What's new

Guide - Dragon Naginata Tanya Dragon Naginata Full Advanced Guide + Combos + Setups + Tech

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
The more I play his variation, the more I feel it was developed with her original tele in mind.

Do you think it would be OP to give it back for this variation (or something like it)?

The more I play his variation, the more I feel it was developed with her original tele in mind.

Do you think it would be OP to give it back for this variation (or something like it)?
no, because the variation was designed around the teleport. if it had invincible teleport and pressure after tele ji, this variation would actually be A tier... but it is around bottom 5 variations of the game. its just pure gimmik, and people dont know how to deal with it.

I agree, they took everything from Tanya. Ive been using Dragon Naginata since day 1 and its been a decline ever since. I would like to have invisibility on teleports because everybody has invisibility frames during the teleport duration. Its like a glorified air dash more than anything

I agree, they took everything from Tanya. Ive been using Dragon Naginata since day 1 and its been a decline ever since. I would like to have invisibility on teleports because everybody has invisibility frames during the teleport duration. Its like a glorified air dash more than anything
i dont care about invincible teleports as in invincible air teleports, i care about ground ones to get out of pressure and punish them with instant pogo stance. for example to escape Ko'Tal Kahn's gaps with teleport and punish it with pogo. makes sense i hope

i dont care about invincible teleports as in invincible air teleports, i care about ground ones to get out of pressure and punish them with instant pogo stance. for example to escape Ko'Tal Kahn's gaps with teleport and punish it with pogo. makes sense i hope
This is a cool idea and even if it costs a bar , it would really help her out

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Honestly how practical is b31 telepogo? It seems like its goid but the link is so dumb its not worth it. How consistent do you hit it?

Honestly how practical is b31 telepogo? It seems like its goid but the link is so dumb its not worth it. How consistent do you hit it?
6/10 times its pain i know, but i go for ex tele most of the time and combo, and if the block i do the biggest gimmik. B31ex tele ji2 tele ji2 pogo 4 lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
6/10 times its pain i know, but i go for ex tele most of the time and combo, and if the block i do the biggest gimmik. B31ex tele ji2 tele ji2 pogo 4 lol
Like imagine if it were easier.

Shed have a small vortex.

B31 tele pogo pogo j2 24 (+18) then you go for for b31 or iaPogo pogo j2 24 they each do like 20-22%

Great kombos!

I'm having a lot of trouble landing the jump-in-punch after the double pogo at the beginning of the kombos. I can consistenly pull off every other part of the kombos but can't link them together without landing that punch. Any advice on this? Thanks!

Great kombos!

I'm having a lot of trouble landing the jump-in-punch after the double pogo at the beginning of the kombos. I can consistenly pull off every other part of the kombos but can't link them together without landing that punch. Any advice on this? Thanks!
Personally, I don't do the punch just the pogo hits. Still nets amazing damage.

Would any of you Tanya mains still recommend dn Tanya after the nerfs? I'm gunna pick her up regardless she is a lot of fun to play with just want to know where you guys stand with her now that it's been a month since the patch

Great kombos!

wait until shes kind of low to the ground to do the jump in. it requires strict timing, practice it and you will be fine.
Would any of you Tanya mains still recommend dn Tanya after the nerfs? I'm gunna pick her up regardless she is a lot of fun to play with just want to know where you guys stand with her now that it's been a month since the patch
no lol dragon naginata is not good, too much execution for very little payoff.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."

Lol as much as I hate to say it, Draginata was pretty non-recommendable the moment the first patch came out. Still fun to use though, just a....lot of work to win. :p:cool: