What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya Tanya Buff thread

Element_

The First Element
Would love bf4 to act like the EX version of it does. But only on the first hit. So you could still have them in a combo when you did the EX version after it..and only spend one bar of meter. If you know what i mean ;) And yeah i agree with the guy above there about giving her another string...preferably another launcher.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
i would agree but all i care about is dualist buffs and fistibuffs sowie no love for tanya
Wrong thread breh

I'd like Tanya's F3 just be an automatic launcher instead of having to charge. No one will fall for the wait game unless you maybe try it on a knockdown, but even still, it's hard to make much use of it.

I do agree her nerfs make no sense when they were given to other DLC characters. Hopefully these nerfs are a temporary stage and some things get reverted. I have been seeing folks ask for Tanya buffs to Paulo and 16 Bit on Twitter, so who knows what will happen.

She does need more variation strings for DN and pyro, same for Kitana and mournful. Other characters have them, why can't Kitana and Tanya?

Wrong thread breh

I'd like Tanya's F3 just be an automatic launcher instead of having to charge. No one will fall for the wait game unless you maybe try it on a knockdown, but even still, it's hard to make much use of it.

I do agree her nerfs make no sense when they were given to other DLC characters. Hopefully these nerfs are a temporary stage and some things get reverted. I have been seeing folks ask for Tanya buffs to Paulo and 16 Bit on Twitter, so who knows what will happen.

She does need more variation strings for DN and pyro, same for Kitana and mournful. Other characters have them, why can't Kitana and Tanya?
Kobu needs hella buffs too.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Kobu needs hella buffs too.
Yes no doubt.

Her b1,2+4 should be -8 on block not -10

Gaps I'm still unsure of in that string since they're present in delayed rekkas. Sonya has gaps in b1,4 but no one ever blows it up since it's hard to react to...

Bring her old damage back, it was never an issue.

Allow 3,4 to be linked again.

If they did all of this it would kinda bring her back to how she was lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
People complain about tele having invincibly and then smoke comes along with fade

-_-
Fade is also dumb.

Lol are we really comparing fade to pre patch tele???

Pre patch tele had armor and it was invincible. Almost no recovery so it could be spammed. A combo starter. Can be used in pressure for frames traps if she canceled it. Wasn't one of the versions like 1f? And it was pretty much safe.

Fade DOESN'T have armor, DOESN'T combo, can EASILY grabbed out of and can be punished during the recovery. Also, it costs stamina. Yea the ex version has more invincibility and doesn't cost stamina but it's NOTHING like pre patch tele.

Lol I'm mad that was even a comparison

@ArmedCalf I'll cut you some slack since you agree pre patch tele is more dumb lol

Last edited:

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Lol are we really comparing fade to pre patch tele???

Pre patch tele had armor and it was invincible. Almost no recovery so it could be spammed. A combo starter. Can be used in pressure for frames traps if she canceled it. Wasn't one of the versions like 1f? And it was pretty much safe.

Fade DOESN'T have armor, DOESN'T combo, can EASILY grabbed out of and can be punished during the recovery. Also, it costs stamina. Yea the ex version has more invincibility and doesn't cost stamina but it's NOTHING like pre patch tele.

Lol I'm mad that was even a comparison

@ArmedCalf I'll cut you some slack since you agree pre patch tele is more dumb lol
Aha sorry, lemme explain my stance a bit. I'm an extremely impatient player. I will get hit with zoning, but my playstyle is also all about making you uncomfortable to press anything. I wanna play characters that just swarm you (Imposter, Tarkatan, etc). The reason I say that the two moves are similar is because there are certain instances (mainly in the corner) where fade forces you to respect Smoke on knockdown. Like there are instances where I would like to start a string on oki and I've actually had Smoke just fade right through me and full combo me. I have to think more - it's not a bad thing it just goes against how I play. I agree with you that there are waaaaaay more ways around fade than EX tele (that shit was broken), but that's the reason why I throw them in the same pile. They both force the opponent to take extra caution when they knock you down.

i just want to say that people that do not play naginata (there are only 2-3 people that play it including me) and people that do not play pyromancer (there are only 5-7 people including me) do not get to say if she is fine or not!

if you do not play the character, spend time how to fight against a character, learn the match up, you do not get a say if that character is good or not. simple

if you do not know how to deal with a character i.e dragon naginata tanya.... it does not mean that she is good.

ill give specifics about what common mistakes people make versing against naginata.
- every single pogo stance on block is a punish
- every single bf2 on block is a punish
- every single b2 on block is a punish
- b32 tele cancel is negative on block
- f42 is an overhead and is punishable
- if tanya jumps at you from full screen dont jump because she will go on pogo
- b12 has a gap and is full combo punishable

every single thing that i have listed (i am probably forgetting some minors ones) no one knows, now sure be that as it may that only 3 people play naginata, you wouldnt know those things right? but if you truly want to have something to offer (knowledge wise) please do not be lazy and hit the lab! it is not hard to record ai and practice against it. it will bring healthier and logical arguments.

p.s naginata does need saving.

