What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Takeda's worst match-up?

Man, I feel like I can't do anything with lasher against Cassie. Perhaps it was just online but once she gets in I feel like I can do anything. Any suggestions?
Your mission in that matchup is to kkep her out use b21 d+f1 and over spacing tools to your advantage and end your combos with bf2 to keep her at range you have to be patient

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I've been having too much fun with lasher so far I've only played these matchups casually but seems like he struggles a bit against ermac, tremor aftershock , mileena

Can anyone confirm this or have I just not played hem enough?

Seems like he has some ok ones though like against tanya dn, dvorah,

Can anyone confirm this as well or give some insight
Can confirm all this shit, anyone with better buttons will keep you locked down once they are in, and I play ronin although I don't have the spacing quite down yet you're gonna have a hard time against anyone who has even a slightly better poke and pressure game than you,zoning is non factor except for those out of nowhere ermac soulballs

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ive played ronin. The armor is MUCH better , but still not that great in a game with safe armored launchers all of let the place. He doesnt warrant enough of a reward especially when against jax he will have to armor out a lot since in that matchup his pokes are basically useless.
Pig took over this guy's account.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I see a lot of complaints about the Liu Kang matchup, but he's pretty easy to keep at mid imo. Flying kick and fireball are his only real gap closing tools and SR can Tele around both, plus we can smack Flying Kick right out of the air with the recent changes to b21.
You have to make VERY few mistakes in this match up. If you read a flying kick and you low profile it there's some good options there but if he throws a fireball instead and you try to low profile his flying kick he gets to run in and do his thing. On knock down you have no choice but to respect his pressure. He knocks you down alot.. IMO this and Jax are Takedas worst match ups because of OKI.

tanya is also a pretty bad match up against takeda the truth is that people who can snuff the weak armor moves of takeda are hard to deal with

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Sun God is a pretty bad one for Shirai Ryu too. I feel like I roll every Takeda unless they're much better than me.
Idk your skill level and I'm definitely not going to harp up mine but I've had matches where I played Lasher against Sungod where guys have gotten on the mic screaming at me becuase of Lashers space control.. I'd pretty much just knock sungod down and continue to steam roll his ass.. Lasher can get up against Sungod with his wake ups and armor. It's pretty easy to zone him out too with the kunais and run in whip strike.

If you throw a kunai a few times Kotal players tend to jump to close distance. Either that or run. If I see a run I use DF1 and cancel into Whip Trip. After a whip strike AA you can run in and pressure with f12 2+4 whip trip mix ups on the first and second hit of the string. The hard knock down leads to another guess.

I agree this match up is tough for Shirai Ryu but Lasher smothers Sun God Kotal.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Idk your skill level and I'm definitely not going to harp up mine but I've had matches where I played Lasher against Sungod where guys have gotten on the mic screaming at me becuase of Lashers space control.. I'd pretty much just knock sungod down and continue to steam roll his ass.. Lasher can get up against Sungod with his wake ups and armor. It's pretty easy to zone him out too with the kunais and run in whip strike.

If you throw a kunai a few times Kotal players tend to jump to close distance. Either that or run. If I see a run I use DF1 and cancel into Whip Trip. After a whip strike AA you can run in and pressure with f12 2+4 whip trip mix ups on the first and second hit of the string. The hard knock down leads to another guess.

I agree this match up is tough for Shirai Ryu but Lasher smothers Sun God Kotal.
I've never played a good Lasher. Add me if you're on X1. My GT is GAV60.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I've never played a good Lasher. Add me if you're on X1. My GT is GAV60.
PS4.. And to be honest, I may have never played a good Sun God but on paper Lasher fixes alot of the problems Shirai Ryu seems to have with the Whip Strike and Whip trip mix ups alone.. The guys I played literally shat on my Shirai Ryu and then got uber mad when my Lasher started going in.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I don't know me and guerilla have been talking match ups with lasher and we think jax is in lshers favor. If you want to know details ask guerilla
I think the match up goes from 7-3 or arguably 6-4 against Shirai Ryu to a solid 5-5 against Lasher. Most Jax players will be a little surprised you actually picked Lasher and even more surprised that a Takeda player knows how to use armor to interrupt pressure and break through wakeups but once they regain their footing they'll focus harder on pushing you to the corner and starting pressure with 12 to break your wakeups on knock down. This match up is still a battle to stay out of the corner.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
PS4.. And to be honest, I may have never played a good Sun God but on paper Lasher fixes alot of the problems Shirai Ryu seems to have with the Whip Strike and Whip trip mix ups alone.. The guys I played literally shat on my Shirai Ryu and then got uber mad when my Lasher started going in.
I never get mad. If I can't beat my opponent, I need to get better. Its never the winner's fault for winning.