teleport , right away you need to do <- 2,1 then it connects with <- 3,4, The timing is strict and just like sektroll said , it is impratical, and heavily punishable.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I can consistently pull it off offline in training, but it's not worth the hassle trying it online atm. It's a fantastic combo though.

DaeDraug

Noob
Oh, my combo was noticed, that's nice. :D
It's actually quite practical , I can land it consistently offline. b+2 must be done as soon as Sek recovery from TP.

Oh, and one thing. Don't even bother trying to land this online - it will whiff more often than not.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like doing a few, mainly his JK, teleport, JK, teleport in quick situations and to gain distance with his zoning game. Up missle, straight, jump ins I love to do or into throws.

One of my favs is jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, enhanced Teleport, dash in, 1, 1, missle does 38% you can also do a few other options like JK teleport, or into flames

And one of my favorite x-ray combos is jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, teleport, 1(juggle), X-ray does 46%, sometimes 47% depending on who you do it on I've noticed

Sektor is awesome, I just sometimes don't use him as much online due to lag but he's awesome.

Creepy00

Noob
I like doing a few, mainly his JK, teleport, JK, teleport in quick situations and to gain distance with his zoning game. Up missle, straight, jump ins I love to do or into throws.

One of my favs is jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, enhanced Teleport, dash in, 1, 1, missle does 38% you can also do a few other options like JK teleport, or into flames

And one of my favorite x-ray combos is jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, teleport, 1(juggle), X-ray does 46%, sometimes 47% depending on who you do it on I've noticed

Sektor is awesome, I just sometimes don't use him as much online due to lag but he's awesome.
How safe is the second combo?
i normally do 2,2, gravity squeeze, jk, teleport, 2,2 xray It does 54%
I dont really explore Ermac that much outside his Bnb combos.

Yeah Sektor is great because you can combo his TU into ALOT of his moves. I usually go for 12b1 f44 tu j.k extu b2 flamethrower online for 44% but if there is some lag i just do the 12b1 j.k tu j.k extu b21. for decent 1 meter damage. I have just been getting use to doing his instant TU (where u jump and immediately TU--good against zoners) and saw that Daedrug (or maybe it was Sektroll ?) posted that you can do can combo b34 after b21 after a regular teleport or after 12b1 instant TU. So for his most damaging combo (without upmissle or j.p starter) is 48% 1 meter..here it is.. 12b1 InstantTU b21 b34 EXTU b2flamethrower. As for 12b1 j.k extu 11 missle for 38% you could do 12b1 j.k tu j.k extu b21 for 42% instead and is easy online. I see you are highly respected here mkf30 and i am not by any means trying to say..do this not that blah blah. im just trying to help out another Sektor player. Sektor is most efficient using his Meter for homing missles and extu. I hardly ever use his xray because i can land a faster combo (and isnt as punishable like a whiffed xray) that deals over 40% with only 1 meter. I like to sit back and zone then go in and put some homing missle pressure on the opponent and go into the Sektor ^3 guessing game that leads into 30-40% combos. Almost never fails unless the opponent guesses correctly on what mix up im about to use. Also you could try getting use to j.k tu f44 tu for 26% instead of j.k tu j.k tu for 21%. Also for a bit more damage then b2b1 for a combo ender you can do b2flamethrower. Just input it like this --> b2 f and the flamethrower should come out if you did it quick enough. Love the hype for this thread! keep it up guys.

Oh on a side note for one of his combos, you can replace the second j.k for a b34 (scales to the same amount of damage in the end though :( just looks cooler and imo is easier to land then the j.k)it goes 12b1 f44 tu b34 extu b2flamethrower

oh and also for his easy most practical and damaging no meter combo off of 12b1..you can do 12b1 f44 tu b34 tu for 36%

IMHO, there is no reason to land 20-30% combo when u can get more. I suffer greatly from trying to get into good players face (when I need to regain advantage), so when I manage to do it it's essential to benefit maximally from it.

Absolute easiest, I would say EXTU+uppercut (waste like hell, usable when u want to end round and u know it will deal just enough amount of dmg).

