What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya Tanya Buff thread

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I think at this point since we're going to get at least one more patch and the fact that dragon naginita/pyro were destroyed and the fact kobu is now significantly a lot worse that it would be ok for asking for buffs to help make the character more viable. I've only been playing the character for a short while and her lack of tools really hurt her when in pyro/dragon.

General buffs
  • 6 frame D1
  • Increase speed of d+3 due to awful range(literally the same range as d+1)
  • Increase the height of f+3 and make the bounce more vertical and less horizontal
Dragon Naginita buffs
  • Staff slam( stance 1) floats the opponent vertically like sonya's ms4
  • B+2 is special cancelable to help with space control
Pyromancer
  • Ex shroud allows for a combo situation to help with her damage output
  • Fireballs increase meter build as this variation is/will be with ex shroud extremely meter hungry
I don't really play/like kobu at all but if there are some buffs to not make her as silly as she once was go for it. If anyone is going to argue about tanya with dragon/pyro just simply play the character and you'll see how bad these variations are.

exflyingbooty

I want ex shroud to restand.

Also would like f3 to bounce properly so you can actually combo nicely afterwards.

Pre-patch 34 (or is it 43?) too please. Why they nerfed it I have no idea.

The sad thing is that pyro is probably her best variation atm :/
I'd prefer for ex shroud in continue with a combo such a standing reset because the damage output i found isn't that good and f+3 is somewhat reactable when fully charged lol

For Kobu-
B12+4 now does it original damage
Ex Tonfa does increased significantly more damage and has its original recovery.
B12+42+3 now does increased damage.
A low-mid pop up string.
In addition to the other general buffs, drill kick and and flip kick now do it's original damage. F3 is now down to 17 frames.

exflyingbooty

Shes not gonna get buffed, crybabies got what they wanted. The "buffs" she got in naginata were pointless, who uses diagonal 2? Lol and the amount of stealth nerfs on here were ridiculous. I dont see her getting buffed at all.
I think if the community realizes she bad at this point there's a small chance she might get buffed as of right now, i've been told by a few people not to purchase her due to the fact she's horrible besides it doesn't hurt to try.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'd like to see her buffed but the chances of it happening are likely low. Unless sonic fox has some say in it (I heard he got GM Sub nerfed at some point) or mass numbers complain for a buff, she'll likely stay the way she is.

I do agree she needs specific strings for pyro and DN, it's dumb she has none (I feel the same about mournful).

I too would like to see the shroud comboable. Isn't that the point of it?

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
Draginata: I personally think Draginata is fine. The buffs help but really are more like a luxury.

Pyromancer: strings!!!! Give this hoe more strings!!!!!

General:.......Even though it only effects me in Draginata, I would really like for her 3,4 combo to go back to how it originally was. The new version combos wierd to me.....

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I hate that NRS caters to cry babies and kill off good characters with harse nerfs. I really dont know is in charge of actual balance, cause we really need to get it together. Seriously, you gave Alien Tanya rekkas then made them safe, and nerf Tanya then made her unsafe. Next MK Kast everyone hashtag #TanyaMainsMatter

Off topic rant:
Complete shitting on MK lore fighters to sell guest characters. Unbelievable really. You took a BIG, crap on O.G. Baraka! Killed him off to merge with alien?? Where is the Baraka love?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
If one more person says that ex shroud should restand I'm gonna smack them. Because what would Tanya get from that? 2 Bar 29-31% combos mid screen into a restand? It wouldn't help her because her best strings don't launch and the ones that do launch are highs that start up in 15 frames that you shouldn't be hitting unless you block Raiden's -60 overhead.

She needs more strings that interact with her damage buff in shroud.
Fix the gaps/inconsistency in her strings
Make f3 bounce in half the time it takes to charge then it does now then she'd have a true mix up
Old 3,4 cancel properties
Old damage from drill kick and cartwheel
Ex teleport having invincibility on start up instead of a millisecond in the air
Make her air low drop special more safe cause it starts up in like 30 something frames and she gets nothing from it.
Fireballs still need less recovery they only took off 2 frames and pyro still loses to other zoners/zoning.

