What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takedas worst match ups.

ZYZZBRAH

The rain falls where it may.
I main lasher and ronin, with ronin i don't really have bad matchups, sometimes with jax but not a huge problem, and with lasher only against Kitana and predator when they start the insane zoning, there's where i struggle the most.

I main lasher and ronin, with ronin i don't really have bad matchups, sometimes with jax but not a huge problem, and with lasher only against Kitana and predator when they start the insane zoning, there's where i struggle the most.
I think if you go ronin against kitana and Shirai ryu against HTQ you would have less problems

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think jax is his worst mu
Nah, Tanya and Liu Kang easily.

Jax wake ups don't really matter to Takeda. Jax can cover distance well with dash punch but it still doesn't make it very much easier to get in when ex kunai are in play.

Jax also can't zone vs takeda unless it's pumped up (IA ground pounds) because constant threat of teleport.

Obviously when jax gets in, its hard for takeda, yes but Takeda struggles with pressure against everybody. It's really how he approaches the neutral that matters.

Tanya just beats takeda everywhere though. He has a lot of trouble dealing with b1 and rekka pressure and doesn't reap very much from his own knock down like he would vs jax.

With Kang, takeda seriously doesn't have a place to poke whatsoever. He gets destroyed when Kang gets in and does very well in the neutral with low fireball and flying kick.

Which variation of kang?
Dragon fire. I played and watched xaraka and once he starts his offence, the nightmare begins. Takedas options after a MB fly kick are almost non existent. The only time we get to press buttons is if the Kang player decides to do follow up a MB fly kick with a b12 and doesn't spend meter to cancel the B12 into another fly kick.
Despite what others are saying in this thread, I am pretty sure there is no other character in the entire game that limits Takeda's options as much as Liu Kang. Ronin does make for a better matchup but im still in the early stages of learning it so I wont say anything on that.
And i used xaraka as an example because i have yet to see anyone else exploit the character to the extent he does.

Last edited:

mkl

Poopbutt.
Of the characters I play I'd say that SR Takeda has a lot of trouble against Tempest Kung Lao. Probably in the realm of 6:4 KL or worse. I'd definitely imagine this is in his top five worst matchups. He can't get out of the most rudimentary KL pressure, his f12 gimmicks don't work particularly well, is constantly playing catchup in meter gain, struggles to anti-air YOLO ji2s, etc.

SR Takeda destroys Blood God. Has a very slight advantage against Sun God (it really just comes down to whoever mashes their face on their oppressive buttons first). Goes even with War God since the swords add even more footsies (and far punishes on certain whip normals) and block string pressure against a character that struggles to get out of pressure.

Ronin is largely the same against Kotal but I believe that he does worse against Sun God (SR can go evenish damage wise but Ronin cannot keep up in damage) and better against War God (Yolo DP changes this matchup dramatically I think).
Never seen a Lasher in my fuckin' life.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
The thing is the variation is already really good, he doesn't really need those things to be good, he isn't as good as sr or ronin, but he definitely isn't a push over
Lasher is Okay in my books. There should be a reason to pick Lasher. Right now there is no reason to pick Lasher over Ronin or SR in any matchup. If Lasher had some type of reason ala better mixups, or safer specials, or better armor than all 3 variations would be viable in their own way.

Of the characters I play I'd say that SR Takeda has a lot of trouble against Tempest Kung Lao. Probably in the realm of 6:4 KL or worse. I'd definitely imagine this is in his top five worst matchups. He can't get out of the most rudimentary KL pressure, his f12 gimmicks don't work particularly well, is constantly playing catchup in meter gain, struggles to anti-air YOLO ji2s, etc.

SR Takeda destroys Blood God. Has a very slight advantage against Sun God (it really just comes down to whoever mashes their face on their oppressive buttons first). Goes even with War God since the swords add even more footsies (and far punishes on certain whip normals) and block string pressure against a character that struggles to get out of pressure.

Ronin is largely the same against Kotal but I believe that he does worse against Sun God (SR can go evenish damage wise but Ronin cannot keep up in damage) and better against War God (Yolo DP changes this matchup dramatically I think).
Never seen a Lasher in my fuckin' life.
SR Takeda vs Tempest Lao is not so bad in my opinion a 6-4 I think nothing worse

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lasher is Okay in my books. There should be a reason to pick Lasher. Right now there is no reason to pick Lasher over Ronin or SR in any matchup. If Lasher had some type of reason ala better mixups, or safer specials, or better armor than all 3 variations would be viable in their own way.
he has a true 50/50, he has better armor that can be converted off of for a solid 30%, his low slash is immensely helpful in certain match ups, the true 50/50 comes after B2, B2 whip trip or B21, the second hit of B21 is not reactable and whip trip also is not reactable

he has a true 50/50, he has better armor that can be converted off of for a solid 30%, his low slash is immensely helpful in certain match ups, the true 50/50 comes after B2, B2 whip trip or B21, the second hit of B21 is not reactable and whip trip also is not reactable
Doesn t ronin also have a 50/50 mixup with f122+4 blade call before the overhead?