Theoretically, all Sektor combos are easy to input (except maybe for the 40% TU starter combo, mentioned earlier. Online). It's harder to maintain, when some1 know the basics of sektor and/or guess right. The only real situation to unleash combo confidently is guessing game after homing missle launch, or some major enemy mistake. That's how I feel at least :p

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
VERY nice combos guys...but what would you say is the absolute easiest combo to pull off for damage over 20%?
like^ said sektors combos arn't exactly hard but if your really that new then theres no way you can mess up anything to TU into b21 lol.

I actually have quite a bit of trouble doing sektors combos online that use an ex teleport, either the last teleport doesnt take them high enough of i get nothing after the jump kick. I know its online but just somewhat annoying when I could have finished them off but nothing comes out and I'm playing characters like reptile, csz, even skorpion and I can still usually do their combos in lag.

Ah well I don't mind using more metre on homing missles anyway :)

Thanks for replies. Here's a video for anyone new to Sektor like me...although it doesn't really state the exact inputs for the combos
EDIT: Video not made by me and I do not own video.

MKF30

How safe is the second combo?
i normally do 2,2, gravity squeeze, jk, teleport, 2,2 xray It does 54%
I dont really explore Ermac that much outside his Bnb combos.
lol was about to say man ^ wrong character haha. :p all good. But yeah I have some nice 38%-44% with Ermac on one meter or two and a 50%, 51%, 54% and 55%. Sometimes 57% depending on character I've noticed, but since they took his 22TKS out, I do his 131 with still does 50% minimum.

@SektorCyrax, I'll have to try that out man the one you listed for 42%. Also, I like to do jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, teleport uppercut, JK, enhanced TU, JK, TU does 12 hits like 40% not bad at all lol. Nice combos though man, yeah I have a 34%, 35% and one 38% without meter with the jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, TU, (pause) 1, 1, 1, B+1 but the timing is a little tricky but it's nice because it pushes you back from your foe giving you zoning distance :)

It's cool to see everyone in here has totally different tactics, combos and such with Sektor.

Creepy00

Noob
lol was about to say man ^ wrong character haha. :p all good. But yeah I have some nice 38%-44% with Ermac on one meter or two and a 50%, 51%, 54% and 55%. Sometimes 57% depending on character I've noticed, but since they took his 22TKS out, I do his 131 with still does 50% minimum.

@SektorCyrax, I'll have to try that out man the one you listed for 42%. Also, I like to do jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, teleport uppercut, JK, enhanced TU, JK, TU does 12 hits like 40% not bad at all lol. Nice combos though man, yeah I have a 34%, 35% and one 38% without meter with the jump in 1, 1, 2, B+1, JK, TU, (pause) 1, 1, 1, B+1 but the timing is a little tricky but it's nice because it pushes you back from your foe giving you zoning distance :)

It's cool to see everyone in here has totally different tactics, combos and such with Sektor.
No, my fault :p You profile pic made me think we were talking about ermac lol. Now i need a mod to delete my ermac comment before i get blown up

MKF30

Dude you can edit it man ^ just go to edit post and remove what you wish :) it's all good though and an honest mistake.

So what exactly is the meter-less bnb of choice at this point (post-patch and everything)? I've been doing 1,2,b.1,f.4,4~TU,b.2~Burner for 36%. Is there something better than this, something that is reliable?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So what exactly is the meter-less bnb of choice at this point (post-patch and everything)? I've been doing 1,2,b.1,f.4,4~TU,b.2~Burner for 36%. Is there something better than this, something that is reliable?
1,2,b+1, back jump kick~Tele-Upper, b+2,1, dash 1,2~Flamethrower 41%

you can only connect that combo apocalypse if you do an itu after 12b1 (not a jump kick)

itu is an instant teleport where you press up and just as sketor lifts off the ground you do a TU. Otherwise the dash 12 won't connect after the b21

you can only connect that combo apocalypse if you do an itu after 12b1 (not a jump kick)

itu is an instant teleport where you press up and just as sketor lifts off the ground you do a TU. Otherwise the dash 12 won't connect after the b21
So jumping and doing instant TU is actually faster than doing TU, or does it just launch the opponent higher?

the regular TU is too slow to hit after 12b1 (unless you j.k of course, but cant do the b21 dash 12 part if you j.k) so you have to barely jump off the ground to perform the faster instant teleport

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm pretty sure it works including the jump kick but if not, try 1,1~Flamethrower instead of 1,2