What's new

Guide - Dragon Naginata Tanya Dragon Naginata Full Advanced Guide + Combos + Setups + Tech

Yeah that's cool, but the combos posted were just the ones with updated damage so I see nothing wrong.

Great guide btw. I wouldn't have even come up with any of these. I've been using this variation more as it's quite fun once you get used to it.
No he did it because of updated damage, didnt add any of his own combos. This is a Tanya guide with my combos, there are other threads which involves tanyas combos. If you want to contribute your own, please post them there. Thank you for the guide compliment. :)

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
No he did it because of updated damage, didnt add any of his own combos. This is a Tanya guide with my combos, there are other threads which involves tanyas combos. If you want to contribute your own, please post them there. Thank you for the guide compliment. :)
I know, that's just what I said; he posted updated combo damage lol. I posted one of my own which I'll save for the other threads.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
@Vak Phoenix This is amazing!!!!! This will help so many people! I feel like more people will consider using Draginata because of this! (Lol now I won't be a special case anymore :oops:) but this is great!

OH YEAH!!!! Take that Draginata haters!!!!!
TEAM DRAGON NAGINATA ALL THE WAY!
:p

yh. njp defeats all the options she has out of it. theres no escape. am looking for a way to be safe after it. I think if her b2 was safe like -13 or -10 and a way to escape after you get the pogo stance blocked she would be a super good char - like A+ or A-

Yh. I picked it up a while a go, used it for a day without a game plan then dropped it. Picked it up yesterday and it's awesome. It's just sooo good. Now that I have a game plan and my combos down. I love it.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
This is a really cool / fun variation but I am finding execution in DN really challenging. Getting combos off tele to 2x pogo is killing me!!! I can't even get 2x pogo by itself to work half the time lol.

At the moment I am no where near bringing her out of the lab dammit but I will keep trying though!

Edit: Can you suggest really easy 1 pogo combos in the meantime to get her out of practice mode? I don't care about max damage at this stage, I just want to get used to playing her and getting her spacing etc down. Once I get used to that, I think I will have an easier time learning her proper B+B's.

Last edited:
Yh. It's that hard at first. Am still like 70% on it. Going into the Pogo after a tele is a problem. Coming down from. It is a problem. It's annoying

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I play on both. I think PC more.Ilol. I love the pc version. Wbu?
Yeah I'm surprised u still play on PC more lol. That old netcode kills me. We should play this week and do Tanya mirrors. U do know who this is right lol

This is a really cool / fun variation but I am finding execution in DN really challenging. Getting combos off tele to 2x pogo is killing me!!! I can't even get 2x pogo by itself to work half the time lol.

At the moment I am no where near bringing her out of the lab dammit but I will keep trying though!

Edit: Can you suggest really easy 1 pogo combos in the meantime to get her out of practice mode? I don't care about max damage at this stage, I just want to get used to playing her and getting her spacing etc down. Once I get used to that, I think I will have an easier time learning her proper B+B's.
The pogo takes time to master. I suggest just focusing on that right now more than her BnBs because it's the core of her combos. If anything, substitute the combos here by removing the pogo and just using teleport in place if its listed as an extension.

Yh. It's that hard at first. Am still like 70% on it. Going into the Pogo after a tele is a problem. Coming down from. It is a problem. It's annoying
The trick is inputting the pogo input immediately after you do the teleport. It can be tricky but once you recognize how to make the pogo click with the combos it'll become second nature.

Once you get that down, try doing a combo that utilizes instant pogos by doing a JIP, pogo, JIP, pogo; THOSE are difficult lol

f4 cannot be cancelled into a special move, you mean standing 4? and nice combo, please post them in Dragon Naginata combo thread of Tanya. ;)

nope, none of them are plus. only f2 which is around +2 or 3. and that one is universal.
Ok thanks, I always do f2/112/ b32 tele cancels, I dunno how minus the others are.