What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Takeda's worst match-up?

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Takedas against Jax should probably go Ronin.
Its got to be a better matchup than SR, but I would still argue that Jax is quite the uphill battle as Ronin. You still have a ton of problems with his pressure, DF1 EX only gets you so much ground when you lose half your range and low profiling wakeup EX teleport (to get out of the corner). The matchup is hilarious though, because I'd say if Jax puts Ronin in the corner, there's a good chance that round is over. Likewise, if Ronin puts Jax in the corner, there's also a good chance its over.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I eat takedas up with liu kang and jax. Unless you can react to ex flying kick its tough. Takeda has bad zoning and his pressure isnt as good as those 2. Once you get on him with df liu or jax, its over in most cases. I use takeda also and its a struggle against them,shinnok cassie and anyone with good rushdown

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sun God is a pretty bad one for Shirai Ryu too. I feel like I roll every Takeda unless they're much better than me.

ATIWAB

Noob
I eat takedas up with liu kang and jax. Unless you can react to ex flying kick its tough. Takeda has bad zoning and his pressure isnt as good as those 2. Once you get on him with df liu or jax, its over in most cases. I use takeda also and its a struggle against them,shinnok cassie and anyone with good rushdown
I can read when the kick is gonna come about 40-50% of the time and just tele around it, when I don't the recovery isn't TOO bad. I do it a few times in this game I just played. He's Dualist so the DF pressure wasn't an issue, but was waiting for a LK to pop in Ranked to show off the kick reads so this will have to do. I do the same with KL a lot on his Tele, you get an intuitive sense for when they're probably going to try it.

(was trying to extend the match a bit to read more kicks by not maximizing damage, hence excessive blocking and finishing the B21 string out instead of BF1EX combos on hit confirm and ending things in d2 instead of B21-DB3-ender on juggle, don't y'all start trying to teach me combos, now..)

Reactions: GAV
D

Deleted member 35141

Besides liu and jax also Kung Lao is a pain in the ass but who am I kidding kung Lao wins most match ups

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I can read when the kick is gonna come about 40-50% of the time and just tele around it, when I don't the recovery isn't TOO bad. I do it a few times in this game I just played. He's Dualist so the DF pressure wasn't an issue, but was waiting for a LK to pop in Ranked to show off the kick reads so this will have to do. I do the same with KL a lot on his Tele, you get an intuitive sense for when they're probably going to try it.

(was trying to extend the match a bit to read more kicks by not maximizing damage, hence excessive blocking and finishing the B21 string out instead of BF1EX combos on hit confirm and ending things in d2 instead of B21-DB3-ender on juggle, don't y'all start trying to teach me combos, now..)
This specific Liu Kang wasn't even pressuring and only used Flying Kick to get in lol... No cancels to stay in your face... no 50/50 game what so ever...

I believe all he used is the low starter on the off chance that he even attempted to rush lol... I'm assuming he didn't know how to play against Takeda or was just learning Liu Kang...

Either way... Poor Liu.. He never stood a chance.. :REO

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
This specific Liu Kang wasn't even pressuring and only used Flying Kick to get in lol... No cancels to stay in your face... no 50/50 game what so ever...

I believe all he used is the low starter on the off chance that he even attempted to rush lol... I'm assuming he didn't know how to play against Takeda or was just learning Liu Kang...

Either way... Poor Liu.. He never stood a chance.. :REO
Yeah, dude was definitely outmatched; I see a ton of LKs try to close the gap on Takeda that way as soon as they realize they're gonna get eaten the fuck alive at range with whips into spear/whips into kunai unless they can get close, predictable panic reaction.

I guess when I ask about bad matchups, I'm asking what characters are so advantageous that even average-to-intermediate players can consistently beat Takeda.

ATIWAB

Noob
a good kano or ferra/torr
Hey man! Used to play you a lot on PC before I switched to PS4.

Kano is definitely tough; F/T Ruthless is up there too, the amount of damage it can put out in such a short amount of time forces you to play really defensively after a PNG or two and it's hard to keep range advantage with the armored bf3 charge.

Any tips for Kano pressure? A few of his strings break armor, hard to get out once they get going.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
There are very few safe, armoured launchers, don't bullshit.
You're correct. I think the salt from Cassies braindead flip kick may be rotting my brain. Still , he doesn't get big enough a reward off his armor as opposed to the rest of the cast , to consider it "good"

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I fucking hate the phrase safe armored launchers, when literally only Tremor in one variation, Crystalline has one.
Cassie too , and while they may not be safe by deffinition , they are extremely hard to punish and in some cases certain characters are unable to punish some of these " safe armored launchers"

"Not really safe but not everyone can punish and you sometimes need the reactions of a God in a game where blockstun is random as shit armored launchers"

Idk if that's better

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I've been having too much fun with lasher so far I've only played these matchups casually but seems like he struggles a bit against ermac, tremor aftershock , mileena

Can anyone confirm this or have I just not played hem enough?

Seems like he has some ok ones though like against tanya dn, dvorah,

Can anyone confirm this as well or give some insight

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Any character with a better rushdown or keepaway game in my opinion. Way I see it, Takeda excels at mid-range, if somebody gets in or keeps him further away, he'll have to struggle to keep up his gameplan.
Luckily his tools are solid by now.

ATIWAB

Noob
I've been having too much fun with lasher so far I've only played these matchups casually but seems like he struggles a bit against ermac, tremor aftershock , mileena

Can anyone confirm this or have I just not played hem enough?

Seems like he has some ok ones though like against tanya dn, dvorah,

Can anyone confirm this as well or give some insight
D'Vorah has no great gap closer and can be kept at range pretty much at will if you know how she works, I was playing Venomous as a pocket character for a bit. Only thing about playing against her as Takeda is that you have to chill a bit on the amount of njp you do vs other characters, her d2 is too strong an AA to just throw it out there. Otherwise it's a pretty favourable match for Takeda.

I think everyone struggles a bit against AS Tremor, the air low and 50/50 strings + high damage on any confirm plus ground shocks and both mid and low projectiles... He plays like a mix of Jax/Kano, but with more tools (the overhead rock drop to force a standing block while he uses a low, for example). If you wanna see how stupid Tremor gets, the Tremor sets to watch are DJT vs SonicFox, Tremor vs. Hunter Pred that went 4-5 and then 2-1 at EGL Dallas. Shows how versatile AS Tremor is.

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main

Id play you if you'd like. My psn and gamertag is SylverRye. No offense to the liu player but he was really bad here.

Hey man! Used to play you a lot on PC before I switched to PS4.

Kano is definitely tough; F/T Ruthless is up there too, the amount of damage it can put out in such a short amount of time forces you to play really defensively after a PNG or two and it's hard to keep range advantage with the armored bf3 charge.

Any tips for Kano pressure? A few of his strings break armor, hard to get out once they get going.
sorry for reeally late reply just block alot , he only has one overhead and his low is slow , just dont get to happy kano can punish alot of moves that others cant

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
Man, I feel like I can't do anything with lasher against Cassie. Perhaps it was just online but once she gets in I feel like I can do anything. Any suggestions?