Suggestion for better meterless options would be if her forward teleports didn't go as high in the air so she could do the big body only combos on the whole cast. Then she could actually have moderate damage like the rest of the cast.

Tanya isn't getting anymore buffs though so this thread is a moot point. The kobu hate blinded everyone else from the other two variations problems and the buffs they did receive weren't even that good and came with tons more stealth nerfs. :/

Sloth I fucking love you. 100% agree.

Also, can we please remove the gap in f43? It would give DN a proper 50/50 and seriously improve her close-up game. If Ninjutsu can have his f2 50/50 then I don't see a problem with our f4 50/50. If it connects we have enough time to run away and reset our spacing game, we can use our hit advantage to set up the f3 mixup or we can do the armor break. It would help DN a lot.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If one more person says that ex shroud should restand I'm gonna smack them. Because what would Tanya get from that? 2 Bar 29-31% combos mid screen into a restand? It wouldn't help her because her best strings don't launch and the ones that do launch are highs that start up in 15 frames that you shouldn't be hitting unless you block Raiden's -60 overhead.

She needs more strings that interact with her damage buff in shroud.
Fix the gaps/inconsistency in her strings
Make f3 bounce in half the time it takes to charge then it does now then she'd have a true mix up
Old 3,4 cancel properties
Old damage from drill kick and cartwheel
Ex teleport having invincibility on start up instead of a millisecond in the air
Make her air low drop special more safe cause it starts up in like 30 something frames and she gets nothing from it.
Fireballs still need less recovery they only took off 2 frames and pyro still loses to other zoners/zoning.

Suggestion for better meterless options would be if her forward teleports didn't go as high in the air so she could do the big body only combos on the whole cast. Then she could actually have moderate damage like the rest of the cast.

Tanya isn't getting anymore buffs though so this thread is a moot point. The kobu hate blinded everyone else from the other two variations problems and the buffs they did receive weren't even that good and came with tons more stealth nerfs. :/
Ex shroud restand would give her a 50/50 option with f3/run cancel into b3/grab

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Ex shroud restand would give her a 50/50 option with f3/run cancel into b3/grab
I know what a shroud restand would give her but to actually get it to restand the opponent needs to be floating to be restod. Her better strings don't juggle.

F3 run cancel mix ups work on bad players/those that don't know the match up. Everyone else from my scene who has fought against her knows to just block the low. If they hit with a non charged f3 it's just a knock down. There's no mix out side of low or throw. If you do a full charge of f3 then the stun from shroud runs out so there isn't a true mix up.

You are not understanding to actually get moderate damage and the restand she's spending 2 bars for 29% into a throw or low.

It's not worth it for the cost considering what others get for 1 bar or meterless. It wouldn't help her flaws

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
I still play Tanya just because I feel a little CRAZY sometimes, but no Tanya probably won't get buffed she's not liked I guess. I want to other two variations buffed but eh. I guess I'll struggle.

I know what a shroud restand would give her but to actually get it to restand the opponent needs to be floating to be restod. Her better strings don't juggle.

F3 run cancel mix ups work on bad players/those that don't know the match up. Everyone else from my scene who has fought against her knows to just block the low. If they hit with a non charged f3 it's just a knock down. There's no mix out side of low or throw. If you do a full charge of f3 then the stun from shroud runs out so there isn't a true mix up.

You are not understanding to actually get moderate damage and the restand she's spending 2 bars for 29% into a throw or low.

It's not worth it for the cost considering what others get for 1 bar or meterless. It wouldn't help her flaws
With more strings and ex shroud allowed you to combo after I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem.

exflyingbooty

I really don't understand the mentality of "nobody likes this character therefor she has to be bad". There's no reason why she can't be more viable especially with most of the cast. This thread just needs the tanya community to be a bit more vocal, that's all. We basically just have one more chance since there is going to be a patch with how busted the dlc is lol.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think kobu got murdered. But DN and pyro are decent mid tiers still.

Whoever said b2 in DN should be cancelable is dripping acid. then again, I'd agree if it scaled super tough and she didn't get much damage from it.

All I'd say Tanya needs is better plus frames on teleport cancels so she can maintain pressure.

I don't MAIN her but ive played pyro and dn since she was released