What's new

General/Other - Pyromancer Tanya Pyromancer Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tanya experts, how are you guys feeling about this variation? Is it a core type of variation or a MU dependent variation?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tanya was intended to be a walking mixup game. She's very unsafe on a lot of her options you just have to understand her to see this. Shroud is only truly fearsome on hit, even though it does give slight advantage on block, for the most part you can either crush, low profile or move out of the followup on block depending on your tools.

Teleport is also unsafe and only truly fearsome if you read it wrong. Try dashing out of it.
I think her teleport change roles according to the variation she is playing, all though its a great mobility tool that can make her move at any distance from instant air teleport, its incredibly fearsome in the dragon naginata variation as well, since she can go into pogo stance out of any teleport and vice versa.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Interesting, why do you think that?
Shround pressure is really good, aside the gift of interrupting gaps with ex shroud is asking yourself to get a massive damage payback if you wrongly block her mixup into fireballs, she can F2~shroud or F2~teleport~j2~f2~shroud, guess what happens if J2 hits out of teleport?

Kobujutsu and Dragon Naginata aren't far behind though, i think she is extremely viable and equally weird in all 3 variation, her BF4, B3 and DB4 put on some real range pressure at certain opponents as well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Interesting, why do you think that?
Shround pressure is really good, aside the gift of interrupting gaps with ex shroud is asking yourself to get a massive damage payback if you wrongly block her mixup into fireballs, she can F2~shroud or F2~teleport~j2~f2~shroud, guess what happens if J2 hits out of teleport?

Kobujutsu and Dragon Naginata aren't far behind though, i think she is extremely viable and equally weird in all 3 variation, her BF4, B3 and DB4 put on some real range pressure at certain opponents as well.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm finding that all three variations are excellent and I tend to swap based on MU. Pyromancer is especially great when I want to play keepaway, which is usually hard to do in MKX.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How does this optionselect thing work? I'm thinking
OS between
1. Teleport and Shroud on f2
and
2. b312 / b31shroud

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just so you fools know...

b+3,1,2 has two gaps.

Only some armor EX special moves can interrupt in between b+3 and 1, but all can interrupt in between 1 and 2.

The second hit of b+3,1 has an inconsistent hitbox and whiffs randomly.

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
Pyromancer is a really balanced variation that can work with any play style, I feel. The fireballs and teleporting helps with zoning and she's no slouch up close either.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Can someone explain me why i do the same damage with/without MB version of shroud? It says it do more damage but for sure for example B312 do the same 23% with both versions activated ...

Can someone explain me why i do the same damage with/without MB version of shroud? It says it do more damage but for sure for example B312 do the same 23% with both versions activated ...
the damage of a fireball type move is not impacted by the shroud being metre burned or not the only difference between the MB shroud and non MB shroud is armor and 2% dmg increase on the initial shroud hit itself.

Ardul

Noob
Having problem with teleport->jnp. I do as it was uf+1. I'm playing Pc version, without last update.

EDIT--
Nice, input is teleport~d
EDIT2--

Nothing new but there are in one video now:

Last edited:

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
-4 on block is accurate.
At the moment, I would say Pyromancer > Kobu Jutsu > Dragon Naginata.
I'd like to know why you think this as well.
Pyro is very lacking since the new nerf (even though I feel it's warranted), she doesn't really have any pressure game, she's still safe with shroud/teleport but it won't be long before people adjust to the changes and start punishing her at every opportunity, she'll won't be tournament viable at all, however with Kobu Jutsu's 9 frame mid+overhead, Tonfa combo's being safe when delayed (meterless) and a + on block projectile for more chip damage and meter gain, the synergy is still very strong.

I honestly can't speak for DN but KJ should still be by far the best variation, considering she wasn't very dependent on teleports to begin with.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'd like to know why you think this as well.
Pyro is very lacking since the new nerf (even though I feel it's warranted), she doesn't really have any pressure game, she's still safe with shroud/teleport but it won't be long before people adjust to the changes and start punishing her at every opportunity, she'll won't be tournament viable at all, however with Kobu Jutsu's 9 frame mid+overhead, Tonfa combo's being safe when delayed (meterless) and a + on block projectile for more chip damage and meter gain, the synergy is still very strong.

I honestly can't speak for DN but KJ should still be by far the best variation, considering she wasn't very dependent on teleports to begin with.
Having a Safe armored move will always prevent people from punishing you, as you can cancel anything into it(including empty teles).

Her zoning is still decent, just not as good.

She went from a straight up zoning character to a more footsie oriented character. She is not nearly as good as KJ imo but to say she isnt viable for tournaments is a bit of a stretch.