Yes no doubt.

Her b1,2+4 should be -8 on block not -10

Gaps I'm still unsure of in that string since they're present in delayed rekkas. Sonya has gaps in b1,4 but no one ever blows it up since it's hard to react to...

Bring her old damage back, it was never an issue.

Allow 3,4 to be linked again.

If they did all of this it would kinda bring her back to how she was lol
Increased (significantly) damage on Ex Tonfa throw. And significantly increases damage on b12+42+3. Maybe give her a good damage meterless launcher string with tonfas? A low string preferably.

First things first (I'm the realist) tanya got killed... again.
NRS either seem to pay way too much attention to fourms or whining community members. Or don't exactly give characters the right kind of changes they actually need as well as altering things about that character that cause no problems in the past.

Her 34 getting changes I believe is the one thing everyone can agree on that it was the most unnecessary change and should be reverted back to its previous state.

Her fully charged f3 should launch properly.
People have covered most of the various re-changes she need so I won't speak my ideal changes.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Well....

No.

People flocked to Kobo because she was S+. Now, she's A tier and Tanya users hate it.

Too bad, so sad.

I play Naginata, BTW.

Wait until the current S tiers get run through the wringer. Its inevitable and Tanya will be top 5 again without even buffing her.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Tanyer was designed awfully. The reason DN and Pyro were even good when she was new was because of how full blown tarded her universal toolset was.
So yeah, she needs more of a rework than anything else.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Wrong thread breh

Characters do not have to have all the tools other characters have.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
i just want to say that people that do not play naginata (there are only 2-3 people that play it including me) and people that do not play pyromancer (there are only 5-7 people including me) do not get to say if she is fine or not!

if you do not play the character, spend time how to fight against a character, learn the match up, you do not get a say if that character is good or not. simple

if you do not know how to deal with a character i.e dragon naginata tanya.... it does not mean that she is good.

ill give specifics about what common mistakes people make versing against naginata.

every single thing that i have listed (i am probably forgetting some minors ones) no one knows, now sure be that as it may that only 3 people play naginata, you wouldnt know those things right? but if you truly want to have something to offer (knowledge wise) please do not be lazy and hit the lab! it is not hard to record ai and practice against it. it will bring healthier and logical arguments.

As much as I hate the fact that he just named my favorite variations weakness' I full on agree with you. Although, personally I really don't think she needs much saving in Draginata, but at the same time she does.......idk it's like she was designed around the teleport in that variation

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter

One of the smartest responses in the thread. No one plays as Naginata and Pyro and people think she is better than she is because they never play her. It is a massive uphill battle for both variations. They are both severely punishable and have massive weaknesses.

Pyro has massive issues. She is high risk with close to no reward. You are using a bar of meter to get mid 20's and even then, they need to be dusted for that (which is lost if someone blocks once). Her sole variation string has gaps even though it is meant to be a feature of the variation. Her fireball in the air still has terrible recovery, with a weird jump after you throw one out so it is decimated by any character with a tele attack (unlike Kitana / Mileena who can throw one randomly every now and then to bait them). She has no real legitimate normal pop up options – one has to be charged and the other now has difficult timing and relies on her T-Rex arms to start.

I am a character loyalist, so I will continue to use her, but I know that she has very little to work with. To suggest that she is fine and does not need work is ridiculous.

Element_

The First Element
One of the smartest responses in the thread. No one plays as Naginata and Pyro and people think she is better than she is because they never play her. It is a massive uphill battle for both variations. They are both severely punishable and have massive weaknesses.

Pyro has massive issues. She is high risk with close to no reward. You are using a bar of meter to get mid 20's and even then, they need to be dusted for that (which is lost if someone blocks once).
Indeed, your 2nd bar of meter may only get you around the low-mid 30's. Quite dreadful.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't like any idea about turning Pyro into a variation that relies on combos. Pyro needs better zoning and that's it. Like invincible AIR teleport (only air version) and 1% more damage on fireballs. She can be annoyingly good.
DN is only good for people who have absolutely no matchup experience. This variation needs to be safer and more consistent combos
The only problem about Kobu is the horrible damage.
My suggestions:
Universal:
Bring back old 34 cancel properties and old flip damage
Kobu Jutsu:
- Undo the damage nerf
Pyro:
- Pyro exclusive air teleport has some invincible frames. (it doesn't mean that other variations can't teleport in the air, they can but there is no invincibility)
- Ground fireball does 8%. Air fireball does 7%. Ex ground fireball does 11%
DN:
- Staff stance startup cut off by 3 frames. Hit stun increased by 3 frames. This will prevent a lot of combo drops because of random stance/distance/character specific bullshit
- B2 is less negative on block/hit and has less recovery frames
- BF2 is less negative on block (-10)
- Ex BF2 has armor.
- F42 is safe on block at -5