What's new

Breakthrough Superman's Midscreen Lockdown

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The problem with this is that 2 dashes might be punishable or give your opponent a free normal to throw out, something you don't want in a lot of matchups.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Well, reversal options. I'd say your best going for dash-> air dash against people with crappy AA/A2A options, and staying grounded against people who have really good ones. Feel them out, and adjust accordingly. That'll make an interesting matchup-based mindgame. Fun stuff.
Do you know what Superman's dash frames are?
That's the plan, and no, I just know it's good!

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
The problem with this is that 2 dashes might be punishable or give your opponent a free normal to throw out, something you don't want in a lot of matchups.
I was going to say. If you're conservative you should get one in (general statement). Example, flash will speed dodge out of it, and a double dash from superman leads to an easy MBLC combo. A single dash and superman can block it in time.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
This is really good stuff. I have been using this for awhile now and I love to do it I just didn't realize how good it actually is. Thanks for the research man!

This is great against batgirl. It's one of the best tools to use against her in the MU IMO.

I love how it seems we're still going to continue finding new techs for many characters even as we think we're reaching the peak of Injustice hype.

Continue on, fellas - make this game as hype (broke) as possible. :joker:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Is there enough supes recovery after the supes heat zap for flip to pass through and hit you?

Ooh here's another question actually. It hits if I crouch if you time it right but since low guns alter DS's hitbox, and go under zap every other time. will wakeup lowguns beat it?
Sword Flip absorbs the laser, but gets full combo punished. Low gunshots avoid it completely.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I was going to say. If you're conservative you should get one in (general statement). Example, flash will speed dodge out of it, and a double dash from superman leads to an easy MBLC combo. A single dash and superman can block it in time.
Just tested it, and although Speed Dodge absorbs the laser, I still have time to dash up and F2 Flash. Dummy was set to auto block.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Wakeup Shoulder? Timing needs to be adjusted so the laser hits him as he's charging at you, otherwise, it's absorbed and you cannot punish him on block. You will still have a bit of trait up, so the MB is irrelevant.
Thank god. Its tough enough getting up as it is with DD and that matchup sucks cause of SM trait

I'm having a lot of trouble hitting this consistently, can anyone help with what they're doing for the timing? It feels like a 2 or 3 frame window for the stand up, and the timing is really variable depending on when the f3 hits (after the mb breath b3)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'm having a lot of trouble hitting this consistently, can anyone help with what they're doing for the timing? It feels like a 2 or 3 frame window for the stand up, and the timing is really variable depending on when the f3 hits (after the mb breath b3)
I have a visual cue for the crouchers. When their legs stretch out, input the zap.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@Emperor DMS both RMS and LK dash cancel backdash or forward dash work on getting up from this no punish, to punish LK forward dash you would have to immediately instant air eye lasers.

making video for the hell of it in a few.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Spin is fully invincible and parry takes out projectiles, so I'm assuming Wonder Woman isn't affected by this without Supes delaying the heat zap, but I'll test it out to be sure.

Edit: Spin gets punished after absorbing.

Parry can get blown up in the start-up frames.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Most importantly, the video must say "Hey guys, Zyphox here."
nvr mind won't make video until later when my elgato stops acting up, anyway i found that if superman dashes forward i can do RMS f1 to blow up his dash as well as LK forward dash d1d2 beats his forward dash f23, superman should just does this into either eye lasers or bait my LK forward dash but jumping forward no air dash and j3 him. flash's best option is RMS then cancel to play the neutral game. you can catch LK backdash with a properly timed second straight laser or at least make me block it, but tbh superman doesn't need to approach flash at all in this MU.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Spin is fully invincible and parry takes out projectiles, so I'm assuming Wonder Woman isn't affected by this without Supes delaying the heat zap, but I'll test it out to be sure.
I already tested it. Spin is full combo punishable after the absorbed zap.