What's new

Swamp Thing: Helping Him Out Post IPS Finals

D. R.

Noob
Some of these buffs man...

Anyways, why are you all so content with the Up Vine Grab motion? I know god damn well no one here is hitting it 100% of the time. It seriously needs to be changed.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I know, but I wish it would give something more as our meterless damage is lacking everywhere but the corner (and even there it's not great).

It would be nice if we could connect f23 after b223xclone, or anything else after b223xclone other than sweep. For a string that can be poked out of before the last hit very easily, it doesn't offer much even though it's plus on block (if i remember correctly).

It just barely seems that 11 misses after doing b223xclone...it would be so nice to be able to hit that combo and end with a vine grab, or just 1xgreen thumb or whatever works for the situation.
You can end in vine grab. B223 xx clone, D3xx vinegrab.

All things considered most characters dont have a confirmable meterless launcher at all so I think having the links into F2 after B223 and F233 are fair, u gotta nut up and make the link if you want that much damage off his mids for no resources.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Some of these buffs man...

Anyways, why are you all so content with the Up Vine Grab motion? I know god damn well no one here is hitting it 100% of the time. It seriously needs to be changed.
wanna provide some better discussion other than that or nah? also that input is definitely something i have an issue with but i've given up on trying to get inputs changed with nrs games

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!

All things considered most characters dont have a confirmable meterless launcher at all so I think having the links into F2 after B223 and F233 are fair, u gotta nut up and make the link if you want that much damage off his mids for no resources.
My bad I didn't read your inital post correctly, you mentioned d3xvine grab there too. That's pretty rad, will have to mess with that.

As for it being fair, I get the intended design, I just don't think it would be any kind of unfair to give swampy. Regardless, I'd regard that as a luxury change anyways as the other points of discussion everyone is bringing up are much more important than my issues with b223.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

You got this idea from me, haven't you? :mad:

D. R.

Noob
wanna provide some better discussion other than that or nah? also that input is definitely something i have an issue with but i've given up on trying to get inputs changed with nrs games
Yeah, Air Dash. :DOGE

Anyways, I think he needs this after playing him for so long:

- 6 frame d1
- plus frames on f3, something like +8
- projectile "immunity" while in trait (not true immunity but essentially he would have unlimited armor against projectiles while in trait, allowing trades with Vine Grab and clone instead of the shit we have now)
- GT(MB) heals for 105 instead of 80
- f2 has a better vertical hit box so that it does not whiff under or above the move while the opponent is there (I've had this move low profiled and at times in combos it whiffs when the opponent is right above the move)
- change the input of up Vine Grab to db1 and make it 8 frames
- change the input of log kick to bf1 and make it safe on block, -6
- smaller gap on b223

Those are what I'd deem essential imo. Everything else can be argued. I think Swamp Thing is very good, he just needs some tweaks, mainly with frames and move properties.

CrazyFingers

Yeah, Air Dash. :DOGE

Anyways, I think he needs this after playing him for so long:

- 6 frame d1
- plus frames on f3, something like +8
- projectile "immunity" while in trait (not true immunity but essentially he would have unlimited armor against projectiles while in trait, allowing trades with Vine Grab and clone instead of the shit we have now)
- GT(MB) heals for 105 instead of 80
- f2 has a better vertical hit box so that it does not whiff under or above the move while the opponent is there (I've had this move low profiled and at times in combos it whiffs when the opponent is right above the move)
- change the input of up Vine Grab to db1 and make it 8 frames
- change the input of log kick to bf1 and make it safe on block, -6
- smaller gap on b223

Those are what I'd deem essential imo. Everything else can be argued. I think Swamp Thing is very good, he just needs some tweaks, mainly with frames and move properties.
seems to be the consensus that he's definitely super solid and just has some minor adjusting to his frames/properties. everyone here has had valid things in their buff lists imo. some have been a little greedier than others (i'm guilty of that but i'm not ashamed to admit i want my character to be more than just okay) but overall we can agree on a 6 frame D1, some form of frame change to his F3/B3, maybe some more sustain in his base toolset, and an adjustment to B223 whether it be gap reduction, B2 being faster, etc etc. #UndrainTheSwamp indeed.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN

Have you tried this on various characters? I'm not sure if it works on your small bodies midscreen. Tried it a bit last night.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
READ THE COMMENTS. IM AN IDIOT. I was thinking other grapplers dont have to put up with that shit why should we.

EDIT: Also your comment, very helpful to the conversation at hand.
Yes you are <3
Should I find all of your comments which bring nothing helpful to the conversation? Dude, easy.

Play deadly rebel (best swamp hands down) with any character and let me know if u think he needs buffs.

This community is pitiful. "NRS please fix my character. It has nothing to do with my skill bc I'm the greatest of all time. It's the characters fault"

Need to be VERY careful about buffing any characters. The game is still very young. You dudes want another i1 bane situation?

So sick of nerf buff threads. How about a thread asking for help. Maybe the people asking for buffs Actually need buffs themself... and not their character.

CrazyFingers

Play deadly rebel (best swamp hands down) with any character and let me know if u think he needs buffs.

This community is pitiful. "NRS please fix my character. It has nothing to do with my skill bc I'm the greatest of all time. It's the characters fault"

Need to be VERY careful about buffing any characters. The game is still very young. You dudes want another i1 bane situation?

So sick of nerf buff threads. How about a thread asking for help. Maybe the people asking for buffs Actually need buffs themself... and not their character.
So youre a really pleasant person. Listen I dont even have a problem playing the character. I play him, I'm good on him, I dont blame him for my losses I suck it up and play the games. However it's undeniable that he needs a little bit of help. Are my suggested changes a bit much? Sure, I can admit that. But dont come into this thread and insult me because I'm not whoever the fuck Deadly Rebel is. And honestly, I lost all respect for your opinion on balance the moment you opened your dumb mouth about Deadshot. So do me a favor and just stop, you salty sad man.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Werent you just talking about how Deadshot is a problem and Cyborg needs faster fireballs? You were fine suggesting buffs and nerfs then, so is this post just because Swamp is a grappling rushdown fool?

CrazyFingers

Werent you just talking about how Deadshot is a problem and Cyborg needs faster fireballs? You were fine suggesting buffs and nerfs then, so is this post just because Swamp is a grappling rushdown fool?
It's fine, since he can't handle Swamp Thing clearly the character needs no help.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

you're a deadshot player therefore nothing that you ever say or will say is valid.

Wavy

Block Spammer
MB clone is my biggest issue I have with him personally. That shit loses a bar of meter to always lose a trade. Give it armor pls.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN

So you get bopped by a Swamp Thing bc you don't know the MU and now you think you understand the character enough to comment on his suggested balance changes? Do you not see how contradictory that is?

Deadshot v Swamp Thing is one of the worst MUs in the game and this comment shows more about your inability to exploit his obvious weaknesses than highlight the character or whoever tf Deadly Rebel is lol.

Everyone in this forum has basically said that he needs help, but that he could easily be overbuffed and turned into Bane from IGAU all over again. But he's also a really complex character so I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't play the character to have a valid opinion on his balance...

Last edited: