What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya Tanya Buff thread

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Apparently we're 'crybabies' for wanting Kobu nerfed, which was justified of you ask me. Most of exploiting Kobu's gaps seemed to come from either the Kobu player committing to everything and not baiting any reversals and stuff or doing something that require you to make a really hard read.

In any case, I do agree that Tanya was overly nerfed. Kobu's damage wasn't anything people seemed to have a problem with and some of the other changes were questionable as well.

Apparently we're 'crybabies' for wanting Kobu nerfed, which was justified of you ask me. Most of exploiting Kobu's gaps seemed to come from either the Kobu player committing to everything and not baiting any reversals and stuff or doing something that require you to make a really hard read.

In any case, I do agree that Tanya was overly nerfed. Kobu's damage wasn't anything people seemed to have a problem with and some of the other changes were questionable as well.
I saw literally 1 person complain about the damage.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Universal
- 112, f2, 34, and b31 have more hit advantage
- Active frames off a Tele cancel doesn't cause b3 or f2 to teleport
- 6f D1 or D3

Kobu Jutsu
- 34 cancels on first available frame
- ex rekka has its armor back
- ex tonfa toss has more hit advantage

Pyromancer
- full screen fireballs should be +
- ex shroud into grab should trigger a fire animation and do 16%

Dragon Naginata
- add a new animation for d4 +b4
- ex bf2 should have armor
- more hit advantage on pogo stance d2

Honestly, if we recieved the universal buffs all these variations would gain from them. Consistent bnbs to pressuring off hit.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Universal
6f d1 and 3
Faster s1 (she has t-rex arms)
normal 34,why did they nerf that lol ? Kobu didn't even use it
gap removed from b312 !!!!!!

Pyro
Shroud restands (Why not, aliens does and does dmd over time)
fireballs even less recovery (they're fine tbh but why not)
Less dmg scaling after extele
Back tele pre patch (why not)
Less recovery on IAFB (like mileena air sai)
F3 better bounce for combos

Dragon naginta
Don't have a clue

Kobu
b12+4xxdf2 gap removed
B12+4 less - on block (-6?)
Less damage scaling

I main her, think she is decent, but why get rid of kobu and make a better version in the form of alien!!!!!

Pyro
Shroud restands (Why not, aliens does and does dmd over time)
fireballs even less recovery (they're fine tbh but why not)
Less dmg scaling after extele
Back tele pre patch (why not)
Less recovery on IAFB (like mileena air sai)
F3 better bounce for combos

Dragon naginta
Don't have a clue

Kobu
b12+4xxdf2 gap removed
B12+4 less - on block (-6?)
Less damage scaling

I main her, think she is decent, but why get rid of kobu and make a better version in the form of alien!!!!!
This in addition to less frames off of F3 ex shroud stuns for combos (ground and air) Kobu significantly increased damage on ex tonfa throw. More pyro combos.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Hi, totally oblivious anti Tanya guy here.

I'm all for DN and Pyro getting buffed, but someone mentioned EX teleport having more invincibility on wake-up. Isn't that part of what made her crazy when she first came out? You'd knock her down and then it was like always her turn because you haaaaad to respect that shit.

Hi, totally oblivious anti Tanya guy here.

I'm all for DN and Pyro getting buffed, but someone mentioned EX teleport having more invincibility on wake-up. Isn't that part of what made her crazy when she first came out? You'd knock her down and then it was like always her turn because you haaaaad to respect that shit.
But what about Kobu Jutsu? That was so overly nerfed.

ArmedCalf

But what about Kobu Jutsu? That was so overly nerfed.
That's where the anti part comes in:p I'm all for the other two variations but I have no buff suggestions/no desire to create buff suggestions for Kobu. I don't know why they took away the ability to land the flipkick off of 34 in the air though - that was bananas to me.

That's where the anti part comes in:p I'm all for the other two variations but I have no buff suggestions/no desire to create buff suggestions for Kobu. I don't know why they took away the ability to land the flipkick off of 34 in the air though - that was bananas to me.
Ha. But seriously, why do that then make tarkatan?

ArmedCalf

Ha. But seriously, why do that then make tarkatan?
No idea, I'm a huge Tarkatan fan and I think that variation is dumb af. Mind ya the gaps are obvious, the 50/50 is seeable and the throw part of the rekka can be ducked. Still an insane variation though.

I'm never dropping Tanya...but at the moment you can tell she's not complete. Certainly requires various buffs for Pyro & DN on the last patch. I don't even think it would take a Tanya main to see that.
Pissed too man!!! I played her most. Now losing to Ppl at lower level all day. Nrs messed up due to pressure and haters. Their intentions were probably good but damnnnnn nerfed to death. Ask sonic fox about imbalances lol.

I don't need to ask him, i see it everyday in the practice room ;) Mediocre damage output..poor strings etc the list goes on.
If this is what nrs is gonna do the community is def gonna get smaller. Capcoms Sfv is so smooth. The more you play the better you get and it's in linear fashion uno ke Mk. But I like Mk more due to the content and characters. Tough hit. I feel ya manz.

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Buffs:
-Pyro
* Give another string similar to b312 where the fireball is included
* Make EX Shroud stack with a regular shroud or another EX shroud so that way a fireball connect will do 23 damage