What's new

Question Superman top 1?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Superman easily top 1-3.

Man, definitely not taking anything away from Tyrant, but we realized just how bad that matchup is in Grand Finals.

Superman F23 punishes EVERYTHING Aquaman has. I can't do DB1, F2, B2, B2U3, or even my DF1 poke poke poke poke poke. So I basically have to let my hitconfirm string end at -6... That's my safest option...

yeah, Superman's f+2,3 is insane. It's the Kitana f+2,1 of Injustice.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Yeah but 8 frames and ends at +1 on block haha.

Also not mad whiff punishable like F21.

Why am I the one downplaying Kitana instead of you. Something is wrong.
So besides backdash and block escape (if one has and is willing to spend meter), what other viable options are there? I know this might boil down to character specifics but are there "general" options available?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nah, I am just kidding. I will playing cyborg most likely threw out injustice lifetime. He is just really different jax, and gonna take time to get right with him. Hey, how about u main cyborg and be the face of the character for me.

Cyborg is not a 16 Bit character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Superman rapes Ares. That is all.

Good shit to Tyrant though, very impressive!

yeah, Superman's f+2,3 is insane. It's the Kitana f+2,1 of Injustice.
no, its way better, its more like if liu kangs f12 was a launcher....

but on the other hand db3 is a pretty good move, definetely think killer frost doomsday deathstroke and grundy all smell top tier

Superman easily top 1-3.

Man, definitely not taking anything away from Tyrant, but we realized just how bad that matchup is in Grand Finals.

Superman F23 punishes EVERYTHING Aquaman has. I can't do DB1, F2, B2, B2U3, or even my DF1 poke poke poke poke poke. So I basically have to let my hitconfirm string end at -6... That's my safest option...
Any chance I could ask you for some tips on this matchup? As a Superman player I feel that it is an awful, AWFUL matchup for Superman. I've tried punishing everything with F23 and all I've found that I can punish (that my opponent is using anyway) is B2 and the rapid stab special (no idea what the input for that is). The round starts with Aquaman in range to overhead or low you, and Superman only in range to block or backdash/jump back (giving Aquaman advantage because his fullscreen game beats Superman's imo). Heat Vision/Air Heat is rendered useless by the water shield, and Superman's ambiguous crossup game is completely nullified by Aquaman's insane D2 (seriously, it stuffs anything Superman does from above even if Supes is already behind him).

I feel like I must be missing something in the matchup when someone is saying it's bad for Aquaman. In our local group we only have a Grundy player, an Ares/Lantern player, an Aquaman player, and myself, but we all go even with each other except I get bodied by the Aquaman.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Any chance I could ask you for some tips on this matchup? As a Superman player I feel that it is an awful, AWFUL matchup for Superman. I've tried punishing everything with F23 and all I've found that I can punish (that my opponent is using anyway) is B2 and the rapid stab special (no idea what the input for that is). The round starts with Aquaman in range to overhead or low you, and Superman only in range to block or backdash/jump back (giving Aquaman advantage because his fullscreen game beats Superman's imo). Heat Vision/Air Heat is rendered useless by the water shield, and Superman's ambiguous crossup game is completely nullified by Aquaman's insane D2 (seriously, it stuffs anything Superman does from above even if Supes is already behind him).

I feel like I must be missing something in the matchup when someone is saying it's bad for Aquaman. In our local group we only have a Grundy player, an Ares/Lantern player, an Aquaman player, and myself, but we all go even with each other except I get bodied by the Aquaman.
Aquaman's F2 (the low that he can start the round with) and DB1 (The scoop that puts you over his head) are also both punishable.

If he is starting the round off by mixing you up, remember that your F2 will connect at the start of the round too, and it will connect before his moves will.

The Water shield runs out eventually, so if he puts it up, delay your projectile.

Superman can still get a crossup on knockdown, just don't jump at him otherwise.

Also F23 xx Breath is really really good in this matchup. Tom Brady wrote about it a bit:

I would love to help my fellow Atlantiens but I get A LOT of bad attitude ever since I announced that I had been using Aquaman for a while and planned to main him. All of a sudden these players who were always friendly to me just hated my guts lol.. like revolver..

Rather than be able to help, you Aquaman players tell me to get off of the character lol.

Here is one thing I will help with..

I watched chef vs tyrant for the first time just now and tyrant could have just done F+23~breath, F+23~ breath and nothing that chef did in that event would have worked. You cannot counter poke with F+1, B+1. B+2, etc because the next F+23 will always beat you out. So, if tyrant would have done that, every F+1/B+1/B+2 that chef did after blocking the inital F+23~breath would have been beat out by another F+23. The only thing Aquaman can do is..

1. Take the breath and get blown back

2. MB B+3, but Superman can back dash, then punish the whiff

3. D+1/uppercut and trade/win out but uppercut can be blocked and punished or Superman can do nothing and both the D+1 and uppercut miss and he can whiff punish.

4. Push block

5. double back dash which Superman can punish with a dash F+23, this will not work in corners

6. jump forward, causing the next F+2 to hit but the 3 whiffs. Superman can punish that in several ways such has F+2~MB breath, bait the jump and aa, etc...