What's new

Swamp Thing Revealed for Injustice 2

kevkopdx

Noob
i wish more characters were like this, exagerrated moves and more comic book-y... the UI design in both games is very sterile ie "fighters arriving in metropolis" tinny announcer voice, this shit should be sayin Kablam! and Pow! all over the place... that being said, i love the series and prefer it over mk but this trailer makes me wish the game was a little larger than life

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I dunno what you saw to say that, but the anti-zoning looks ridiculous in this trailer. I'm crossing my fingers that some of that was gear only like the Canary grenade because if not, well, R.I.P. Zoning...
We need a zoning checker and his checking looks fair.

kevkopdx

Noob
Granted, he has a move that screams NS, but that grab w/ the extended Swap assist at :35 was very sweet.

IMO nothing is more disappointing than seeing a NEW DC character who has (essentially) some recycled move from MK or INJ: GAU.

Zatanna's mirrors move and her trait are still the best moves to enter Injustice (IMO).

I'm VERY happy with Swamp Thing. I take it the extended Swamp hands, etc will be his trait...? Oddly enough, I'm very excited to play Robin though.

EDIT: Also, for the Noob-like moves... if they would just use parts of the Swamp, like a tree or vines to hold and hit the opponent it would be better IMO. Having two Swamp Things does scream Noob Saibot.
agree with Zatanna... cool character design, trait was rad, wish she was in this one :/

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
They did a great job with introducing the character. He'll seem fun to play.

BTW, theres nothing wrong with having two plant characters.
Theres a lot of returning characters, with mostly the same movesets. They can afford to have a character slot up to 40 characters, so people shouldnt worry about "wasting a character slot".

Error

DF2+R2
Fate, Swamp, Canary, and Arrow should all be out of the game per the comic. As should John Stewart but at least he's DLC.
What happened to Dr. Fate?

Canary is alive in a different earth with another Oliver Queen, both could be brought back to injustice earth. Swamp Thing can't die/reincarnates right? He's just in another dimension or something.

trufenix

bye felicia
What happened to Dr. Fate?

Canary is alive in a different earth with another Oliver Queen, both could be brought back to injustice earth. Swamp Thing can't die/reincarnates right? He's just in another dimension or something.
Year 2 after dropping Canary off Fate says: "I won't take you back there. I have already broken too many rules." Year 3 Fate gets sucked into the void with Mxyzplk and Trigon. Flash fails to save Swamp Thing from getting dragged to hell during their fight.

CrazyFingers

Year 2 after dropping Canary off Fate says: "I won't take you back there. I have already broken too many rules." Year 3 Fate gets sucked into the void with Mxyzplk and Trigon. Flash fails to save Swamp Thing from getting dragged to hell during their fight.
Still an immortal being capable of reincarnating himself, there is always a way for you to bring ol' Swampy back.

CrazyFingers

welp so far super girl has the only legit zoning and beatle will just get walked down in high levels of play. hope dead shot has unpredictability and fast mid projectiles that have to be respected. I JUST WANT SINESTRO TRAIT OR SOMETHING LIKE IT
To be clear, i like zoning but i don't like unchecked zoning. I hope you find your zoner (Deadshot is looking your style) but just let me keep my possibly good/possibly not even that good counter zoning :p

To be clear, i like zoning but i don't like unchecked zoning. I hope you find your zoner (Deadshot is looking your style) but just let me keep my possibly good/possibly not even that good counter zoning :p
with all the teleports and crazy mobility they have been showing, trust me, zoning will likely suck again. but at least I can hope for the best. MB rolls :(

Whatever it is I am just happy to be playing injustice again

CrazyFingers

with all the teleports and crazy mobility they have been showing, trust me, zoning will likely suck again. but at least I can hope for the best. MB rolls :(

Whatever it is I am just happy to be playing injustice again
it's not gonna suck man you're just gonna have to think a bit more this time around. Full screen lockdown =/= zoning. NRS has fucked a lot of people's idea of zoning.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
welp so far super girl has the only legit zoning and beatle will just get walked down in high levels of play. hope dead shot has unpredictability and fast mid projectiles that have to be respected. I JUST WANT SINESTRO TRAIT OR SOMETHING LIKE IT
The only thing about walking down beetle (right now) is that by the time you get to him, he's going to have a full stack of meter, which means that if he touches you and bounce cancels you just lost half a life bar.

He might still be unfinished -- but in either case, if you let him build meter you don't want to get hit, haha.

It might actually be cool to leave him that way; kind of like a Zangief-style risk/reward char. Who knows.