What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takedas worst match ups.

I had to laugh reading this. I do the same, but, sometimes instead of a 50/50 I'll go for a throw.

Id really like to use a character against takeda, mainly SR. I hate that MU. Being locked down is not fun so id like to give him a taste of his own medicine.

I main Kitana, but have other characters such as:
Cassie (Hollywood)
Sonya (CO and demo)
Tanya (all variations)
Ermac (all variations)
Kotal (all variations)
Sektor
Shinnok
Learning Quan...
Don't have much exp using Liu in MUs but I'm familiar with him in general.

Since the XL update, I wanted to get an update and see if any of the characters listed would still be more in my favor over takeda?
Kitana can hail Takeda with wx sharpen in Assassin it s a 5-5 IMO war god and demo may have a slight edge over SR

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Pretty new to the game and SR Tarkeda, but is anyone else having trouble with the Sektor matchup? Played a Sektor today that ripped me, it's pretty hard to get in as I feel(and again I may be wrong as I am a novice) he out zones SR pretty well and it's hard to get in on him. I could very much well be that I'm just not familiar with the matchup, but just wondering what you more seasoned Takedas feel about it.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Pretty new to the game and SR Tarkeda, but is anyone else having trouble with the Sektor matchup? Played a Sektor today that ripped me, it's pretty hard to get in as I feel(and again I may be wrong as I am a novice) he out zones SR pretty well and it's hard to get in on him. I could very much well be that I'm just not familiar with the matchup, but just wondering what you more seasoned Takedas feel about it.

sektor match up is kinda hard for me also.. .. still learning the match up so that might be the culprit but as of right now it does seem like an up hill battle.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I just picked up Shirai Ryu a couple days ago but the lack of a 6 or 7 frame poke makes dealing with pressure hard.

So if I had to say - Jax, Kang, Johnny, Dvorah, Tarkatan?

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I dont know what you guys are talking about, I get my ass beat by Takedas all the time and i play Kang. maybe i just suck

I prolly do

I dont know what you guys are talking about, I get my ass beat by Takedas all the time and i play Kang. maybe i just suck
Switch to Flame fist it s better against Takeda even I would say

I prolly do
Use Flame fist it s better against SR the parry kind of mess up SR mid screen game and offense in general.

So far, I have the MOST trouble versus War God and Sun God Kotal. I seriously hate that matchup. I can tolerate Liu Kang, but Kotal Khan just pisses me off. I would say Kano is really bad too, but I haven't grinded that out yet at my local.
I always pick kotal for the Takeda match up. I need those advancing mids kotal has;)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Where does Takeda sit against Grandmaster sub?
I don't think he has a hard time, I just got cornered and that's where Gm thrives period so GG.

Wigy

There it is...
Takeda struggles against flame fist with b12 staggers n shit. Zoning is also a moderate issue. And you cant get away with blocked tornado roll cause he can chip you for like 12%

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
In my opinion Ronin vs Grandmaster is a 5-5 in Shiri ryu you have a slight edge and in Lasher you dominate that MU
Honestly I just let myself get cornered and didn't react to the 50/50s well enough. When I played smart it was definitely an even back and forht.

D

Deleted member 9158

So far, I have the MOST trouble versus War God and Sun God Kotal. I seriously hate that matchup. I can tolerate Liu Kang, but Kotal Khan just pisses me off. I would say Kano is really bad too, but I haven't grinded that out yet at my local.
What gives you so much trouble? I play kotal so I'm curious

Tweedy

Noob
Takeda can backdash, NJP, and D1 many characters after kunai on block, since he's -2 with pushback. However, not vs Kotal, since he has a 9 frame advancing mid, that leads to a string that catches his back dash.

You can react to whips with EX overhead, you can punish low whip in Lasher, Kotal has the best forward movement in the game and a good backdash, allowing him to whiff punish well. Kotal can do EX overhead or F3 EX overhead, which is a 50/50, and Takeda has to hold it because it option selects his armor.

Takgillo and I have played this match up a ridiculous amount of times, so I figured i'd follow up his post with one of my own. As the Kotal player I totally concur that War God could beat SR and Lasher.

However, Ronin doesn't have the same problems, really. Since he's +2 instead of -2 after blade drop, or +8 if he's picking up the blade, he's allowed more options to keep his turn. NJP is very hard to stop, D1 is a true frame trap, you can whiff punish B1 much easier, etc. The faster armor helps him on wake up. He also controls the screen well with his projectile and blade. This is definitely harder for Kotal. Probably a 5-5 or Kotal might even lose.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I forgot the biggest point for Ronin. Ronin can full combo punish B122 regular overhead sword with B2.

D

Deleted member 9158

Kotal b112 limit your options a lot in shirai Ryu when u add the mixups and the threat of the overhead sword WG can be a pain for takeda to deal with
yeah that's true, off of that you have to guess a 50/50 in WG, or eat a command grab in sun god.

Explain because I'm a day 1 Imposter main and I don't see how this isn't 5-5 or in your favor
I wrote that the day after losing to one in tournament so take it with a grain of salt.. But his pressure with that teleport was pretty crazy and any stray hit ended up in his meterles loopable vortex because he can just get rid of tornado kick and then still have enough time to go for a 50/50. I felt like I was just stuck blocking the whole time.