What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takedas worst match ups.

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
What's up TYM.
I'm posting this thread here to see your guys' views on who are takeda's worst Match ups are. So please feel free to comment, give your opinion.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Depends on the variation but my opinion is most of his bad matchups come from Shirai Ryu. Ronin and Lasher seem to compliment SR in that it covers its weak spots...

Shirai Ryu = Weakest against rush down heavy characters:
Liu Kang, Jax, Tanya, Kotal Kahn, Kano, Cassie (possible other rush down heavy characters as well)

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
Mmm I see. Cause in most cases I just struggle with quan chi, and meleena match up with SR. It could be the fact that I'm not to familar with the match up. But each time I fight one they are just getting me with attacks that I feel like shouldn't be in their favor.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Mmm I see. Cause in most cases I just struggle with quan chi, and meleena match up with SR. It could be the fact that I'm not to familar with the match up. But each time I fight one they are just getting me with attacks that I feel like shouldn't be in their favor.
I actually prefer the SR matchup vs Quan.

Mileena on the other hand I'd use any variation tbh... But the tele is always fun vs her lol

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
So far, I have the MOST trouble versus War God and Sun God Kotal. I seriously hate that matchup. I can tolerate Liu Kang, but Kotal Khan just pisses me off. I would say Kano is really bad too, but I haven't grinded that out yet at my local.

Malices' World

LOL!! @.@
So far, I have the MOST trouble versus War God and Sun God Kotal. I seriously hate that matchup. I can tolerate Liu Kang, but Kotal Khan just pisses me off. I would say Kano is really bad too, but I haven't grinded that out yet at my local.
Khan yeah I can agree on that I feel like it's more using your range against him with the whips. A good way that I found to work best with khan is using the kunai setups. I just hate the fact that khans jump in 1 is too good.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Interesting, why are you guys having trouble against rushdown characters?
Because Takeda's armor sucks.

Struggling with Quan Chi isn't really a Takeda problem, he is an everyone problem. You can zone him pretty good in SR though. B2/B21 kunai mixups are your friend. Some people would advise rushing him down and keeping him on the ground, but I find that being close to Quan means you are risking getting hit with a stray overhead/njp and into the blender you go.

Strange I actually have a lot less problems against khan particularly sun God but FF and DF destroy me

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lasher to be honest covers a lot of the other variations bad match ups aside from maybe liu kang which to be honest still not sure how bad that match up is for lasher I need more exp with it. But yeah lasher does well against ferra torr, kotal, Tanya, jax etc.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Interesting, why are you guys having trouble against rushdown characters?
I meant more so that the matchup is more difficult with SR than the other two when playing against rush down characters ... At least in my opinion...

Lasher to be honest covers a lot of the other variations bad match ups aside from maybe liu kang which to be honest still not sure how bad that match up is for lasher I need more exp with it. But yeah lasher does well against ferra torr, kotal, Tanya, jax etc.
IMO Lasher vs Liu is as bad as vs SR because of the zoning/zone control tools that liu has but ronin is good against Liu

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
I normally pick Lasher against Cassie and sometimes Jax. I haven't really played it against Kotal Khan, but I know for Blood God, I stand a pretty good chance if I pick Ronin. Everything else I mostly pick SR. If only Lasher's DF1 was an OH and Low Slash was actually a Low, that would make that variation somewhat better!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
didnt we already have one of these threads?

but i shall vote again

Kang- and Jax becuase of the match up itself
Tanya , HQT pred lao next becuase of their personal tools

kotal is all about spacing and oki .
Tremor i have switched to ronin most of the time
also with blood god i have switched to Ronin.. the pressure and the extra life i get from ex absorbing kotals ex pizzas have been helping/

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I normally pick Lasher against Cassie and sometimes Jax. I haven't really played it against Kotal Khan, but I know for Blood God, I stand a pretty good chance if I pick Ronin. Everything else I mostly pick SR. If only Lasher's DF1 was an OH and Low Slash was actually a Low, that would make that variation somewhat better!
The thing is the variation is already really good, he doesn't really need those things to be good, he isn't as good as sr or ronin, but he definitely isn't a push over

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Don t think HQT is that bad of a matchup

i dont think they are that bad either - same with lao- i mean i even go so far as to put tempest lao at 6-4 or But - i added them because i think that W/ the tools they have - they just naturally out favor takeda in almost match up tool wise... thus making the match harder . also speaking on the ability to more make mistakes - Tanya, Hqt, and lao are all really good but one of the things that do make them good is that mistakes dont hurt them as badly ( vs takeda) -but - one mistake from takeda and its corner carry into corner pressure . sometimes with little escape with takedas weak armor game.

but i would put them above cassie , shinnok, kotal. and tremor though